fb

Six Word Story Challenge

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Six Word Story Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Rose
    @michelle

@imwritehere1920 Picrew is a site that lets you make avatars. and no its nothing like Canva

No I haven’t read it. *looks it up online* but I’m going to read it right now lol. Yeah Lily’s got some hard squirrel evidence captured on camera. I like it! He collects bow ties, but why does he like them so much XD

@devastate-lasting
    *gives high five* Right on!

Your mom likes me:)

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

@michelle Oh hey, you use it too?

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Michelle Rose
    @michelle

@devastate-lasting Yes:) my sister told me about it! it is really lots of fun. You use it to right? I like your pic:)

Brian Stansell
    @obrian-of-the-surface-world

@michelle

Hi Michelle!

I used to be active on Story Embers but took a break for a while. Now I’m back and that’s how I met Lily (I’m babbling on, sorry) It’s nice to meet you Brian

Same here.  I joined in early SE in 2018, but have become more engaged lately.

It is very nice to meet you too! 😊

2020 reminded me of how much I needed to connect with more people, and especially those in the family of faith.  I am particularly grateful to have you guys, my fellow creatives, to share in our writing journeys.

I hope to hear more from you and about what you’ve been up to and working on.

I’ve started a few scattered topics in the Forums, of late and would love you and others to chime in too.  Have you heard about “Audio Cinema”?  Check it out.  Also, @erynne started a Topic called “Completely Useless Character Game” that is anything but useless.  It has generated a bunch of great speculations on characters simply by linking in a Character picture and answering some questions based on the picture alone. [Great fun!]  You should check it out.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

Brian Stansell

@imwritehere1920

Hi Lily,

I think the squirrels are getting organized in their crimes. If one shows up at my door wearing a mask and threatening me unless I pay him in walnuts, I’m getting my slingshot out and going into my toolbox to get him some nuts…(sans the bolts).

No smarmy squirrel’s gonna threaten Me up in my house without me peppering his fluffy caboose! I’ll tell him, “Take a scamper, Chippy! And that goes for your pal Dale too!” 🙄 Broom-tailed bandits! 😉😁

I was born in war.

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@michelle

Just gonna warn you!  You might hate the book’s ending (my sister certainly did, and thus tried to rewrite the ending 😁)

@devastate-lasting

Okay, thanks for clarifying that guys.

My sister believes squirrels are trying to take over the world; maybe that’s why dogs always bark at and chase them (the dogs know!  And they try to warn us!) 😄

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

Brian Stansell

@imwritehere1920

I suspect she’s right…

My sister believes squirrels are trying to take over the world; maybe that’s why dogs always bark at and chase them (the dogs know!  And they try to warn us!)

..I’d almost swear I saw one sticking its tongue out at my dog through the window the other day, and he went nuts. 😜
    The fluff-tailed fiend was taunting him. I think they are nefarious Govt. agents….with antennas in their tails. 😉
    [Oh, no! I just realized we’re being surveilled by rodents. 😳]

I was born in war.

Michelle Rose
    @michelle

@obrian-of-the-surface-world *shakes hand* Yes 2020 was a year that taught us all so much. And it put lots of things in perspective. Those sound fun I WILL check those out😀

@imwritehere1920
    The squirrels are plotting against us!!!!!!😱😱😱😱 Come on lol what harm can they possibly do?😅🐿

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

Brian wrote:

“If one shows up at my door wearing a mask and threatening me unless I pay him in walnuts, I’m getting my slingshot out and going into my toolbox to get him some nuts…(sans the bolts).”

On the upside, the squirrel will be social-distancing!  XD

Also, congratulations!  You won my friend’s caption contest! *throws confetti*

@michelle

Michelle Wrote:

“Come on lol what harm can they possibly do?”

I dunno.  Have you ever seen that Geico commercial where the car veers off the road to avoid a dumb squirrel? (they do that all the time on the roads and highways around our house! *rolls eyes*)

And yet another random six word story:

“The chipmunks will save the world.”

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

Brian Stansell

Ha, ha…

On the upside, the squirrel will be social-distancing!

If only… I think the squirrel has a walkie-talkie that is disguised as an acorn. He keeps talking into it and giving me sidelong glances.
    He’s up to something…but I don’t know what. 😳🤔

I was born in war.

Hi @imwritehere1920 & everyone else here 🙂

(I’ve only joined the Story Embers forums recently.)

mentioned this particular forum to me – looks like you’re all having fun playing (being scouted out by?) with the squirrels. There are no squirrels where I am, but I’m pretty sure there’s a possum living in the walls…

Here’s a go from me:

1) Bartering souls, in return for legalities.

2) Magic can cast what truth doesn’t.

3) Across the seas, the guilt swam.

4) Fish swam. Cat ate. Human oblivious.

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

@michelle It is! Thank you.

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Brian Stansell

@bclarke

Bronte, those are brilliant!!!

This one is delightfully cryptic!

1) Bartering souls, in return for legalities.

Intriguing! This could be a byline for a story or novel.

4) Fish swam. Cat ate. Human oblivious.

Not to knock those…sinister squirrels, but the Cat has long had that “aloof awareness” down pat.

As a nod to those finicky felines, here’s one for the cats out there…

“The cats and their human toys…”

Too “puppetmaster” creepy? 😳

And this one…

3) Across the seas, the guilt swam.

Ahh! Yes, I see Leviathan rising… [Jaws Movie music…] Beautifully done.  This is one you should get roses and take a bow for.

2) Magic can cast what truth doesn’t.

Yes, yes, yes! See, I knew you’d be good at this!

You’ve inspired another…

Magic cloaked. Magicians Misdirect. Truth reveals.

Bravo! Bravo!

We’ve missed you!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Brian Stansell. Reason: missing a word

I was born in war.

Thank you 🙂

“The cats and their human toys…” Too “puppetmaster” creepy? 😳

Looks like my cat with her tent tunnel and my husband. She feigns sleep and he pats her… instead she grabs his hand with her claws, and tries to drag him in with her. He keeps going back to play with her though.

Cat lures husband to play. Attack!

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@bclarke

Hi, nice to meet you!  I’m Lily.  I love the stories you came up with!  Especially number three.

Aww, what’s your kitty’s name?  I used to have a Calico cat named *wait for it* Patches! (Yeah, I wasn’t really original as a kid, but strangely, it fit.😄)  I also like your avatar.

Is it possible squirrels and cats are really working… together?! (actually, I’ve never seen cats chase a squirrel before; not like dogs… hmm…).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest