fb

Story-Go-Round

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Story-Go-Round

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Lin
    @lin

@i-david Your turn 🙂

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

I, David
    @i-david

@lin Unfortunately, I think I’ll have to pass this time. Which means, @introverted-elf, it’s on to you. X)

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Introverted Elf
    @introverted-elf

(Okay!)

David caught his breath at the landscape of food before him.  Just around the corner, encased under a canopy of lattice-work bushes and bright green leaves, a wide table loaded with all kinds of dishes awaited him.  There were fruit pies, meat pies, small cakes, bread with golden, melted butter, roasted truffles, long strips of vegetables, shredded, juicy meat, creamy soups, crispy salads, squares of brownies, and many more savory dishes.  The table was adorned with pine needles and tiny, red berries squeezed in between the plates of food, for decoration.  Three white chairs awaited for their assigned guests to sit in them.  Her glided over to the chair at the head of the table and gracefully sat in the seat.  The little girl, who had followed David and the young woman, scooted herself into a chair on the side, directly across from the last empty chair.

David sat in the empty chair, his eyes never leaving the table.  This is all for me? He thought incredulously.

“You can eat if you want,” Her gestured to David.  “Everything you see before you is safe to eat.”

David hesitated.  Why wouldn’t it be? He wondered skeptically.  He reached for a slice of the meat pie and bit off the pointed tip.  This is actually really good! He stuffed the rest of the pie slice into his mouth and piled his plate full of other foods.

Her watched David with silent fascination.

David glanced up at the little girl across from his seat.  Her large eyes sparkled with childish enjoyment, and she licked her fork clean of cherry juice.

She beamed at David, then licked the red juice of the cherry off her lips.  “Go on,” she urged him, “You can talk to Her.  She’s just a lady, nothing to be afraid of.”

David swallowed and glanced at Her, not sure what to say.

The dazzling lady’s eyes, visible behind the bark mask, squinted and sparkled with joyous mirth.  She giggled softly and covered her mouth with her hand.  “It’s alright,” she finally said, “I’m here to help.”

David’s cautious side of his mind wondered, She seems really nice, but…what kind of help? Even enemies claim to help you, when really they’re out to rid the world of you.

(On that note, you’re up, @bama-rose!)

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@everyone

Guyss I’m SO sorry I haven’t continued this!! Somehow I missed that it was my turn!!😩  I’ll get on it right away.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Alabama Rose.

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

“So, um…” David cleared his throat nervously. “Two questions. Number one: what is it I should call you?” He had a hard time believing her name was actually ‘her’. “And two, what are you here to help with, exactly?”

He felt himself blush from his blunt question. But he had a right to know.

The lady, or Her, to be more specific, smiled gently. It was a noble smile, a soft yet masterful smile. “You may call me Lady Adelaide. As for your second question, I am here to help you understand the ways of this world.”

What world? Was she trying to tell him he was in a different world? Yet, was that so unbelievable? The only other explanation from this fascinating, magical place was that he was going crazy.

Considering all that had happened, maybe that wasn’t such a wrong assumption.

“What are you saying?” His throat felt like it was constricting. The food? Or maybe just the nerves.

Lady Adelaide locked eyes with him. It felt oddly like she was looking into his inner soul. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair before she began speaking again. “Bruce, you didn’t end up here by chance. You are here to fulfill the Prophecy.”

The words held a magical tune in them and he tried hard not to shudder. “Prophecy?”

“The words that were spoken hundreds of years ago. That is why you are here.”

“That’s a good thing, right?” His jest wasn’t taken lightly.

She hesitated.

David arched his eyebrows. “You mean it’s not?” In all the old tales of people teleporting to other worlds to fulfill prophecies, they were the hero. But not in this dream, apparently.

Lady Adelaide didn’t smile this time. “Depends on the way you look at it.”

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@raemarie

Did you wanna give it a try? 😃

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@m-g-task

Would you like to go next? Is everyone still up for it? 🙂

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

I’m here! Still! Yeah!

*Forum Signature here*

I, David
    @i-david

#StillIn

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Michaela
    @mgtask

@bama-rose I’m sorry, I’m really busy, so I’m going to have to pass.

"May it be mercy I show for it is mercy I've been shown." - Written to Speak

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@mgtask

No problem! 🙂 Life gets busy.

@i-david

I was laughing so bad when I read your post that I had to explain the entire inside joke to my mom. 😆

@thewirelessblade

Awesome!! 😀

Who should go next?

I, David
    @i-david

@bama-rose The post where all I said is #StillIn?

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@i-david

haha yes, ’cause I forgot about that.😄

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

*Runs in. Gasps for breath*

#STILLIN

*Runs back out*

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@ericawordsmith

*grins* Awesome!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest