fb

*Sidles in sideways with a stack of books*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *Sidles in sideways with a stack of books*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    naomijackson
    @naomijackson

Hi everyone! I’m going to start this introduction with a confession: I really hate forums! XD I guess I get confused by them and end up feeling like that awkward person who always shows up right at the end of a really cool conversation and gets all excited about it…once everyone else is ready to move on. XD BUT I am so excited about Story Embers that I decided to brave the wild wild forum and jump in.

On to the good stuff:

My name is Naomi Jackson and I have been writing for 14 years (since I was seven). In that time I have

*Written nine full-length manuscripts

*Been published in Highlights for Children (when I was eleven. SO EXCITING! XD)

*Had my debut novel published in April 2017

So…as you can tell…I’m obsessed with writing!!

As for some fun facts:

*I am addicted to business lit

*I have a degree in children’s ministry

*I am a Florida girl who honestly loves to be hot and humid

*My dad is an Entomologist so I am not afraid of any bug under the sun (killing spiders for frightened friends is my superpower)

*Annnndddd…hmm. If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to Scotland or Turkey.

Anyway, thanks for having me in your forum! *is impatiently waiting for guilds to start*

A dreamer who plans, and a planner who dreams; a paradox.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@naomijackson Hi! My assistant Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur) is excited to meet you! 🦖😃

Oh, I love Florida! Have you ever been to Disney World?

I hate spiders and bugs, so can you squish them for me? I’d be eternally grateful. 😜

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

I love your dinosaur emoji!! And I will happily squish bugs for you…or save them and relocate them if they are the mosquito-eating kind. 😉

I haven’t been to Disney World! Guess that should have been one of my fun facts, lol.

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

Ooo, what’s your favorite beach?

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@naomijackson Welcome to Story Embers! We’re glad you decided to be brave and dive in!

Sounds like you have a fair amount of writing experience. 🙂 What’s the title and synopsis of your debut novel? Was it traditionally published or self-published?

I’m terrified of spiders, so anyone who’s willing to kill them for me is a friend indeed. 😉

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

Hi Briana!

My debut novel is called Hobo Stew, and it was indie/hybrid published by Faithful Life Publishing. Blurbs are super hard for me!! That’s what I’m trying to work on right now. XD

Who knew killing spiders would make me so popular! Ha! 😛

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

I just realized that I misspelled your name. *covers face in shame* Sorry about that!

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@naomijackson Welcome welcome welcome! 😀 So, you are obsessed with writing? I think you’ve come to the write place 😉 (pun intended).

Ok, I know that was terrible. XD Forgive me.

Nine full-length manuscripts?! O_O That is awesome!

What makes you want to visit Scotland and Turkey? I’d love to travel as well, but to Australia, New Zealand, and England.

*will call on you if she sees any big spiders*

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

Hahaha, puny, puny. ;P

I would go to Scotland because A) I’m Scots-Irish, b) I want to ride the Jacobian steam express, and c) I have missionary friends in Scotland.

Turkey is more complicated–if God had allowed my health to be different, I would be headed toward law school with the purpose of championing justice for refugees. I started studying Turkish a couple of years ago to work up towards that, but then God changed my plans. I’d still love to do something to help, even if it’s just meeting people and loving on them for a bit. 😉

Oooo, New Zealand would be the third place on my list!

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@naomijackson :O Nine!?

That is epic. And impressive. And… yeah. You definitely belong here. Don’t feel awkward, I beg you.

What is your debut novel about?

XD I remember Highlights for Children! Just a little bit, it was a long time ago I read it. I might have even read your publication without knowing it

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@naomijackson You have saved me from the spidies! 🕷Thank you, thank you! *bows*

Any beach that isn’t packed with people is my favorite (I’m 88 percent introverted). 🙂

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@mariposa Ha! I feel you on the beach–we always go to Bowditch Point because it’s a state park fewer people know about it. 😉

naomijackson
    @naomijackson

@sam-kowal It’s about Tim, Liz, and Anna who all get transported to a magical world called Lufrednow. So, yeah, just your typical portal fantasy, but I really enjoyed writing it. XD

What do you write?

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@naomijackson 😀 That’s pretty cool. I write fantasy- right now, a book about dwarves in a semi-futuristic city who fight in an arena using mechs.

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

Congrats for taking the leap into a new environment, @naomijackson! 🙂 That’s a lot of manuscripts you’ve written! What are your favorite business lit books?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest