So I guess I’ll just introduce myself. Hi, I’m John.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself So I guess I’ll just introduce myself. Hi, I’m John.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Jzhurricane
    @jzhurricane

@ashira

Yes, @noahlitle told me about StoryEmbers. I’ve been looking for a Christian writing forum for a while.

Each era of Historical Fiction has its own unique charm, but I am partial to the timeframe around 1000AD. It presented so many possibilities while giving a foundation for so many amazing twists and turns perfect for writing about.

Don’t let me leave Murph!

Jzhurricane
      @jzhurricane

@evelyn

Yes, I applied for a guild and should be in one within a month I guess.

As far as which author inspires me the most, I draw inspiration from a pocketful of authors. I am a professional thief and forger with books I’ve read I guess. Books spark ideas that I run with and have to put down on paper. I don’t know that I can answer you about which author inspires me the most though.

ScarletImmortalized
        @scarletimmortalized

@ashira

I believe the question is: “What does a Jazz Hurricane sound like?”

@jzhurricane

Oh! Have you read Dante’s Inferno?

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Jzhurricane
        @jzhurricane

@scarletimmortalized

I was given a beautiful copy by a friend and I am currently reading it. I love it so far!

I actually really like Jazz Hurricane. I’ll have to adopt the name. Thanks

It would sound interesting that’s for sure.

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

@jzhurricane

-pokes head in random person’s thread for introducing themselves- Oh hi again!

-sees the words “Sherlock Holmes”- OOH. Have you read them all? I love Holmes. The stories are great! And then you just gotta wonder how the author came up with/found out about all those different deducing techniques…

-nods sagely- Yep. I vote you take Jazz Hurricane. I’m just going to call you that now…

What’s your WIP about? (Or, judging from your past comments on here, your story that will be a WIP once you get enough of it down?)

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Jzhurricane
          @jzhurricane

@kari-karast

Yes I have read all of the Holmes stories many times plus a good many other books by Doyle. All of which were very intriguing. As far as his powers of deducing facts, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle actually possessed all of the traits with which he endowed Sherlock Holmes. There are many interesting stories I’ve read of him deducing facts about someone from their appearance. He was a man of many talents.

My work in progress is just that, a work in progress. I haven’t had enough time to work on it lately and am stuck at 20k. It is frustrating me to no end having it sitting idle but when the time is here I’ll keep it going. I finished a short novel a couple months back that I am trying to edit at the same time so it is going sllooowww.

The story is interesting to some but I’m sure that not everyone will find it so. A synopsis would be lengthy so I’ll spare you unless you really want to hear it in which case I’ll send it to you.

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

@jzhurricane

Really!? That’s cool! I’ve read about half of them. I was reading a giant book with all the Sherlock Holmes stories in it, but then I got sidetracked, by some other books… so I still need to go back and finish them. Heh heh.

TWENTY THOUSAND!? Wow. My longest WIP right now only has 8500. And I have never finished a story yet… so you’re way ahead of me on that account! And yes please. I would very much like to hear(read) the synopsis!

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Jzhurricane
            @jzhurricane

@kari-karast

So my main work in progress isn’t ready to be read (even though it’s well on its way.) until it gets to a point that is some ways further along. It isn’t quite far enough to pack the punch that it is to eventually have.

However, I have some scribblings that turned into the first 7k words of a new novel over the course of a day recently. I’d love if two people would be interested in reading it and give me some feedback and critiquing. Bear in mind it’s a rough draft of the first three chapters, but I think you will enjoy it.

I’d be in your debt until I could return the favor.

Short Synopsis: A man begins to have very realistic visions of three things over and over, a girl in a place he’s never seen, her death and his death. Things begin happening that make him question his own reality.

Something has set in motion a series of events that culminate in either his rise and fall. All his life seemingly prepared him for this.

I totally butchered that synopsis but it gives an idea anyway. Sorry!!!!

Veraza Winterknight
              @kari-karast

@jzhurricane

Ooh that synopsis is definitely interesting! And I’d be happy to read your rough draft thingy! (You might actually be able to return that favor sooner than you might think too. XD I might be ready for some critiquing of parts of my story(ies) soon. 😉 )

Jzhurricane
              @jzhurricane

@kari-karast

Ok, so how do I send it? What is the easiest way?

Veraza Winterknight
                @kari-karast

@jzhurricane

I’d say just post the link on SE somewhere then tag me. (Emailing would actually be the best but I don’t feel comfortable putting my email on here so… yeah.) Unless you have any other ideas since I don’t have any social media.

Ariel Ashira
                @ashira

@jzhurricane Ooh, that is a cool era!  What place in the world during 1000 AD?

@scarletimmortalized 😀 *covers ears* Yikes!

"In a mask, was he?"

Jzhurricane
                @jzhurricane

@ashira

Europe and Asia, mostly where history took place at the time.

Jzhurricane
                  @jzhurricane

@ashira

Europe and Asia, mostly where history took place at the time.

More specifically England(Which wasn’t much at that time.) France, Damascus, Jerusalem etc…

Ariel Ashira
                    @ashira

@jzhurricane That sounds awesome!  Super cool!

"In a mask, was he?"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest