The Artists of SE

Forums Art Art Discussions The Artists of SE

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@mariposa, thanks for letting me use him!

Some of the dinosaurs I’m planning on having is a Schmidtasaurus (which I used because my last name is Schmidt) a Temperatursaurus, a Legosaurus, and a lot more! One of my dinosaurs is an Emberasaurus (which I sort of got the word Ember off Story Embers.)

But since you’re letting me use this dinosaur of yours, I need to get some information about the dinosaur, so… I hope you don’t mind answering these:

1. What is the dinosaur’s intelligence level, if you have one? (But if you don’t, I’ll just put him in the level ‘smart,’ or if you like, ‘intelligent’.)

2. How does the dinosaur interact with other dinosaurs?

3. Could you please give me a description of the dinosaur?

4. How much does the dinosaur populate a year?

I hope these aren’t too much for you. But I already know that the dinosaur eats book and dinks ink, and is called an Authorsaurus… oh, and if you notice ‘Authorsaurus’ is not spelled right, please tell me.

Well, I’m excited to use this creative creature of yours to put in my paper dinosaur game! Happy writing!

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Mariposa Aristeo
      @mariposa

@andrew Ooh, an emberasaurus! That sounds awesome! 👍🏻 I’m curious, how is your game played? 😃

1. Authorosaurus’s intelligence is very high (due to the consumption of so many books). They’re even smarter than velociraptors. On a scale of one to ten, I’d give them a nine.

2. Authorosauruses tend to be introverts, so they like to be alone most of the time. However, they’re great conversationalists if you talk about anything literary related.

3. Aberdeen is currently fourteen feet tall, thirty-five feet long, and weighs four tons, but that can change rapidly depending on how many books he eats. Most Authorosauruses are some shade of green and typically have bluish stripes along their backs. Their species are prone to near-sightedness (hence the need for spectacles) and death from insanity.

4. Generally, Authorosauruses have one or two hatchlings every 3-5 years.

Your question weren’t too much; I’m happy to be of assistance (btw, Aberdeen is super excited about being in a game 😋). If you have any other questions, just let me know! Oh yes, you almost spelled Authorosaurus right, you were just missing the extra o. 😉

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Mariposa Aristeo
      @mariposa

Speaking of dinosaurs, here are some dinosaur sketches I’ve been posting to Aberdeen’s Instagram account. 😜🦖🦕

Dory

Dorythosaurus (pronunciation: door-ee-tho-sawr-us) Meaning “short-term memory loss.” They’re natural swimmers and expert address reminders; however, they have a tendency to wander and are often lost from the herd.

Dinosaur

Vulcanodon (pronunciation: vul-kan-uh-don). Meaning “volcano tooth.” Found in Zimbabwe and outer space. Well-known for their uncanny logic and nerve pinches, this species did live long and prosper. They feed on tribble carcasses and colorful goop that looks like cleaning chemicals.

Darth Vader

Darth Vaderioraptor (pronunciation: duh-arth-vay-der-ee-or-rap-tor). Meaning “heavy breather.” Don’t underestimate the speed of the fast side with this dinosaur. During hatching season, this raptor makes a low cawing noise that sounds like “I am your raptor.”

Inkylosaurus

Inkylosaurus (pronunciation: ink-ee-low-sawr-us). Meaning “not the tattoo kind.” They hoard pens in their dens and defend themselves by dipping their tails in ink and splattering predators.

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

@mariposa

Those are interesting drawings. My favorite may be the Darth Vaderiorapter. Don’t underestimate the fast side, because when you’re on the slow side, you’ll never catch up with the fast side’s deadly progress! I have this notebook right, filling it with dozens of make-belief animals… one of them a Loud-Sound Dinosaur. That name may sound silly, but it’s its name.

You asked how my game works… well, its more of a building game. Though this building game is not boring. You can get lots of dinosaurs, earn lots of rewards, do battles, explore the unknown, and more!

The game is on paper, so we may have this notebook or something, and right down all the dinosaurs. We may have this particular sheet for the dinosaurs we get and draw them down on it, with their habitat that we buy ‘unreal money’ and all the other useless decorations we fill the place with! It requires some effort to right down all the stuff on all the sheets, but I’ve done it before… though this is a long time since I’ve done it.

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to ask this, what habitat would you say an Authorosaurus would be in?

Well, anyway, have a nice time playing with your dinosaurs. But do be careful not to let Aberdeen eat your precious books!

Mariposa Aristeo
        @mariposa

@andrew Your games sounds cool. 👍🏻 Making up animals is fun (particularly making up dinosaurs 😜). Have you ever played Dino-opoly?

Most Authorosauruses live in Alabookma, USA (United States of Authorosauruses). It’s a tropical jungle with volcanoes, meteor showers, and bookstores. 🦖🦕

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@mariposa, thanks!

I haven’t heard of Dino-opoly before, but that sounds like a funny, creative name… did the designer of that game get the name of it off monopoly, (which I don’t know how to play monopoly but I’ve heard of it before).

And also, the description of the Authorosaurus was good, but when I went to draw it, I wasn’t exactly sure how the dinosaur was shaped, if it was more of a thin or bulky creature… and then there’s the eye color. I wanted this dinosaur to look just as you described, so if you happen to have a picture of an Authorosaurus, could you please send it here in this thread, so I can be sure of how it looks. But if you don’t, well… I’m sure I can think of something to get all of the little details on the dinosaur. 🙂

But anyway, you have pretty creative dinosaurs… and again, those dinosaur drawings are really good! Have a fun time!

Mariposa Aristeo
          @mariposa

@andrew Yes, it’s just like monopoly except with dinosaurs (they also have cat-opoly, dog-opoly, horse-opoly, etc.). 🙂

Sure! I have lots of drawings of Aberdeen which I use for his website. Here are some of them:

Aberdeen full size

Aberdeen Close-up

Authorosaurus

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

@mariposa

Oh, thanks for sending some of those pictures. I didn’t know Aberdeen had glasses.

Oh, those books! They’re be devoured by your Authorosaurus!

The Fledgling Artist
            @the-fledgling-artist

I did some acrylic paint studies of owls. 😀 Acrylic paint is such a challenge for me so I’m glad I spent the time to practice- even if I’m not thrilled with the results.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

@the-fledgling-artist, those owls don’t look bad. 🙂 Owls are cool creatures…

One of my favorite birds may be a cardinal. What is yours?

The Fledgling Artist
              @the-fledgling-artist

@andrew Thanks. 😉 Wow I don’t think I could choose a favorite! There are millions of fantastic birds. I really like budgies, owls, penguins, herons, ooh and puffins. 🙂 Sparrows and bluebirds, oh and hummingbirds are all cool too. Crows and vultures are kind of cool too. Ah, ill stop now. xD Like I said there are just so many cool birds.

Andrew Schmidt
              @andrew

@the-fledgling-artist, I wrote this one scene in a story where I looked through this bird book, and mentioned dozens of birds. I can’t member them all… but it is fun to sometimes go outside and listen to all the different birdsongs!

Mariposa Aristeo
                @mariposa

@the-fledgling-artist Your owls are cute. 🙂 I particularly like the one in the first picture. I think you did really well on its eyes. 👍🏻

Andrew Schmidt
                @andrew

@snapper @lady-illiara @emma-starr @ethryndal @kayla-joy and anyone else who does art.

Hi! I like drawing animals, landscapes, and maybe people… I tend to do better with shading and all that when I don’t actually have to color them in too, but digital art is harder for me. I did one decent picture (which I need to do more with the shading on the outfit) but the facial features I’m guessing were okay.

The Fledgling Artist
                  @the-fledgling-artist

@mariposa Thanks! I spent quite a bit more time on that one then any of the others. 🙂

@andrew
                  Yeah I agree. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 262 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest