fb

*Sidles in sideways with a stack of books*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *Sidles in sideways with a stack of books*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@sarah-vdh XD Forums just freak me out…it’s like being in a crowded room but never being sure who’s listening or who you’re *really* taking to.

Tongue twisters are so cool! Do you remember what yours was?

A dreamer who plans, and a planner who dreams; a paradox.

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Hahaha, if you only knew what a procrastinator I can be sometimes…my first book took ten years to publish. 😉 Buuuuttt…it is an awesome feeling to be published and publishing again!

Operation October is a cool name! I chose it for the code name because of the month…and because the book is set in October. 😉  I’m thinking of using it for one of the books in the series (the book coming out in October 2019 is supposed to be the first in a series if everything cooperates.)

Coralie
    @corkybookworm

@naomijackson *waves shyly* Hello! 🙂

It sounds like you have accomplished incredible feats! I can’t wait to learn from you and grow beside you! And I’m curious to what exactly goes into a children’s ministry degree? That sounds very intriguing. (I love working with kids!) And, you are a brave, brave young woman to go anywhere near such atrocities as spiders! XD I can handle them if their eye-level or lower (and they don’t surprise attack), but anywhere higher than that and they FREAK me out! Other bugs, not so much. I also have Irish-Scottish heritage! And am a HUGE travel bug!

Welcome to the forum! 🙂 *also not-so-patiently awaiting the reopening of the oh-so-tantalizing Guilds!*

GraceBought
    https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

Anonymous

@naomijackson  Irish Werewolves do that?  That. Is. Awesome.  I’m part Irish and I didn’t even know that!

Kid’s love werewolves, I don’t know what those people are talking about.  All the kids I know at least love them, especially my little sister who literally made her power in this short story I was writing a few years ago, being able to transform into a wolf, and ice/snow.  So werewolves are cool.  ;P   Wind Walkers also sound cool… I mean, even just the name of them is super awesome!

Yesss! I love C. S. Lewis!  *says that and realizes the last time I read and watched them was when I was 8* *runs off to read read them*

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@ashlyvye I knoooooowwww! Irish werewolves are AWESOME! *is also Irish* *gives you a fist bump*

Wind Walkers are an Indian story my dad told me as a little girl about legendary warriors who would rise up to protect their people when the Everglades were endangered. They had the ability to run faster, hit harder, and fight longer than any other man. They could also walk on the wind, ie fly, and their symbol was that of a Swallow Tail Kite. Of course, they’re a treasured secret, because the legend says that they will rise up to protect us once again in our hour of greatest need. Those who know about them must never betray their existence. BUT GET THIS–My dad denies ever having heard this legend, much less having told it to me!! Sooooo…that’s kind of awesome and freaky at the same time, right?

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@corkybookworm *waves back*

Children’s ministry degree? It was a one year course at a Bible Institute that included a summer internship at their camp ministry. So lots of Bible classes, lots of hands on practise, and then 9 weeks of having anywhere from ten to twenty eight to twelve year old girls. (One week I had 25 but that was a freak week.) I LOVED it!! Camp ministry will always have a part of my heart, even though I’m not healthy enough to put in another tour of duty. 😉

Coralie
    @corkybookworm

@ajaj2000 Wow, that sounds like a load of fun, and lots of hard work too. I spent a summer working as a children’s librarian assistant. It was a ton of fun, but exhausting too–in a good way. I studied to be a music teacher/band director, so I’ve dealt with VERY large groups of crazy, wired kids before. May your health improve!!

GraceBought
    https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

Anonymous

@naomijackson

Woah, that is so cool.  I love incorporating actual things we’ve heard about into our writing, I don’t know why I just feel like it brings back fun memories or something.

Anyway, other than writing what do you really like to do?  Or if you couldn’t become an author what would you do?

Tess
    @thetessinator

Nine manuscripts. Wow. *claps wildly with eyes wide open*

I’m also awkward on forums, so we can be buddies!

*wonders if saying that is making things more awkward*

Y’know I think I’m going to go back into my hole. XD

I'm an ENFP - fluent in English, jokes, confusing art teminology, MBTI, and maniacal screaming.

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@thetessinator No, don’t go back into your whole! Because if you do, then I have to, too! XD Let’s just be buddies instead. 😉

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@ashlyvye Other than writing…hmmm…is “reading” the cheater answer? XD

If I couldn’t be an author, I’d be A) a human rights lawer at the UN, B) a director/producer of feature films, C) a historian who runs a popular blog that makes people in history relatable and empathetic, or D) an investment banker. (In descending order of interest.)

What about you?

Anonymous

@naomijackson

Other than a writer I’d be a…  lemme think… a- err… President of the USA.

*cough*  I would if I could, but seriously.  I’d be some part of the government.

Well, all your answers seem really different!  Filmmaking sounds really fun… Didn’t someone direct a movie where they were the ones who wrote the book?  That would be fun…

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@ashlyvye Yeah, maybe I’ll be an author AND a director someday. 😉

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

@naomijackson *waves* Hi! So glad you’re here!

What point of view do you like to write from?

Also, should I get an Instagram?

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@devastate-lasting I like to write as the omnipotent narrator or a tight third person! What about you?

And getting an Instagram (or not) is a totally personal decision. There are definitely pluses and minuses either way. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest