fb

Six Word Story Challenge

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Six Word Story Challenge

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Brian Stansell
    @obrian-of-the-surface-world

@michelle

Hi Michelle,

Oh my gosh, your story sounds amazing! (I need to know more XD) a teacher who is destined to be a hero. It sounds like it could be a funny and clever book. I’d love to beta read your story:)

You ought to check out Bronte’s (@bclarke) entry under the “Audio Cinema” Forum topic. It is very good and she gives such a clever and animated reading of a section from it called “Jade’s Story”.Β  Here’s the shortcut to her entry: Click Here.

She has a very vivid imagination and I am excited to see what she will do for us next…(hint, hint, Bronte. πŸ˜‰)Β  Her MC is very intriguing, so I am hoping she will do something with Miss Magenta Charles in it.Β  (Okay, I am…begging…her to do one with Miss Charles in it. Bronte has a beautiful reading voice as well that I love to hear.)

Check out the Audio Cinema there, Michelle.Β  We would love to hear a scene from your work too.Β  No need to make it fancy.Β  Just record an MP3 file, get the link and make it shareable.Β  Then put the link into the form, with your tag, the approximate length of the audio, and the text you read.
    Make sure to get permission to do this, if you need to.Β  If you want, have a friend, sibling, or parent read one of your character’s voices, while you provide the main role as narrator and/or your main character.Β  This is meant to be fun– Like friends sharing brief “campfire tales”.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@bclarke

@michelle

@olivia

Hey, if you guys are feeling brave, my friend is running another caption contest for 6-50 words. Β The link’s below, if you’re interested. Β (good luck!)

Click Here

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. β€” Ernest Hemingway

Thanks @obrian-of-the-surface-world … I’ll have to work on a scene with Magenta then πŸ˜‰

Searched for sanity. Found friends instead.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@olivia

I really like yours! They’re so good!

Thank you! It was fun to try! XD

2. β€œHere lies beloved Josh. Forever three.”

Aww, that one’s so sad! 😭

4. Reunited twins. Strong friendship. Sacrificial love.

Oooh, isn’t that one your WIP? Cool!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

@imwritehere1920

Hello! Thank you for making this post. Super cool idea, by the way!

Haha, I like those best too, though the last one is my WIP, so I like that one too.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

@michelle

No problem! It was fun.

By the way, how do you know my mom likes you? πŸ˜‰ Haha

@imwritehere1920 Sounds cool, but I think I’ll skip.

@rose-colored-fancy

I know, same! It was fun writing them.

I know, the one about Josh is really sad, but the idea isn’t mine. I got it from a book I recently read, called The Brotherhood by Jerry B Jenkins. It was really good, though sad.

Haha, you caught me! I wasn’t going to do it since I had no idea how to describe it in six words, but then I thought of doing it in three little sections lie that and it turned out okay.

Brian Stansell

@imwritehere1920

Hi Lily,

I submitted a poem on your friend Hannah’s site this time.

@bclarke

Ha, ha! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ …Bronte

Searched for sanity. Found friends instead.

I love this ☝. πŸ˜‹

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@olivia

Glad you enjoyed it!Β  Oh that’s cool that you condensed your story to six words!Β  Mine would go something like:

“Gained reward; lost friend; now reconciled.”

Hey, I saw your poem and it was so awesome! (good luck in the challenge *goes back to figuring out what to submit* πŸ™‚ )

@bclarke
    Β  Wrote:

“Searched for sanity. Found friends instead.”

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† (that’s a good one!)

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. β€” Ernest Hemingway

Michelle Rose
    @michelle

@olivia Hi Olivia *waves* I haven’t been very active on the forum in a while. But I’m back now. And this fun little thing Lily set up is just what I needed.Β It’s nice to meet you.Β  How long have you been on Story Embers?? And Are you working on any WIP?? If so what is it about??

She likes me because most moms do lol.

@imwritehere1920
    Hi Lily! I wrote you in our conversation a few days ago. Did you get it?

Your mom likes me:)

@imwritehere1920

Oh, that sounds cool! It is rather difficult trying to put your own story into six words though, or it was for me anyway. I was like “there’s so much to it that I can’t just do six words!” πŸ˜› Haha

@michelle

Ya, it’s a nice post to come back into the community with. πŸ™‚ Nice to meet you too! *waves back* I’m actually not sure how long I’ve been on Story Embers. I think going on two years, but I’m not totally sure. How about you?

I’m a writer. Of course I have a WIP! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€ Haha Here’s the blurb for it, though I’ve recently started working on another one, so it’s not technically my main WIP at the moment. (I’ll give you the blurb for my new story when I make one I’m only just now plotting it out.)

Justin Luke and Jennifer Lynn. One twin in Heaven, one twin on Earth. Both dream of the other. When they meet under miraculous odds, a strong friendship unfolds. But Justin is forced to make a life changing decision: save Jennifer or himself. Will he make the sacrifice and let love prevail?

Assuming you have a WIP, what’s it about?

Hahaha, that’s funny. Then my mom probably would, because she’s really nice and pretty much everyone likes her because of it. So maybe you two would really hit it off. xD

Michelle Rose
    @michelle

@olivia Your story sounds so cool! I would love te read it when its ready:) AKA your beta reader. I love reading fellow writers stories.

My story is called Freddy and friends. The characters are based on my stuffed animals. It is about Freddy the bear and his friends having fun adventures while at the same time learning lessons.

I have been on Story Embers since 2018 but I haven’t been very active.

Your mom likes me:)

@michelle

Sure thing! I only wrote the first draft so far and it’s pretty bad, so I can get back with you after I write the second draft.Though I’m not sure when that will be, since I just started working on a new story for a break and to learn more about the main things in storytelling, like plotting everything out first, character arcs, and so on. Not so great at those yet.

Aww, that sounds fun and cute! Do you let people read your stories at all? They sound really fun, especially for kids. πŸ™‚

Oh, that’s a while! I’m not super active on here either, but I have found it very helpful for certain things.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest