So…I’m Looking For An Artist For My Book

Forums Art Art Discussions So…I’m Looking For An Artist For My Book

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

Hello fellow writers…and artists (I’m not an artist tho xD)

So…I have a kids’ book that I’ve written – it’s about a boy during World War I and II who enlists underage, and journeys through his experiences in the two wars. The main theme that is woven throughout the story is about a poppy seed that he is given as a boy – he saves the seeds from the flowers and plants them on every blood-stained battlefield he fights on, as a reminder to his fallen comrades. So it kinda gives a fictional explanation of what poppies symbolise nowadays in regard to World War 1 and 2.

Seeing as this is the forum for artists, I thought I’d ask around and see if any of you talented people 😉 would like to illustrate my story? I’m looking for illustrations that tell the story before you read the words. Obviously, if one of you did end up doing so, I would pay you some way, whether through royalties or as an outright payment 🙂

I’ve included a couple of pictures from a kids’ book that I borrowed from our library to show the style I’m looking for.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing ya’lls thoughts xD

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Abigail Rebekah
      @abigail-rebekah

DeepRun
        @deeprun

@abigail-rebekah

Those are lovely examples.  So pen and ink with watercolor and a fairly simple color scheme? With a predominant color?

How many illustrations too?  And have you completed the text?

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
        You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

Abigail Rebekah
        @abigail-rebekah

@deeprun

Thanks 🙂 Yes, it would be a simple colour scheme, with earthy colours being predominant, and red for the poppy and green for the leaves as the standout colour. And yes, it would be pen and ink, with watercolour.

I have finished the text minus a small adjustment I need to make.

So, I’d be looking at around at least thirty illustrations, ranging from double-sided to half-page ones, and including single-page illustrations too.

Here’s the link to my story also if you want to have a look at it to get a feel for it 🙂 You’ll have to request access when you open it btw.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IKH2XEx16mvUQ4z_I8W4tm-eSsyKEmBxTAKe_Uy02dU/edit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest