*stands up to say hello properly* *spills coffee* *drops pen* *notes go flying*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *stands up to say hello properly* *spills coffee* *drops pen* *notes go flying*

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@elizabeth It is exhausting! 😛 But also useful… I started off as a 96% introvert tutoring people in English and Spanish, and it got a whole lot more comfortable once I shifted to being an ambivert. I don’t know how that works, but…it’s a lot easier to teach when I’m in extrovert mode. 😀

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Elizabeth
      @elizabeth

@scribbles Must be nice!

I think that makes sense, though, especially if you’re a natural at shifting back and forth.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Rachel Rogers
      @scribbles

@sam-kowal Yup. Looks like writing is an inescapable part of life for me. 😀 Eight or nine months is impressive, too! It means you started. 😉

My first published piece was a nonfiction article on gardening with heirloom seeds that I wrote for Practical Homeschooling Magazine in 2012. Then last year I had a short short story accepted to the literary journal on my college campus. They accepted my work again this year, but I don’t know what they picked because I submitted multiple pieces for consideration. It’s either poetry or creative nonfiction. 😛

And I LOVE the scent of pine needles. We lived in a pine forest when I was a little girl, so it’s a nostalgic smell.

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

I’m looking forward to reading some of your poetry, Scribbles!

Some of my favorite smells: a baby’s skin, the smell of the air on those perfect days in spring and fall, my mom and my dad’s smell, when I walk in our house and my mom’s been cooking something wonderful, fresh apples, coffee, chocolate cake, after a warm spring rain, clothes right out of the dryer, caramelized onions, doughnuts, real Christmas trees, and my grandparent’s house.

I did not realize I had that many favorite smells. 😀

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Rachel Rogers
        @scribbles

@emma-starr I’ll have to pick some poetry to submit to Story Embers. 🙂 I know @briannastorm would be happy if I’d finally get around to doing that. Lol! In the meantime, here’s one of my favorites, called “Wings”:

Don’t you think that butterflies

must be so afraid

when they first break

out into the world

from their cocoons?

Aware that they’ve forever changed

but having only crumpled wings

and no idea where to go.

Even their dreams have changed

from a hunger for leaves

to a yearning for flowers.

Do they even know

if they will ever find

nectar to drink?

How do they trust,

how do they breathe,

while they wait?

Maybe all they can think about

is the moment they finally have

wings.

That is a lot of favorite smells! <3 Glad I gave you a reason to identify some of them. 🙂

Brianna Storm Hilvety
          @briannastorm

@scribbles Correction: I wouldn’t be happy, I’d be ecstatic!!!!! 😀  GRACE US WITH YOUR POETRY, I BEG YOU.

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

Mariposa Aristeo
          @mariposa

@scribbles That poem is FABULOUS (the fact that there’s butterflies in it has absolutely nothing to do with my outburst 😜🦋).

And Aberdeen says you must submit to Story Embers or else he’ll sit on you.

Rachel Rogers
          @scribbles

@mariposa I should have tagged you on account of the butterflies, but I didn’t think about it. XD Thank you for the lovely compliment. ^.^

And I feel like Edna the Piguirrel would be great friends with Aberdeen…no shenanigans and no back-talk…she’d like that. 😉 😛

Mariposa Aristeo
            @mariposa

@scribbles *Aberdeen extends hand of friendship to Edna*

Rachel Rogers
            @scribbles

@mariposa *Edna leaps the rest of the way to accept Aberdeen’s offer of friendship since his arms aren’t very long*

Rachel Rogers
              @scribbles

Do I need to reintroduce myself when I’ve been absent from the forums for nearly SIX WHOLE MONTHS?! 😮😬 (Except for keeping up with the SE fiction @mariposa writes, of course… 😉) It’s been a CRAAAAZY half a year, but I think I’ll be popping in frequentlyish again, so…*flings pecan leaf confetti everywhere* *hands everyone a squirrel and offers hugs*…I’m back! And…I’ve forgotten basically everyone’s tags. XD

*goes to look up people I know*

Okay, here we go… *clears throat* I’m back!!! *distributes squirrels anew* @briannastorm @mariposa @wordsmith @cindy @brandon-miller @rolena-hatfield @corkybookworm @karthmin @happyholly_c @gracelivingston

MyClipboardIsMyViolin
                @myclipboardismyviolin

*hugs squirrel* Aww, I love squirrels. Actually, I love small furry animals in general.

And for me, now 13 years of writing…not counting the cringe-worthy Bibleman rip-off I wrote in fifth grade. Weird to think that I’ve been writing that long…not something I normally think about.

Anywho, favorite smell is probably this new fabric smell. Every time I open the fabric stash I acquired from a church friend, it gives my room this sweet aroma, which I am now experiencing. The scent of newly printed books or magazines is also pleasant.

And if you are still poetically inclined…*offers hand to shake* A pleasure to meet you.

Sarah, Miss S, Sierepica_Fuzzywalker

Rachel Rogers
                @scribbles

@myclipboardismyviolin It’s lovely to meet you too!

*laughs* Same for me. I’ve been writing for 15 years unless you count that fairy tale I wrote involving rabid wolves and true love’s kiss. 😂

Ack, yes. My family had a quilt shop for several years, and that scent new fabric has is amazing. 😍 Clean fabric in general, actually. Especially cotton. I love the smell of starched cotton shirts.

Though I haven’t had a lot of time for poeting recently, I am still very poetically inclined! *shakes your hand* From your username, I can’t quite decide if you play the violin or if your literal clipboard is only a metaphorical violin, but I have a fiddle stashed under my bed that needs to come back out soon. Maybe we have an instrument in common, too? 🙂

Kayla Skywriter
                  @kayla-skywriter

Hi there @scribbles,

I wasn’t here when you introduced yourself last time. So I am going to meet you now.

I love the smell question you asked. Smell is actually my strongest sense, which is unfortunetly more of a bad thing than a good thing. My favorite smell is defininetly horses. I don’t know if normal people love the smell of horses, but every single horse crazy person I know loves the smell of horses.

I understand the shifting between introverted and extroverted. My two temperaments are opposites (to find out what I’m talking about please visit my Temperaments discussion) one strongly extroverted and one intrverted. However the extroverted nature is still not very social so I’m still an introvert at heart.

It is nice to meet you, and I love your poetry.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

MyClipboardIsMyViolin
                  @myclipboardismyviolin

From your username, I can’t quite decide if you play the violin or if your literal clipboard is only a metaphorical violin,

The latter. It’s a Lindsey Stirling joke. The violin always comes in to save the day in her videos. Given all of the people who have mentioned that they play the violin in response to my username, I’m now inclined to make a Story Embers violin playing team and mix it as a backdrop for my next poetry reading. 😛

(though you’re the first person to catch the fact that it’s a metaphor. 😀 )

Yours truly is an introvert, until I get to a classroom. Then I’m raising my hand and I have trouble containing myself. I also have no trouble with public speaking either.

But seeing friends IRL tends to leave me exhausted after a few hours, and chaotic work situations with people interrupting me drive me crazy. I’m no good at parties – unless I’m the main speaker lol. I tend to hide and eat all of the food. I think I might have been a bit more talkative and extroverted when I was younger, but I was always hiding in my room with books, so…*shrugs*

Sarah, Miss S, Sierepica_Fuzzywalker

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest