Sudden Inconspicuous Disease Ideas?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Sudden Inconspicuous Disease Ideas?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MacyJean
    @macyjean

I need help finding some sort of a dangerous disease or sickness for one of my book ideas. I’m trying to find something that is not easy to tell the symptoms of and is possibly fatal and somewhat untreatable or something like that. In my story, the girl gets this disease or sickness and she dies before the doctors can fix it or do anything about it and no one can really tell that’s she’s sick and she doesn’t even think she’s that sick. Any ideas for what sickness she could have?

Elisha Starquill
    @elisha-starquill

@macyjean – Hi Macy! There’s this rare condition called Polyglandular Addison’s Disease, which is a hormone disorder that can cause instantaneous death from sudden emotional stress (it doesn’t even have to be huge or anything – could be a scary movie, for instance.) According to one site I found: “To put it simply, sufferers are unable to produce adrenaline in response to stress. Adrenaline, or ephedrine, is the ‘fight or flight’ hormone that the body produces in response to stress. When the body can’t produce adrenaline, our organs cannot respond to stress sufficiently enough and so go into shock before completely shutting down.”

A lot of diseases in general typically occur in old age, but this one could affect even younger people. And diagnosis of this is usually delayed because it’s so rare and symptoms are unspecific.

So yeah, hopefully this helps! 🙂

INFJ ➳ Trinstamentalist ➳ Thalassophile ➳ Chocolate Hater ➳ Daughter of God

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest