Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    @h-jones

Anyone seen it?

If you haven’t, then I highly recommend it. It actually seems somewhat unorthodox and I didn’t pay much mind to it at first because I thought it’d be kind of… not that great, but I was wrong. It is, for one, very artistically creative, and second, it’s just a phenomenal movie in general. The characters are really deep and well thought out, and it gives you a really deep feeling that there is good worth fighting for. It’s just a great film, really, easily one of the best I have seen in a long time. WAY better than any of the recent Marvel movies (sorry, guys xD). Of course, if you disagree, I totally don’t care and I value you way more than I value my opinions on a movie. 😂😂😂

For those of you who have watched it, what do you think?? Haha it gave me a lot to think about (writer-wise and otherwise), and I was wondering what all of my fellow Emberians might think about! (: As you can tell, I onehundredpercentadoreit

ican’tevenputintowordshowmuchilovedit

khhhhh

But I’m going to try not to obsess too much. 😂

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Grace.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones Honestly I only watched it because the rest of my family wanted to go see it. xD I’ve always kinda liked spiderman, but I wasn’t expecting much from the movie. BUT I LOVED IT! It’s probably my favorite superhero movie ever!! =D

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Grace
      @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist i knoOW RIGHT DJFJSJDHFKSKDHFHFJD

I really do think it’s one of my favorites, tied with maybe the first Ironman (so good <3].

but also did yOU NOTICE

Each of the Spider-people came with a different art style. If you pay attention to the end where they’re at home in their different dimensions, Peter Parker has a sort of Claude Monet/traditional painting-vibe to his universe, while Gwen had like this weird shiny world, and then of course there was the anime girl, and the cartoon pig, and the black-and-white guy, and Miles himself kind of looked like he was in a comic book. I just thought that was so. ridiculously. cool.

It’s just

bekdjSKJDHFKjkwfrjobwfrjhowfrdwvjohdwvjgovdwojhbljdvwjhovwdhojdvwsjfh

I’m having a hard time not obsessing over that film. It was amazing. 😂😂

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones YES!! I didn’t so much notice with Gwen and Peter, but MAN SO COOl. The animation in general is just so beautiful. Did you even see hOW MANY ARTISTS THERE WERE IN THE CREDITS?? SO CRAZY!! And if the art wasn’t good enough, the story was great! The characters were all amazing. (Except spider ham.. I’m not really a fan. SORRY TO ANYONE WHO LIKED HIM) I was not expecting to like Peter B. Parker so much. And speaking of Peter Parker (SPOILERS!! If you’ve come here for some reason without watching the movie.. you’ve been warned..) They handled his death SO WELL!! Maybe this is weird, but his death was just SO GOOD. I can’t get over it. xD
        Have you seen it more then once? I have not, though I can tell that it’s the type of movie I would enjoy over and over again. 🙂

I, David
        @i-david

Words cannot express how much I love this movie.

Four
        INFP
        songwriter

Grace
        @h-jones

BEGIN SPOILER

@the-fledgling-artist JSHFHSISJF I KNOW SPIDER-MAN’S DEATH WAS JUST PHENOMENAL DNRJSODNBFKSSKF I agree, it was really well done, like wow. Just because how he was just so selfless in offering to help Miles out, and how he was so concerned about Miles even when he was basically dying. More than that, his character and personality really showed even in the brief moments he was on screen, so that you felt like you’d actually just started to get to know him right before he died. I thought it was so sweet, and that death probably crushed me more so than even Spider-Man’s in Infinity War. 😂

Also, at the same time, I didn’t feel like it was a pointless death, or simply put there just to jerk tears from the audience… I feel like it had a huge overarching meaning throughout the rest of the movie, like it was a real defining point in the plot as opposed to just callously throwing away the life of a character (*coughinfinitywarcough*). It was refreshing, really. I feel like the creators put a healthy emphasis on the devastation of death, but also on the redemptive qualities it can yield… like, death and destruction happens for a reason. It’s so full of hope. ❤️ Death is not a good thing in and of itself, but from the ashes, beauty can still grow: like Miles rising up in Spider-Man’s place, and the friendships that were built, and the story that unfolded, and augh ❤️❤️ I think that’s one reason why I love Spider-Man so much in general, because his story seems to have the overarching theme that no death is ever wasted. (Uncle Ben, for example.)

I probably look into these things way too much haha 😂😂 But how people handle death in movies and stories has always been something I pay attention to kinda. Sorta. Idk. But still I loved it and they really helped you remember the original Spider-Man and his legacy all throughout the movie, and it’s was beautiful and heartbreaking and hopeful and I loved it.

END SPOILER

BUT ANYWAY I have seen it twice! And yes, it’s one you can certainly enjoy more than once. 😀

Oi, I wasn’t a huge fan of Spider Ham either. 😂😂 I did love the one scene that was in the trailer though, where they were all trying to hide from Miles’ roommate and Spider Ham was like, “Do animals talk in this universe? ‘Cause I don’t want to freak him out…” Dead. 😂😂

The humor alone in that movie was on point too, at least in my opinion. There are so many funny scenes that I’m having a hard time picking a favorite.

ANYWAY SORRY FOR THE FLOOD OF WORDS. Feel free to just like skip everything I just said haha 😂😂

@i-david Right??? It was just phenomenal!! What was it that you liked best about it?

The Fledgling Artist
          @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones I totally agree! Most character deaths are pretty forgettable for me (unless I just really loved the character) but Peter’s death was probably one of my favorite parts of the movie. And despite all it’s goofy moments, it never broke my suspension of disbelief, just ’cause all the characters (I can’t believe I’m saying this, but even Spider Ham) had such good reactions to everything. I hate when a character randomly stops being sad, or afraid, or angry too soon. Handled incorrectly, character reactions can be one of the most jarring movie (or book) experiences ever.

Grace
          @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist Exactly. 😉 I feel like they did a great job in making you feel for him, even though we hadn’t really grown to know him as a character. Brilliant, I say!!

And yes!!! Ah, all the characters really reacted realistically. It was just. Uhsdhfshdf it was so good <3

What was your favorite part (aside from Spider-Man’s death xDD)?

The Fledgling Artist
            @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones Bwhaha. Well if I have to choose something else.. I think two standout moments for me (actually now that I’m thinking about it, everything was so good..) were when Spider Gwen showed up in the forest, and then when everyone was comforting Miles after he lost his uncle. 🙂 (I’m so weird, but I just love when characters are all sweet and emotional x’D)  What about you?? Wait, have I already asked you that?..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest