The Artists of SE

Forums Art Art Discussions The Artists of SE

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

Yes, that’s a bible page.

Uhhh, so did I just lower myself to heathen status or something? 🤨

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson *coughs awkwardly*

Um…

😉

I still want to go to a thrift store and buy a book solely for the purpose of doodling over it. And blackout poetry too! 🙂

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

😆

YES!! You totally should do that sometime. I really liked the black out poetry on your blog!

The only reason I used a bible page was because we had a bunch of used, falling apart bibles from somebody and since they were free to use, my sisters and I used them for card making and stuff.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

The only reason I used a bible page was because we had a bunch of used, falling apart bibles from somebody and since they were free to use, my sisters and I used them for card making and stuff.

XD

That’s hilarious.

Chalice
    @chalice

@eden-anderson, Ooh, I like your book art! Yes, that would be cool if it was done on an actual page from a Sherlock Holmes book.

Hmm, my sister actually gave me a falling apart Bible and it’s just been lying around with a rubber band holding it together….

Wouldn’t it be cool to go through a book of the Bible, or something, like a page a day of Psalms, and do a piece of artwork based on that page?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@chalice

Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun with it. 🙂

YES! That is such a cool idea!!! We should do it together! I don’t know if I would be able to do a page a day…but maybe once a week?! We could maybe even get @evelyn and @the-fledgling-artist roped into this too! 😀❤

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson @chalice

Ahh! That is really cool! I’d love to join in, but I, for one, do not have an old bible on hand to use. 😛

If you guys do this though, I’d love to follow your conversation and geek out over all your amazing artwork! 😀

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@eden-anderson I too lack a Bible to art on, sadly. Though I’d love to still participate in a weekly illustration inspired by the Psalms, if that’s alright? I’d just be doing it on boring paper. Heh. But only up until the first week of February! (That’s when I leave for Bible school! 😀 )

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

*cries* I’m sorry you won’t be joining us…but hey! If you wanted to you could just do what @the-fledgling-artist suggested.

@the-fledgling-artist

Yes, you should do it with us, even if you only have “boring” paper to do it on. 😀

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@eden-anderson Yay! I can’t wait to see what you and Chalice come up with. Are we going off of verses, or entire psalms? Hehe, I’m not even sure which one would be harder.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@the-fledgling-artist

I would say either. 😀

Chalice
    @chalice

@eden-anderson, Yeah, I probably wouldn’t be able to do one page a day either, but one a week sounds manageable.

@the-fledgling-artist
    , I was thinking just read through one of the Psalms on the page, or all of them (if there’s more than one, and if a certain verse from that page sparks an image in your mind, draw that. At least that’s what I was going to do.

I don’t think we’ll set up any specific rules for this, unless y’all want to. So, it doesn’t really matter if you draw on a bible or not. And you don’t have to start at the beginning and work your way through. I was just going to skip around….

Kay
    @kay

Oh my gosh, guys that’s an amazing idea!! Do y’all think that I could join?? @eden-anderson @chalice @the-fledgling-artist

Keep looking up because hope belongs in Him.

Chalice
    @chalice

@kay, Absolutely! Not sure when we’re starting….@eden-anderson?

I’ll probably start next week, but you can jump in whenever. 🙂

Kay
    @kay

Sweet!! Okay, I will just say I won’t be able to update my progress like every week at least for January.

I don’t have a bible to use either, but I am sure I can find at least an old book at my local thrift store XD

Keep looking up because hope belongs in Him.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest