Still Stuck.

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Still Stuck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

I’ve been stuck for too long.

I still don’t know why I’m stuck. Fear. Doubt. Laziness. A different calling. I can’t track it down.

I’ve been looking for the answer for ages now. I’ve asked tons of questions, watched videos, prayed. Even now, I’ve tried to write, but it felt wrong. I don’t know why.

I’m in a stupid rut, and I don’t know how to get out. I don’t even know if I should write or not.

Should I just can my feelings and write, or do I have a deeper problem? I can’t tell.

*Forum Signature here*

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

I was reading a “business success” book awhile back where they recommended looking in the mirror and honestly asking yourself every day, “what is it that I am avoiding?”  And then, of course, force youself to do just that, plus offer yourself a huge personal reward for muscling through it.

It may seem unrelated, and it may not be the case for you, but I find I lose quite a bit of gusto when there’s “that thing” coming up that either scares me, or I just don’t want to do.

Hey, maybe a place to start, anyway. 🙂

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

I don’t fell like that’s the problem.

It’s a feeling. A sort of “You shouldn’t do this” Kinda feeling. And I can’t tell if the feeling is from God or not.

*Forum Signature here*

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@thewirelessblade Hey! To start off, anything I say is going to come from personal experience, and not everything I say will apply to your situation. So yeah, pick and choose what you take from this, but here goes nothing.

I’ve hit spots like that, too. I’ve felt guilty when I sit down at the keyboard, like I’m not supposed to write. Like it’s not only wrong for me to write whatever it is specifically that I’m writing, but like I probably shouldn’t be writing at all. But you know, what I’ve realized is, I don’t think that could be God talking. I mean, God gave me a love for writing. Why would He give me something to use for His glory and then tell me not to use it? If He made me physically unable to do it in order to guide me in a different direction, that would be one thing, but just a feeling that I shouldn’t write at all? Maybe I’m wrong, but that sounds more like something Satan would say.

Now, if your conscience is steering you away from a certain topic, that requires a little more thought. But it doesn’t sound like that’s what’s going on.

Can I just say, I think it’s great that you’re asking for advice with this. I’ve dealt with this kind of thing in some big areas in my life, and I probably could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I’d asked for help sooner instead of keeping it all in. So kudos to you. Figuring out what God’s will is has been one of the most confusing parts of my life so far. We might as well all be here figuring it out together, right?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest