*stands up to say hello properly* *spills coffee* *drops pen* *notes go flying*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *stands up to say hello properly* *spills coffee* *drops pen* *notes go flying*

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

Hey, y’all! I’m Scribbles. Some of you might remember me as FeedingMyGoldfish from the Kingdom Pen forums and the chat when Story Embers went live. @rolena-hatfield, we were talking about squirrels in the chat. 😛 My real-life nickname is just so much shorter and easier to remember, though, hence the change.

I’ve been writing for 15 years. (Longer if you want to count the amazingly horrible fairy tale I wrote involving rabid wolves and true love’s kiss. Let’s not count that.) I’ve had nonfiction and fiction pieces published, and I’m working (at a snail’s pace) on self-publishing a volume of my poetry. I also hold an associate’s degree in liberal studies because my school didn’t have an English-specific degree plan. And my bachelor’s degree is a painfully slow work in progress. *dramatic sigh*

My favorite stories have animal characters and wild North American settings. Squirrels are my critter of choice (and my personal favorite animal ever since I was compared to them for always being busy and a little absent-minded, but still smart.) XD My stories also feature possums, frogs, June bugs (the evil masterminds), fish, snails, crawfish, dogs, cats, and even snakes.

Some of my favorite things include: homemade mochas, the Spanish language, guinea pigs (I have 4), oiled leather, fine-paper notebooks and smooth-writing pens, muffins, stacks of books, crochet, herbal remedies (I have a certification), evenings, houseplants, dancing, and twinkle lights.

What’s your favorite smell?

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Rolena Hatfield
      @rolena-hatfield

@scribbles Oh it’s FeedingMyGoldFish! Haha! Weird how I get to know people by their usernames. 😛 I suppose I’ll call you Scribbles from now on though. I’m so glad my fellow squirrel lover is here!

Ooh, favorite smell… probably that smell when you first walk outside and suck in a deep breath and realize, spring is finally here. 🙂

J. Dekreel
      @dekreel

Hello, @scribbles! I love that nickname.

I think you’d like Valentine from KP! She also likes squirrels… I wonder when/if she’ll join…

You like Spanish?? *giggles in excitement*

¿Cuánto tiempo hace que sabes el idioma? Hace… *pensando* cuatro años que yo lo sé. Me gusta hablar español, y donde vivo hay muchas oportunidades de practicarlo. Pero muchas veces tengo miedo de hablar a una persona hispana. Estoy un poca tímida. ¿Has conocido a una persona hispana? ¿Hablabas con él o ella?

(Whenever I get the opportunity to write in Spanish like this, I will do it. 😉 )

Oh, my favorite smell! Um… let’s see………… Books. Definitely the smell of books. Books of all kinds, and of all ages!! Whenever I encounter a new book, one of the first things I go is open it up and smell it. I love the crispy smell of new books, the tangy, worn smell of old books, and everything in between!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by J. Dekreel.

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
      Blog

Brianna Storm Hilvety
      @briannastorm

You sound like such a weird and brilliant person. We should be friends. 😉💜

I tell people I’ve been writing for a decade because it sounds cool, but like you, it’s closer to 15 years. I was horrible for the first five years though, so I tend to shove the creations (if they could be called that 😛) from that phase under the rug. *Shudders*

My favorite smell? I’m not sure. I was nodding and smiling as I read your post, but I wasn’t expecting you to close with that question. 😆 You may have just upped your random score. 😋

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.com

Lady Iliara
      @lady-iliara

*gasp* Hello Scribbles! I LOVE squirrels! Have you ever read the Mistmantle series? They’re the main characters. Just sayin.

My favorite smell? Hmm.

Wood smoke, coffee, rubbing alcohol, vinegar (yes I know I’m weird 😆), snow, pizza cooking, old books. Yeah, I know that was a list, not one thing. Sorry. 😀

ENFJ, Aethasian, and chocolate-Pringle-nerd-blob of epic. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Rachel Rogers
        @scribbles

@rolena-hatfield *dramatic voice* YES! IT IS I, THE GOLDFISH WOMAN. Lol! I do the same thing with usernames, haha! I love the way the air smells when spring first arrives, too. *sighs happily*

@dekreel AYYY! Encantada! Me aparece que tengo amiga nueva. 🙂  He hablado el español un poquito por toda mi vida, pero hace tres años que lo he hablado bien. ¡Tu español es muy bueno! Para mí también fue difícil aprender como hablar con hispanohablantes nativos. Empezó a hablar con las mujeres que trabajaban en mi universidad, y rápidamente aprende que es menos difícil que yo pensaba. Ahora, he hablado con personas de México, Perú, y otros países y tengo amigos para quienes el español es su lengua primera. You should definitely keep practicing and try to talk to native speakers, even if all you say is “hello” and then get lost. Most people are so happy that you’re trying that they’ll help as much as they can. 😛 Also…the smell of books: YES.

@briannastorm WE SHOULD TOTALLY BE FRIENDS!!!!! <3 And I’m so excited to have upped my random score by managing to surprise you. So proud. Much honor. XD

@lady-iliara *quickly jots down the name on a sticky note* Haven’t read them yet, but, judging by the current length of my reading list, I’m sure it won’t be more than 50 years before I get to them. 😛 Of course, I may tweak priorities to get anything squirrel-related to the top of the list. 😉

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Mariposa Aristeo
          @mariposa

Aloha @scribbles! 🤗 Aberdeen wants to eat all your poems and stories right now (only with your permission of course).

My favorite smell is probably the smell of palm trees. 🌴

Elizabeth
          @elizabeth

Hi there! Name’s Elizabeth. I’m an INTP who’s fascinated with the idea of being able to switch from I to E…how does that work, exactly?

Haha, I remember you from the live chat too!

I don’t know if I have a favorite smell…probably coffee. I love the smell (and taste) of coffee.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Rachel Rogers
          @scribbles

@mariposa Aw, tell Aberdeen he can eat as much of my writing as he wants. Bless his heart, that’s so sweet. *hugs* Do palm trees even have a smell?! I’ve been around them quite a bit, but I confess I’ve never thought to sniff them. Lol

@elizabeth I’ll tell you when I know, okay? (Ha! Just kidding…kind of…) Basically it means that some days I’m an extrovert and some days I’m an introvert. And which one it is depends on a lot of things, like how much I’ve been extroverting/introverting recently, how much energy I have, who I’m around, and whether or not they’re extroverted. Sometimes I mirror other people’s level of extroversion or introversion, but I tend to go more introverted in most situations unless I’m trying to look extroverted for a reason (e.g. at a presentation in college). Basically I’m a social chameleon. It’s weird, especially since it’s real and not generally just me manipulating my personality on purpose. 😛

Brianna Storm Hilvety
            @briannastorm

@scribbles It’s probably my fault that you’re introverted some days, since my level of introversion is so deep that it might be rubbing off on you. 😆

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.com

Rachel Rogers
            @scribbles

@briannastorm Hahaha! That could be… XD

Mariposa Aristeo
              @mariposa

@scribbles Well, maybe not palm trees exactly, just the whole tropical ocean-y smell. 🌴😜

Rachel Rogers
              @scribbles

@mariposa Ohhhhh! Yes, I love that smell too. 😛

Elizabeth
                @elizabeth

That’s crazy. Also incredible. It sounds exhausting… @scribbles

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Sam Kowal
                @sam-kowal

@scribbles 15 years? Impressive 😀

I’ve been going seriously for eight or nine months, that’s all.

What are some of the pieces you’ve had published?

Hmm. My favorite smell might be baking bread. Or maybe fresh pine needles. Or perhaps… just a warm breeze, full of the scent of fresh leaves and spring

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
                Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
                I would have saved you one!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest