Story-Go-Round

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Story-Go-Round

This topic contains 173 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  EricaWordsmith 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 174 total)
  • Author

E. Grace
    @emgc

@ericawordsmith

I’d still like to join in.  🙂  Yeah… I think writing shorter parts would make things easier for me as I don’t have a lot of time, but I’d still really like to contribute. 🙂

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@ericawordsmith
    *pokes head in sheepishly* Well, if no one is opposed (and since I kind of tried to stir things up before), I think I could commit to writing four sentences within a week, soo…I’ll be in!!

To the glory of God and for the advancement of His kingdom.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

So I’ve been stalking following this from the start, and if you need more people I’d be happy to join in!

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@emgc Awesome!! I was hoping you’d still be in. 🙂

@e-b-raulands Absolutely!! Welcome to the story! *Bows*

@kari-karast You were one of the first people to ask about joining. 😉

And anybody else who’s been stalking can join too if they’d like!!

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

I, David
      @i-david

#StillInPermenantlyKeepingAnEyeOnThis

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

*Looks at @i-david very hard*

So this means you are not writing any more for this? Forever? And will only watch like a wavering shadow to see whatever end may befall this story?

I, David
        @i-david

I definitely will “watch like a wavering shadow to see whatever end may befall this story”, but that doesn’t mean I won’t write.

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@i-david

Well… I guess that means you’re #stillin if a little iffy. XD

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
          @thewirelessblade

Just tell me when its my turn.

*Forum Signature here*

Introverted Elf
          @introverted-elf

@everyone

#StillIn…IThink

Ohhh, SORRY! I’ve obviously not been on in like, MONTHS…probably.  I’ve had a LOOONNG untold break from Story Embers.  Just kinda caught up in school and stuff but I should be able to join back up again if this is still going on.

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

I, David
            @i-david

Maybe a restart would work… and a better story direction… XD

EricaWordsmith
            @ericawordsmith

@i-david

Here’s a thought… I feel bad that I started this than never got around to scheduling things… What if we take all the parts that were previously written, put it into a new thread for everybody to catch up with and go from there? I think going back through all the head counts and #stillin stuff takes a while…

@introverted-elf WELCOME BACK!!! *Gives you a hug*

I, David
              @i-david

@ericawordsmith Even then, the story quickly became convoluted and hard to follow. I think having direction would help us write better and more consistently, as well as assist with keeping us from constantly jumping genres and themes–which is what tangled up the original story.

So yeah. I just thinking starting from scratch would help us do this better.

EricaWordsmith
              @ericawordsmith

@i-david

*Cocks gun, squeezes eyes shut tightly and points it at the story*

Well… I had thought of the idea in which we could come up with a plot, word goal, and then everybody who is #stillin (and if necessary have a new author call) and everybody is responsible for a certain amount of words.

I will disappear for two weeks around Monday-Tuesday… My hobbit hole called road trip is calling me into its depths. After that, I am more than willing to give this a hearty attempt.

So… Do I pull the trigger? Are people #stillin terested? (I’m hoping that people are subscribed to this thread, because if not I will do a role call later to get permission, but it would be nice if I didn’t have to…).

If we decide to kill our poor story, then let’s get the new thread up quickly and figure out who is going to take part. 🙂

Or if this is a bad idea, somebody give some new thoughts, I’m open to whatever y’all want to do. 🙂

Bama Rose
                @bama-rose

@ericawordsmith @i-david

I’m good with starting a new one.

How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great. -Bill Bennot

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest