So I'm back *finger-guns*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself So I'm back *finger-guns*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    @h-jones

Has it been long enough for me to make another one of these????? Yes? No? Idk tbh xD I think I haven’t been actively on Story Embers for the past… 7 months I don’t think, and I’ve really been missing this lovely website of precious Christian writers and the friends I’ve made on here, so I wanted to make my revival official. ;3;

Plus, there are a lot of new people here who I don’t know, so I thought this’d be a good way to get to meet some new faces. ๐Ÿ˜€ For those of you who don’t know me (or don’t remember xD), hallo! I be Grace! I like psychology, art, and a plethora of other things. If you like talking MBTI, I am an INFJ. (Speaking of though, do any of y’all know about the cognitive functions?? That’s actually how I figured out I’m an INFJ as opposed to an ISFP/INFP which is what I’ve been thinking was my type. xD)

Anyway, I’m excited to be back! Especially excited, also, to announce that I will be self-publishing a poem book soon. (Actually it was supposed to be published yesterday but :’D life has been absolutely hectic so, it’s just gonna have to wait. *finger-guns*) I’ve also really missed reading and writing with the poetry squad down here. Really looking forward to getting into that again! <3

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Donโ€™t tell anyone.

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@h-jones Know I just said something to you on the other forum, but hey, this is different XD

*grins* MBTI is a lovely thing. I seriously need to look into cognitive functions. As far as I know I’m an INFP. The first two times I took the test (taking ages instead of the normal twelve minutes because perfectionism) I got INFJ too, but my sister (who is into cognitive functions, btw) was sure I was INFP. . . so I eventually took it a third time and ended up with that ๐Ÿ˜‰ . One of said sister’s friends is an INFJ and she’s great!

Ooh, what’s the name of your book? I may want to look into that! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Grace
        @h-jones

@naiya-dyani :O it does indeed seem that you have, in fact, teleported from that thread to this thread ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
          no but yes hi!!! XDD and I’m really glad we get to be formally introduced!! ๐Ÿ˜€ It is absolutely lovely to meet your acquaintance *bows*

also yesssss the tests can be SO confusing xD I have taken the 16personalities.com test so many times, and I’ve gotten anywhere from ENTJ/ENTP/ENFP/INFP/INFJ/INTJ/INTP as my type and even ESFP and ISFP thrown in there xD I didn’t actually understand MBTI very well until I learned about the cognitive functions, which helped me pin down my type as INFJ hehe : ) I highly recommend looking into them

o yeah of course!! ๐Ÿ˜€ It will be called “Journey: A Book of Poems” by G. B. Carter, and should be found on Amazon once I publish it ๐Ÿ˜€

btw I love your signature, aaaaaaaa science ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@h-jones YOURE BACK

*jumps up and down and screams*

*tackles you*

welcomewelcomewelcome

๐Ÿ˜

Howโ€™s life? ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Ahhh Iโ€™m so glad youโ€™re back. Iโ€™ve missed the ole gang.

Evelyn
          @evelyn

WAIT

YOURE PUBLISHING A BOOK

๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I want it. I will buy it. Where is it.

Mine precioussss ๐Ÿ˜œ

Elisha Starquill
          @elisha-starquill

@h-jones – Hi Grace! Elisha Starquill, at your service. *bows* I’m an INFJ too! I’ve coincidentally gotten the same results for every time I’ve taken the personality test, so I’m quite sure that’s what I am. ๐Ÿ˜› You’re publishing a poetry book soon?!!! Congratulations! Do let me know when it happens, so I can buy it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ What type of art do you like most?

INFJ โžณ Trinstamentalist โžณ Thalassophile โžณ Chocolate Hater โžณ Daughter of God

Grace
          @h-jones

@evelyn EVELYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : D : D : D : D
            AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA – *is tackled*
            Haha thank you thank you! xD I’ve missed y’all too, I really have. And life has been really great, thank you for asking! : D Oof, it’s been totally crazy though. So much has gone done my friend, which partially explains my absence xD One of those things was working on my book tho! And yes! I am publishing a book! XDD It’s called “Journey” and it’ll be on Amazon once I actually get around to publishing it, haha
            How have you been??

@elisha-starquill Ah, greetings Madame Starquill! ‘Tis an honor to meet your acquaintance *likewise bows* Aaaa and a fellow INFJ! That’s great! : D *high-fives* And thank you! Ye, I’m very excited about my book. It’s so strange thinking that I’m going to soon be a published author. : o
            As for art, I love watercolor illustrations <3 Traditional is easily my favorite kind, and usually of scenery. Aaaa, it’s just so pretty <3 What about you? Are you an art person?

Evelyn
            @evelyn

@h-jones Awesome! Let me know when you do. I can’t wait. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Hm. What’s been up. Lots of things, but the biggest thing right now is how I’m doing NaNoWriMo and am about 5,000 words behind. XD

Life and all, I’m sure you understand. ๐Ÿ˜›

I’ll catch up though. I always do.

*laughs nervously*

How has your art been going? I know you started really working on it in earnest a little before all the artists disappeared from the face of the earth. ๐Ÿ˜† (Still sorry about that. ๐Ÿ˜› )

Naiya Dyani
            @naiya-dyani

@h-jones Thanks! This is what comes of being a homeschooled writer XD

*adds searching for book on Amazon to mental to-do list*

@evelyn ‘pologies for butting in, but I can say this about her art–it’s AMAZING! She just did one of my favorite characters for me on the character art thread and I’ve been gushing over it ever since ๐Ÿ˜€

Okay, I’ll step back out now ๐Ÿ˜›

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Grace
              @h-jones

@evelyn Ooooo NaNoWriMo? That’s so exciting! Do you do it every year? And also, do you mind if I ask what your book is going to be about? (Also yes, believe me when I say I understand that life can get in the way of these sorts of things. xD You’re gonna do great tho aaa!)

And my art’s been doing good! ๐Ÿ™‚ I actually have an art instagram now, so that’s exciting. I used to be more into digital but I’ve recently just absolutely fallen in love with traditional (mostly watercolor : D *cries tears of happiness because it’s just too beautiful*)

@naiya-dyani Dude I’m homeschooled too! : o But lucky me, I’ll be graduating this year. B) I’m very excited.
                also fjasfhAskjasHGHh thank you so much for your kind words :’D

Naiya Dyani
                @naiya-dyani

@h-jones Yay for you!

Also, your artistry fame has now spread across the seas. Meaning, I told my cousins over in England about it and send them the pic XP

They loved it ๐Ÿ™‚

Grace
                  @h-jones

@naiya-dyani O dude really?? Sweet! : D Tell them I said thank you very much!

Elisha Starquill
                    @elisha-starquill

@h-jones – Ooh, yes, watercolor is so beautiful! They’re lots of fun, even though I can’t seem to figure it out and create something other than splashes. ๐Ÿ˜› If you’re okay with it, could you show me some of your artwork? I love looking at other people’s art. ๐Ÿ™‚ I do enjoy crafts and making art, but I don’t really have much time to get as good as I would like to. Recently I’ve had the chance to watch some tutorials on YouTube for pencil drawing though, which has been a lot of fun, and my drawings are surprisingly better than I thought they would be. ๐Ÿ˜› Any channels you would recommend?

INFJ โžณ Trinstamentalist โžณ Thalassophile โžณ Chocolate Hater โžณ Daughter of God

Evelyn
                    @evelyn

@h-jones Second year. ๐Ÿ˜€

It’s about (and this makes it sound way cooler than it actually is ๐Ÿ˜› ) a person born without wings in a towering tree house community above the deadly forest of fog monsters and wizards, a deaf boy, a cursed pirate, and a bard who can’t find the words to write.

*looks at that again*

Okay actually that sounds nothing like what it’s turning out to be at all. ๐Ÿ˜†

It’s a really good exercise though and I’ll probably shelve the draft and then start completely over and know where to go and what mood and style to set. It will be fun to play around with. (:

Aaah watercolor is gorgeous. I’ve always loved that look. You have an art Instagram?? *sighs* once again I wish I had Instagram so I could stalk friend’s stuff.ย Do you have a link so I could stalk what you have so far? (And maybe continue stalking…) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Grace
                    @h-jones

@evelyn @elisha-starquill

Since you both asked to see some of my art, here be the link to my instagram. : ) There’s not much on it right now though.
                      https://www.instagram.com/gracedesmol/

Elisha – Yeeessssss watercolor is SO fun! I’m honestly terrible at it too, so no worries. xD My aunt actually gave me the really grand idea to actually make watercolor cards to send to people for the holidays, so I’m really excited to see if I’m gonna have time to do that! (But yeah, life is hectic. So probably not. xD) As for pencil drawings, THAT IS SO COOL! Actually, one of my favorite authors (Andrew Peterson) has been posting a lot of pencil drawings to his instagram lately, and I’ve been totally envious, bwaha. xD What’s the channel you’ve been looking at? As for YouTube channels I recommend, I would say to totally check out The Mind of Watercolor and Art a la Carte! They’re both fabulous. : )

Evelyn – Dude, well that premise sounds totally epic. :O A person born without wings, you say? So is it a norm for people to be born with wings in your story? Honestly, I’m totally hooked. I wanna read it. xD If you ever want beta readers or anything, please let me know because that story sounds legitimately like it’d be right up my alley!
                      Man. Hearing about all these people doing NaNoWriMo is really making me want to do it, but sadly I just don’t have the time. Plus, the month is already half over. xD Oh, well. There’s always next year. B)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest