fb

The Artists of SE

Forums Art Art Discussions The Artists of SE

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    ProfessorSJB
    @professorsjb

@the-fledgling-artist

I use a variety of mediums, but my favourites are watercolour and colouring pencils and a good set of mechanical pencils! What mediums do you use?

INFJ: Bibliomaniac that pretends to be a Bibliophile, owns an imaginary typewriter...

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@professorsjb Cool. Me too. ๐Ÿ˜€ I kinda just use what ever happens to be nearby, but mechanical pencils, ballpoint pens, watercolors, markers, and colored pencils are all common things I grab for. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Are the pictures you posted watercolor? That was my guess but I wasn’t sure.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

@the-fledgling-artist ohh, I really like this. It’s clear you are paying careful attention to observation and how the object works, like the mason jar holding the flowers for example. I really like that. Also the girl on the bottom is just adorable! Great work! Thanks for sharing.

โ€œI feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.โ€

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@christieaton Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Observational stuff is something I totally need to practice more. Anything non-organic like cars, houses, or chairs are really hard for me.
    The picture of the girl is almost a month old so I can see a lot of problems with it now (I’m sure you know how that is) but at the time I remember being super happy with it. ๐Ÿ™‚

ProfessorSJB
    @professorsjb

@the-fledgling-artist

The first work is watercolour, and the second is a mix of colouring pencils/watercolour.

INFJ: Bibliomaniac that pretends to be a Bibliophile, owns an imaginary typewriter...

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

Thought I’d share this here. This is what I finished tonight. I wanted to really work on some detail in backgrounds. All in all, I’m pretty pleased despite my perfectionist mind telling me I could do so much better.

โ€œI feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.โ€

Skredder
    @skredder

@christieaton Wow! That is excellent background work!

Here’s something of mine.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@christieaton That background is amazing! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ I enjoy drawing backgrounds myself, but they can be so time consuming!

@skredder
    I like your use of shading and perspective in that first one. ๐Ÿ™‚

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@skredder Good work! Digital art is really hard. I like the ninja girl. ๐Ÿ™‚

Skredder
    @skredder

@the-fledgling-artist Thank you. I was experimenting with a new coloring style in the ninja one. The buildings in the background I did with my computer mouse. It was rather fun.

@mariposa
    Thank you. I did that one on Easter.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

Hereโ€™s a Frozen-themed Valentine card I made for a friend:

Anna and Elsa

The inside of the card (I made it so that you could flip frozen Anna to the thawed Anna):

Frozen Anna

Thawed Anna

The back of the card:

Olaf

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@mariposa Wow your shading always looks so realistic! ๐Ÿ˜€

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@the-fledgling-artist Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@mariposa,ย @christieaton, @skreddar,ย those picturesย look really good, better than I could draw. ๐Ÿ™‚

I usually don’t paint, but I more prefer drawing. Drawing maps, making creatures, and even making big paper games that I draw all sorts of stuff in is fun too!

And speaking of making paper games, I’m making this dinosaur one right now.

@mariposa
    , I heard of your dinosaur, Aberdeen, and I was just wondering if I could useย this type of dinosaur to put in my game. He sounds interesting, eating books and drinking ink. Would you mind if I used this dinosaur to put in this paper game of mine along with all these other dinosaurs I plan to put in it?

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@andrew Thanks!

Ooh, a dinosaur game sounds epic!!! ๐Ÿฆ•๐Ÿฆ– As long as youโ€™re using your game for personal and not commercial use, itโ€™s fine to include Aberdeen (or a dinosaur like him). ๐Ÿ™‚ What are some of the dinosaurs you are going to put in it? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest