fb

Should I have a FB page?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Should I have a FB page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

Do any of you guys have FB pages that you use to update people on your writing progress? And promoting your stories and all that? I think they’re called author pages or something. Anyways, I was just thinking about that and was curious if it would be a good idea to start one… have any of you found it helpful? Any tips?

@r-m-archer
    @daeus-lamb @raemarie @eden-anderson

@anyone

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Alabama Rose.

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@bama-rose

Hey, sorry, can’t help you out…😬 I don’t have FB.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@eden-anderson

No worries!! πŸ˜ƒ

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@bama-rose

I have one (as you already know), but I don’t use it as much as would be ideal. I tend to struggle–on any social media platform–with figuring out what to post, so most of my Twitter and Facebook accounts are just me sharing my blog posts, other people’s blog posts, and other people’s Facebook/Twitter posts. And I don’t really have the interest in dedicating a bunch of time to coming up with detailed plans for what to post. So… it’s not the ideal platform for me personally, I guess (I much prefer my blog), but I do think that having a presence there could be helpful even if you don’t do a whole lot with it (I have a small handful of followers who I think only follow my Facebook page, and that’s how they see my blog posts… I think… I could be wrong; and I get interaction from fellow indie authors on Twitter who don’t follow my blog), and (at least with a WordPress.org site, I’m not sure about WordPress.com) you can set up your blog to automatically share posts to your social media, so it doesn’t even take that much work.

But that’s just my personal take on it. I know there are people who use it more than I do and more effectively, and it works great for them, so I’d at least say to try it out and see what works for you or doesn’t. If you really hate it and aren’t using it, you can delete the page after your test run.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@r-m-archer

I see what you mean. I think it would also be helpful to keep my friends and family up-to-date with what I’m doing (I don’t really like to post writing stuff on my personal timeline 😝). And I think having a FB page would help to get my friends and family to read my blog (I don’t promote my blog on m personal timeline, either. πŸ˜†)

So, yeah! I think I will try it out. Thank you! You were helpful! πŸ˜ƒ

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

I see what you mean. I think it would also be helpful to keep my friends and family up-to-date with what I’m doing (I don’t really like to post writing stuff on my personal timeline XP). And I think having a FB page would help to get my friends and family to read my blog (I don’t promote my blog on m personal timeline, either. XD)

So, yeah! I think I will try it out. Thank you! You were helpful! πŸ˜€

Oh, yeah! I didn’t even think about that aspect when I was answering your question, but I’m the same way. Every once in a while I’ll post writing stuff on my timeline, but I tend to use those posts to point people toward my Facebook page so I’m not spamming my friends and family who aren’t interested, lol. So yeah, that’s definitely another factor. πŸ™‚

Glad to be of service!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by R.M. Archer.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@r-m-archer

Haha, yes, exactly!! πŸ˜‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.