Siblings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Okay, here I go starting another WIP.

I’ve had this idea for a while to write a story with my three sisters as a gift for my Mom. I would write the story, my older sister would illustrate it, but I’m not sure what the other’s would do. I originally thought that one of you younger sisters could write one or more poems for the book, but she seems resistant to write any poetry for me.

So my questions are:

What do you think of the idea?

What can I have my younger sisters do to help?

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@kayla-skywriter

To answer your first question, YES, I think this is an awesome idea! I’ve given stories as birthday and Christmas presents before, and so far they’ve been very well received. I think it’s something about how homemade gifts (even stories) seem more special than store-bought gifts 🙂

Regarding your second question, I think it depends on what your younger sisters like to do. If any of them happen to be into graphic design or tech stuff like that, you could print out a copy of the story (with your older sister’s illustrations) and maybe one of them would like to design a cover or format it. Or they could help with brainstorming so the story is sort of co-authored by all of you.

If you chose that last option but didn’t really want them dictating the whole story, you could do two separate stories, one which you write and your older sister illustrates, and another which you co-author with your younger sisters.

Do those help at all?

btw, I LOVE your profile pic 🙂

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Candide
    @candide

@kayla-skywriter, very lovely idea! I’ve already written poems to my family too. Once my father came to tears.

How old is your younger sister? How does she shows afection toward her mom?

Maybe you should invite her to prepare somenthing of her own that could be added to book project . Just ask her what could be (she may want to contribut with photos, or something like that).

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@morreafirebird @candide

K. M. Small, I like the idea but my sisters don’t do that kind of thing. Thanks, I like my picture too.

Candide, my sisters are 13 and 8. The older one write poems. The younger one hugs or uses some other physical affection.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest