Story-Go-Round

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Story-Go-Round

This topic contains 152 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  JennytheFaun 6 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 153 total)
  • Author

E. Grace
    @emgc

Okay, everyone!  I finally wrote out the beginning of the story.  It’s pretty short, but, hopefully you can work with it. 🙂

He let out a slight gasp as the rock slipped out from beneath his feet.   He knew there was a ledge, as he’d be falling otherwise, but he couldn’t see it at all.  If he turned his head too far he might unbalance and the drop was further down than he could see.

This was nothing like he was used to.  Here, there was no safety rope. No soft mats to land on.  If he climbed further and lost his grip on a hand hold, than that would be it.

Your turn, @ericawordsmith!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  E. Grace.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

I’m tickled pink that I’m second, when we play this game with our family, my brother always goes second and says the same thing every time…

But I will spare you the oddness of it. Here it goes. 🙂

Heart pounding, adrenaline swirling through his body, he tried to regain his courage. Even though moving was precarious, it had to be done: the craggy face of this cliff was no place to stop, that would surely mean death in the end. Yet wasn’t this very nearly choosing death in the first place? To climb down this precipice above the grey-black mists that hovered over the valley floor was insanity. He drew a shaky breath and reached for the next handhold down. The slip was not nearly as graceful as he had hoped his descent would begin, but there was no undoing it now. He had to make it to the bottom and out of sight by the time the sun rose in the morning. If he was caught trying to leave, that would surely be worse than death.

With only the moon’s blue light to guide his way, he hovered over deep shadows and clung to the treacherous cold stone beneath the glittering of the night sky.

Alrighty, @thewirelessblade ’tis your turn to wield the wireless blade (I have no idea what that is or what it means, but go ahead).

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
      @thewirelessblade

Sorry I’m taking, I lost my grandma today. I’m fine, but please be praying for my family. Actually, could I skip? I’m not feeling like writing right now.

Thanks for understanding.

*Forum Signature here*

Michaela
      @mgtask

@thewirelessblade I am so sorry for your loss. No problem – I understand.

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

Oh my, @thewirelessblade I am so sorry, I’ll be praying for y’all.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Lin
          @lin

@thewirelessblade I’m sorry for your loss. Will be praying for your family.

It wasn’t far anymore. Just two steps, maybe a little jump after that. The cold wind blew into his sweaty face as he carefully looked over his shoulder into the valley. This was nothing he had not done before, right? The ground was just a little farther below. Every beat of his pounding heart acted like a clock, reminding him that he was running out of time. Who was he kidding? That wouldn’t be a small jump. The blanket of mist made sure he could not even see where he would land. There wasn’t a training that could’ve prepaired him for his. Maybe they would hestitate to follow him. Maybe they wouldn’t chase him if he jumped right now.

A nervous laugh escaped through his dry lips. ‘If your going to do something that makes you want to cry, just laugh. It’s like crying on the wrong side of your face,’ his brother used to say, ‘and than do it.’

It’s been a long time since I’ve written in English so I’m sorry if there are mistakes! @i-david Your turn!

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

I, David
          @i-david

Thanks, @lin! You’ve given me some interesting stuff to work with.

Also, praying for you, @thewirelessblade.

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
          @thewirelessblade

Is it okay if I jump in randomly for my turn? I’m leaving for the funeral on Thursday, Lord willing. If not, that’s just fine with me.

*Forum Signature here*

Michaela
          @mgtask

I, David
            @i-david

Go ahead, @thewirelessblade. I’ll just go after you.

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
            @thewirelessblade

@mgtask @i-david

Thanks y’all. Here we go.

The climb down wasn’t as long as he thought it was: It just seemed that way. Finally, he hit the sweet, sweet floor of the cave. He made it. At least, he hoped he did. Just then, a gunshot rang out, reminding him that he wasn’t free just yet. David (Let’s just name him, already. ) ran like blazes, running on adrenaline and the fact that people were shooting at him. Why were these people chasing him in the first place? What was special about him? He’d done nothing wrong… Hopefully. What was the reason?

David suddenly stopped short. He dropped to the ground, unable to stop himself. He found himself breathing heaver than before. What was happening to him? He wasn’t sure, but he felt like the deep green light seeming to come from nearby was the answer…

@i-david Okay, man. Your turn

*Forum Signature here*

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
            @thewirelessblade

By the way, if you even want to do this:

THIS IS A SENTENCE! LOLZ!

Click the quotation mark next to the Italic.

*Forum Signature here*

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
            @thewirelessblade

@i-david

Just a reminder that it’s your turn. You might be busy, though. I won’t know.

*Forum Signature here*

I, David
            @i-david

Thanks, @thewirelessblade! And a fair name for the character, too.

I, David
            @i-david

He glanced back to see shadows growing on the wall behind him. Whoever these people were, they were getting far too close for comfort. He looked back at the green light that was dancing before his eyes.

“Come on!” a voice hissed from inside of the light. A hand materialized out of it, held out toward David. He hesitated for just a moment, but a shout from behind him convinced him to reach out and grab hold. Then there was nothing left for him to do but hope as he was pulled into the blinding brightness.

(I know it’s technically two paragraphs, but I just had to keep myself grammatically correct by starting a new one with the dialogue. Sorry.

@introverted-elf Take it away!)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest