fb

So I guess I’ll just introduce myself. Hi, I’m John.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself So I guess I’ll just introduce myself. Hi, I’m John.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Jzhurricane
    @jzhurricane

I was told about StoryEmbers by a friend and had to check it out. Already loving it!

Im brand new here complete with new car smell. Anyway, I am a hobby writer, but only because I don’t have time to be a full-time writer.

I write the kind of fiction I would like to read and I want to make Christian fiction what it once was. There should be enough good fiction to always stay busy reading. Because one of the only things I love more than writing…is reading. Coffee helps too…

I have no idea what else to say.(but I could keep talking forever so I’ll just stop.)

Don’t let me leave Murph!

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@jzhurricane

Nice to meet you! Welcome to Story Embers! What genres of Christian Fiction do you write?

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Jzhurricane
    @jzhurricane

Thanks,

Nice to meet you too.

To be perfectly honest I couldn’t use the term write, I “try” to write Romance, Drama, Comedy, Post Apocalyptic/Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Historical Fiction.

Lin
    @lin

Hi there! I’m new too (: What are your favorite books?

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@lin Hi! Nice to meet you too!

@jzhurricane
    I know jz may be initials but now when I see your name I think “Jazz hurricane” haha! Really tickles me. Ah so you have dabbled in quite a few genres. There’s a historical fiction thread in the forum, you should come join us sometime!

Jzhurricane
    @jzhurricane

That is like asking my favorite breath I’ve taken. There are too many to count, but a few favorites are: The Maze Runner Trilogy(Of Course), Michael Strogoff-Jules Verne, Lord of the Rings(I am trying to name more familiar ones.) Sherlock Holmes, newer favorites are a little more tricky, they are equally loved and hated by people. Bridge to Terabithia has been a favorite since I was little, The Game Is Life series by Terry Schott.

If you are into old fiction and you loved Interstellar by Christopher Nolan then you’ll also love Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter, Lady of the Lake by Sir Walter Scott, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.

Ok, there are literally thousands but those are a couple of them.

Jzhurricane
    @jzhurricane

@scarletimmortalized

Thanks!

My historical fiction side is mostly still just concepts being created in my head but they are beginning to find their ways into paper(or digital notepad.) and I am excited about them.

Noah Litle
    @noahlitle

@jzhurricane

Hey! You found us!

Welcome to Story Embers.

p.s. I only know a little.

Jzhurricane
    @jzhurricane

Thanks,

It took while to figure it out but I kind of got it…I think..

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@jzhurricane

Nice!

OH I see you have read the brick! Have you read any other books by Victor Hugo? Do you read Dickens?

Jzhurricane
    @jzhurricane

I actually just recently bought a set of first edition Victor Hugo books. I’m really excited and just started The Hunchback of Notre Dame. As far as Charles Dickens, I’ve read most of them and I have the rest but I’m not a huge fan. They’re ok, just not amazing.

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

First edition OoO wow! I love to drool stare over the first editions at my book store. Ooh that’s one I haven’t read yet. Let me know how you like it! Oh I’m a big fan of Tale of Two Cities, so I was wondering since you mentioned some older authors. Have you read any of Howard Pyle’s works?

Jzhurricane
    @jzhurricane

I’ve read The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood, and some of his King Arthur stuff. I’ve heard a lot about Otto of the Silver Hand but I have not read it yet.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@jzhurricane Hi!  Did Noah Litle tell you about us?

Ooh, what is your favorite era of his-fic?  His-fic is my main genre.  How old are you?  I’m sixteen.

@scarletimmortalized
    My first though was Jazz Hurricane too! 😀 Then I tried to imagine what a jazz hurricane would look like…

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@jzhurricane

Im brand new here complete with new car smell.

Nice. xD

Hi and welcome! I’m Evelyn and I’ve been here for a while now, I guess. *thinks about it* Well, now I feel old. 😉

Are you planning to join a guild?

I love Les Mis. What author inspires you the most to write?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.