fb

The Crystalized Blood of a Monster.

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding The Crystalized Blood of a Monster.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@evelyn, with creatures… I don’t really know where I get the ideas. They just seem to come naturally when I want to brainstorm for them in my stories.

@the-fledgling-artist
    , hmmm. Nice. *pets goat*

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@evelyn, what sort of suggestions for creatures do you want? Any? Or are they just a few kinds that you’d want?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@Andrew First off, nice new profile!

As to brainstorming, I don’t know. I have this world that my characters are going into and I’m trying to decide what feel I should give it and if I should make up mythical creatures… I’ll figure it out! *strides confidently out* 😉

If I was trying to come up with a pet for my evil magician to have though… would you have any suggestions? 🙂

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@evelyn

An evil pet for a an evil person? Hmm. Maybe the magician might have this little brown puppy that sits in  his lap, then once somebody he doesn’t like comes by, the puppy leaps toward his enemy with surprising strength, great eyes, and razor-sharp teeth.

Or…

You could have this black red-eyed parrot that can sense all the movements of their enemies, you could have this blood-red gold-eyed lobster that can step out of water for really long with great strength, or this slithery extremely agile green snake with purple eyes like those of a diseased gems that hypnotizes its enemies with its stare.

I could probably think up of more, that’s what came to my mind at the moment.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@Andrew Thanks! I’ll probably end up using one of those. 🙂

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@evelyn, okay. 🙂

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@andrew, wow cool!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@nuetrobolt, thanks!

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@andrew, *tries to think of one of my cool creatures*

*(Wait do I even have any cool creatures?)*

I mostly use the classic creatures in my ideas. You know, griffons, dragons, phoenixes. Though I don’t use the classic races. (usually)

Ok here was one I made up that I just remembered: Flamed Goat. Basically, its a firebreathing carnivorous goat that will eat you if you get too close.

Snurtile: Has a turtle body with super long neck (like I mean super long) with an alligator-like head on the end. Also dangerous.

Rhinoctopus: A tentacled (it has more than eight) creature with a huge rhino-like head. (Don’t ask, I know its bizarre) Yep, he’s dangerous.

Flortchen: A species of owl who wears a turtle like shell in which it can tuck its whole body. (This is great for disguise in its forested homes, since moss is growing on the shell.) Do I even need to say it? Dangerous.

Elyugriff (not Dumbo): A tiny winged elephant. (No, he does not flap his ears to fly). This one’s not dangerous. Finally. Of course, it has the dangerous species, Ashen Elyugriff. Those breathe fire.

I also have many bizzare breeds of horses, including horned horses, woolly horses, carnivourous horses, colourful horses, (of course the classic unicorns and Pegasus) and others.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@nuetrobolt, I like it! 🙂

Animals are so fun to come up with.

Imagine this crimson-scaled peacock (its scales are almost like feathers) with these glisteningly violet, crystal-like eyes that breaths this yellow, hypnotizing vapor. I just sort of thought that up as I wrote it. I don’t know what to call it yet… but I have to go to bed soon… so by!

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Okay, I’m up again. Just got up this morning (like anybody really cares) but I’m probably going to be doing school soon. Just hopefully it doesn’t take so long.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@andrew

So, you’d be proud of me… I’ve been working some on my worldbuilding. 🙂

Here are some things I’ve come up with for my story. Let me know what you think!

A smiggle toad – a bumpy gray toad also known as a “messenger toad,” as it is often used for such a purpose by the Wizards of the council of Alergeera.

A swimble bear – A enormous black bear known for its strange vegetarian diet, but also for it’s vicious claws, it’s vicious fangs, and it’s vicious fighting habits. It is able to survive digesting deadly planets and can smell an Onowla Tree (see below) from miles away.

Mellowgear – a tall, darkly colored bird with a long neck, very unique call, and webbed feet. Feasts on frogs, toads, salamanders, mice, rats, and other small rodents.

Swallcee – a small mouse-like rodent with enormous ears and no tail. Usually a gray or white. Very skittish.

An Onowla Tree – a low, but thick old magical tree that produces pink berries in the winter, nuts in the spring, and drops its leaves in the fall. It’s leaves are known to be poisonous plain but very healthy if dried and baked. If prepared so, it can be used to cure almost any ailment.

Hushroom – a mushroom known for its effect of drowsiness when digested. It is white with a puffy top that is almost diamond shaped. It can mostly commonly be found in the dense forest of Sayon or in the marshes of Aerwere.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Evelyn.
    Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@evelyn, oh, nice! I like it! You and The Throne Warden of Emberia both have very nice animals (and plants.)

I especially like the Onowla Tree. 🙂

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@andrew Thanks!

Yeah, @nuetrobolt yours are really cool!!

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@andrew @evelyn

Thankyou.

Wordsmith, you forgot fungi. She didn’t only come up with animals and plants, but fungi. And that fungi is personally my favorite.

More weird organisms from me:

Gloobals: (Making up Kingdom Gloobalia) Yep, its a sixth kingdom. They are made up of eukaryotic cells, some are single celled, but most are multi-celled. They are usually roundish, can be any colour, depending on the species, and float. Yep, that’s right, they hang suspended in mid air. At all sorts of different altitudes. Some are aquatic. They all make food by chemosynthesis (think photosynthesis without needing the sun (its a real term and a real process)), but many also photosynthesise, are consumers, or are decomposers, or any combinations of those. Some are edible, some are poisonous. Some are the size of your fists, and other the size of planets (those only exist in outer space).  Some are healthy (to eat or to rub on your skin) some are unhealthy.

And now you are probably tired of hearing about gloobals. I know I am.

Dragonweed (otherwise called the Colfranger): This one’s a plant. A fiery plant. A populous plant. Dragons wouldn’t survive without these (ok, they could, but they’d miss out on a lot of fun). The oil (called Colfranger Oil) is the fuel necessary for the fire glands in dragons. The oil is also great to start a bonfire (or bomb) and is an excellent spice to human food, if you like spicy (and I mean really spicy!). The leaves itself are very filling, and if going on a journey, they are useful since they take up little space and are very filling, but of course then you have to take a lot of water along to try to rid the burning from your mouth, and then it weighs more than if you had packed a couple sandwiches, so…  It is said to have healing powers if you eat enough of it, but no one has ever been able to get far enough to find out if that is true. It can come in variations other than just making fire. For instance, one species of colfranger, frostweed gives the eater (only if its a dragon equipped with frost glands) chill breath, which, depending on the strength of the frost glands could freeze something to death. Or gasweed gives any vapor glanded dragon the ability to breathe poisonous vapor. You get the picture.</span>

Sorry for going on so long. I’m done now.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Brink.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest