*Smiles shyly* Hi, want to be friends?

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *Smiles shyly* Hi, want to be friends?

This topic contains 37 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Livi Ryddle 1 day, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@urwen-starial

Yeah, I haven’t read them in a while either. Also thanks, I know it’s already been said but I love your username.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

Thanks, @kayla-skywriter, I’ve met like, one other person who’s read those books, have you seen any of the movies?

Mind if I ask a few questions? What do you guys write about? @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @josiah @evelyn @caseybold @clevercraftsman @naiya-dyani @banana-peacock-warrior.

what kind of music? any hobbies? I wanna get to know y’all better!

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
      @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@urwen-starial So cool! I mostly like to draw people.

As far as what kind of music i like. . . alot. . . Owl City’s a big favorite, but I only listen to Christian music so I only know a few of his. But I also love instrumental music. Film scores are REALLY AWESOME!!

Other hobbies. . . umm. . . well. . . I’m in 4H shooting sports and i coach kids in shooting guns and bows. I also like making walking sticks and using my dad’s forge. I guess I’m kinda a tomboy. (i hope I don’t offend anyone) i enjoy hunting and fishing and trapping as well

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@urwen-starial Hey, I’m reading the How to Train Your Dragon books right now! It cracked me up how different Toothless is. . .

I’m currently running around in the fantasy/adventure realm. How about you?

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

CleverCraftsman
        @clevercraftsman

@urwen-starial If you’re talking about the How To Train Your Dragon movies, they’re great, aren’t they? Haha, sorry for butting in on your conversation. πŸ˜›

I write… about a lot of things. I’m trying to outline my current WIP called Andromeda (about a girl named after the galaxy), but I keep getting sidetracked. xD I’m actually quite excited right now, because while I was busy not doing what I was supposed to be doing (outlining Andromeda xD), I got a spark of an idea that has now morphed into a story that is probably the most planned out of all my WIPs (it’s literally a day old, whereas my others are at least a year old… yeah I don’t know what I’m doing).

I’ll attempt to give you an unofficial sorta synopsis thingy…

Favian has looked forward to being King, and doesn’t care in the slightest if he has an arranged marriage. But when he meets a mysterious girl who no one seems to know about, and with his wedding day looming, Favian’s reluctance to wed the young arranged princess begins to show.

Doom falls on the young king in the form of war as he discovers the identity of his lover, but his enemies are in no mood to negotiate, and Favian is dismayed to find that being King is not as easy as he thought.

When prisoners of war are brought to Favian’s feet, he is faced with the most terrible decision of a lifetime; one of those captured is his lover, and the penalty for prisoners is death. Will he stay true to his kingdom and lose the only light in his life, or put his his own life and the life of his beloved brother on the line to save her?

Not all stories end happily.

Eeegh, it’s quite rough. :[] And I’ve never written anything romantic in my life. πŸ˜‚

What are your favorite genres to read?

Barney Fife
          /BAR-nee fΔ«f/
          noun
          an excellent representation of me

CleverCraftsman
          @clevercraftsman

@urwen-starial I also just realized that this line– “Will he stay true to his kingdom and lose the only light in his life, or put his his own life and the life of his beloved brother on the line to save her?”– is contradictory. xD If the only light in his life is his lover, how is his brother beloved? πŸ˜‚

Further evidence I don’t know what I’m writing, clearly.

Barney Fife
            /BAR-nee fΔ«f/
            noun
            an excellent representation of me

Caseybold
            @caseybold

THERE ARE HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON BOOKS?! How did I not know this lol?

@urwen-starial I write about young people and their adventures, historical or contemporary. I write poetry too. What are your stories about?

I’m a runner, I’m learning Korean, and I love listening to Lisa Hannigan and anything Jack White (he’s been involved in a few different bands). I love Owl City too! If My Heart Was a House is the best πŸ˜€ My husband and I danced to that at our wedding. Have you heard that one?

I'm nobody, Who are you? -Emily Dickinson 뜻이 μžˆλŠ” 곳에 길이 μžˆλ‹€.

Kayla Skywriter
              @kayla-skywriter

@urwen-starial

Yes, they’re underappreciated books. I have seen all three movies, every episode of the first two TV shows, and all the shorts. I love them all, except the last season of the Netflix original. That was pretty bad.

As for everything else. I write in the contemporary and fantasy genres. Occasionally I try poetry, but I prefer stories. I play guitar and piano and sing, but if you meant my favorite kinds of music to listen too that would be all different kinds of instrumental. I like soundtracks, instrumental covers of popular songs, and some classical. I have a very wide taste of music. As for hobbies I like to draw, leather craft, write (obviously), sometimes run, do anything horse related, and I also enjoy dog scootering. Dog scootering is when you take a big kick scooter with small bike tires and hitch one or two dogs to the front. It’s like mushing but with fewer dogs and your on a scooter instead of a sled.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Josiah DeGraaf
              @josiah

@urwen-starial Sounds like you have a fair number of solid authors in your line-up. πŸ™‚ I tend to write heroic fantasy (a middle-point between epic fantasy and low fantasy) and am currently working on finishing up my current WIP set in a world made up of airborne islands where two brothers need to learn to work together to overthrow their father as governor.

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Evelyn
              @evelyn

@urwen-starial Haha, I guess I didn’t really introduce myself, did I.

I play(ish) piano though its been years since I took lessons. I sing in a choir, read, write, I’m on a debate team, like to sew and paint… Things like that.

As for music I like, I mainly listen to folk, soundtracks, and oldies. Recently I’ve been listening to a lot of choir arrangements. πŸ™‚

What do you like to listen to?

Esmeralda Gramilton
              @esmeralda-gramilton

Hi, everyone. Hugs to you all! So, I’m still figuring this out. Does anyone have any advice?

Esmeralda Gramilton
                @esmeralda-gramilton

Vous Êtes mon amis, oui?

Bonne nuit!!

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
                  @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@esmeralda-gramilton Hi! It’s good to see so many new people coming to this writing community!!

So, advice. Well. . . first, I would advise you to read the manifesto if you haven’t already done that. You could also check out some of the writing resources that Story Embers offers.

Then you could create your own thread in ‘Introduce Yourself’ and let us get to know you better. πŸ™‚

I love the name btw.

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Urwen Starial
                  @urwen-starial

@esmeralda-gramilton, Hi! Nice to see you on here.

What kind of genres do you write in?

Esmeralda Gramilton
                    @esmeralda-gramilton

Okay, will do! Thanks.

Um, genres. . .

I find pure fiction the easiest to write in. But not fantasy, really. Fantasy to me is meant to beΒ happy, and I don’t like to write happy stuff. It is a lot easier to do close-focus third person in a mythical world where I can invent my own people, creatures, settings, and problems. I also love inventing rebel characters, because I can’t imagine being a rebel myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest