fb

Story Quote Game

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Story Quote Game

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

I thought it might be fun to share a few excerpts from our projects, through a game.

Leave a (short) favorite piece of writing from your WIP, and tag a friend.🤩

Not all those who wander are lost.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

Tagging @kylie-wingfeather to get us started (you’re welcome😝).

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

Um… Yeah, I have two chapters of the book I’m working on so far…

*Sheepish grin*

I haven’t exactly been productive. Um, let me switch to my laptop (I’m using my mom’s computer right now…) and I guess I’ll put a piece of the first chapter here?

"Bha e fhathast. Agus bha e air a ghràdh." -Am Maor agus an Rìgh Wolf

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

And… My laptop’s dead.

"Bha e fhathast. Agus bha e air a ghràdh." -Am Maor agus an Rìgh Wolf

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Hi guys! This looks like fun! Hope you don’t mind that I join in 😉

@kylie-wingfeather

(Still really want to see yours, Kylie!)

Here are the first two lines from my first book:

I didn’t think twice. If I had, I might not have rushed into the cloud of purple smoke.

Yeah, that summarizes Liorah’s character pretty well XD. I’d love critique! Does it work as a first line?

@arindown

I actually have some more pieces I’m pretty proud of. Are you allowed to post more than once?

I’ll tag…

@this-is-not-an-alien

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@rose-colored-fancy I think when you get tagged, you can put as many as you want. *shrugging* You can also tag multiple people if you want.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@rose-colored-fancy Ooh, interesting.

*jumping in as well, and will be silent after this unless tagged*

A man is born on a road. His parents have been walking on this road since they were born. They walk with their son until they die like their parents before them.

Because this road is all he’s known, he keeps walking on it. Little does he know, this road is called Destruction. It leads to no where, and all who are born and die on it have a purpose, but none of the purpose is fulfilled.

Any could step off this road at any time. There are no physical walls guarding it. But the walls of the mind are so much stronger. There is a way. Few are they that choose to want it, but those few are saved.

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @joelle-stone

@arindown
    Arindown!!! How have you been?

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@kimlikesart Love the quote you put.😍 I’m pretty good. I’ve been doing a lot of art lately. How are you?

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Whoa *how did I get tagged twice?* This looks fun, thanks! (erhm how’d ya’ll do that quote-thingy?). Anyway, this is a prelude to my villain’s POV between chapters:

We want power, instinctively. Fear comes from powerlessness, controlling attitude arise from fear, fear of losing it. Losing the power to keep what has become such a part of our lives we don’t think we can live without it. Losing power to keep someone in love with you, to keep someone caring. Losing power to control one’s own attachments and investments.
    Fear comes from a loss of power.
    Yet, the more power one receives, the more one is afraid…

*jumping in as well, and will be silent after this unless tagged*

Heheheh
    And I tag @kimlikesart! Ooh and @rusted-knight!

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@kimlikesart,

Wow, that is an excellent quote! It kind of gives of a Pilgrim’s Progress type vibe. (Also, thx for tagging me!)

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@kimlikesart

Ooh, interesting.

Thanks! <3

I agree with Joelle! It instantly made me think of Pilgrim’s Progress. I like it!

@this-is-not-an-alien

OooOOh! Very cool! Is this Connel, or another villain?

(erhm how’d ya’ll do that quote-thingy?)

Up in the toolbar, above the text, there’s a little quote icon. (Third from the left) Just click it and type or paste! Double enter to go back to normal.

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@rose-colored-fancy
    Thanks! It’s not Connel (although that would definitely fit him too, in a different way). It’s from the main villain who I don’t even dare put in the Villain’s Castle because his identity would give so many spoilers! (probably not as many as I imagine. But still!)

Up in the toolbar, above the text, there’s a little quote icon. (Third from the left) Just click it and type or paste! Double enter to go back to normal.

Thank you! I loved the bit from your book lol! I would definitely keep reading a book that had those first lines!

It kind of gives of a Pilgrim’s Progress type vibe.

*me who’s never read Pilgrim’s Progress* It’s sounds really cool @kimlikesart like you can tie so many deep themes with that!

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest