Story-Go-Round

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Story-Go-Round

This topic contains 152 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  JennytheFaun 6 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 153 total)
  • Author

Michaela
    @mgtask

@i-david I’m up for it.

Here’s the list of participants and their order. I assigned each person a number, then used a dice generator to come up with the order.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GxAo7O0bF7BiuvBpUDChX7KFHaRPTG-j9qcNMbht6AA/edit

I, David
      @i-david

@mgtask The link doesn’t work. It has to be public access.

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Bama Rose
      @bama-rose

@mgtask

I love this idea! I’m in, as long as its not a huge time commitment. 😝

How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great. -Bill Bennot

Michaela
      @mgtask

@bama-rose It’s not a big commitment – just a paragraph’s-worth (unless you want to write more) when it’s your turn, which won’t cycle through very often, since we have 9 other participants. Should I add you to the list of participants?

Bama Rose
        @bama-rose

@mgtask

Yes please! Sounds like tons of fun!!

How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great. -Bill Bennot

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@mgtask I was denied access too…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Michaela
          @mgtask

@i-david

I think it would be easier if I just put the list here in the forum:

Story-Go-Round (SE forum) Participant Order
            1. E. Grace
            2. Erica Wordsmith
            3. Thomas
            4. Lin
            5. I, David
            6. Introverted Elf
            7. Bama Rose
            8. Rae Marie
            9. Michaela
            10. S.F. Dekreel

(we will probably end up cycling through this list, depending on how long the story gets)

I, David
            @i-david

I think it would be easier if I just put the list here in the forum: Story-Go-Round (SE forum) Participant Order 1. E. Grace 2. Erica Wordsmith 3. Thomas 4. Lin 5. I, David 6. Introverted Elf 7. Bama Rose 8. Rae Marie 9. Michaela 10. S.F. Dekreel (we will probably end up cycling through this list, depending on how long the story gets)

Alright! @emgc , you’re first. No rush, though; you have until 11:59 of this Sat. to post a part. 🙂

Also… Are we trying to make an actual story? A funny story? A haphazard and potentially contradictory story that makes no sense and is just for fun?

Because I’ve done stuff like this before, but it tried to be everything stated above plus more, and it just didn’t really work. So just a general direction of style would be helpful, personally.

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
            @thewirelessblade

Sweet, I’m third!

*Forum Signature here*

Bama Rose
            @bama-rose

@i-david

Hmm, I kinda feel like it would be better to just do a silly story that hardly makes any sense. If we don’t talk about where we want it to go then there will probably be lots of fun, crazy plot twists… I don’t know, just a thought.

I, David
            @i-david

A normal story can be weird and crazy. I’m talking about a disjointed story that ignores all rules. It’s not necessarily a bad type of story, it just can be confusing, and if anyone is trying to take the story seriously, than the often contradictory and random parts will throw them and their parts off.

I’m trying to make sure we’re all on the same page so that we can all have fun with however we choose to do this.

Bama Rose
            @bama-rose

@i-david

Ahh, yes. I see what you mean. Sorry about that.

In that case I think it would probably be better to try a normal story. But I honestly don’t mind about what direction we take. It’ll be fun with whatever we do!

@mgtask

What were you thinking about this?

Michaela
            @mgtask

@i-david and @bama-rose

I’m thinking that a more serious story would be best for our growth as writers.

Michaela
              @mgtask

Let’s just see where it goes! Have fun!

Bama Rose
                @bama-rose

@mgtask

Awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest