fb

Short Story Contest

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Short Story Contest

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@jennythefaun

Awesome! Mine is here. I can’t wait to read yours! 😀

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

@r-m-archer and @edmund-lloyd-fletcher I read both your stories! They were super different but I enjoyed each a lot. Do you want a full beta read, or do you just want high-level, general feedback? Thanks for letting me read these!

And @edmund-lloyd-fletcher I “got it” when you told the name of the county. 😁

"...by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@jennythefaun

A full beta read would be lovely, if you have the time. 🙂

JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

@r-m-archer will do!

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@jennythefaun

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. ^-^

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@jennythefaun

Hey! I really appreciated your feedback; that was super helpful. (Next time I edit something I need to pay more attention to passive voice and weak verbs, lol.) I’ve made changes, and I was wondering if you’d be willing/have the time to look it over again and make sure I resolved everything sufficiently? If not, I totally get it; life is busy, lol.

How is your story going so far?

JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

@r-m-archer I’m glad it helped! I really only felt like there were minor things to comment on. The plot, characters, and worldbuilding are all so, so good. Yep, I’d be happy to give it another read-through!

Mine is here!!!! https://1drv.ms/w/s!AvW4C3toKDfAgXDZjicPAisSPxL7 Warning: it’s in Word, which is way less convenient for commenting than Google docs. I feel like it still needs a lot of work to become everything it should be, so any and all of you are welcome to be ruthless! @eden-anderson @edmund-lloyd-fletcher and @toklaham-veruzia, I’ll tag you guys too since you’ve been on this thread. I’d appreciate any feedback you can give, but don’t feel obligated!

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@jennythefaun

Thank you! ^-^

Yay! 😀 I’m super excited to look it over!

JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

So, this is last minute, but I meant to tag the flabbits ( @wordsmith @evelyn @trufflehunter ) to see if any of you would be interested in giving my story a read-through before I enter it. I know it’s down to the wire so if you don’t get a chance that’s fine, just thought I’d check with y’all! Are any of you entering the contest?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@r-m-archer @jennythefaun Yes, I have entered it! I edited a story from earlier this year that I wrote for a different contest. Just trying my luck I guess. 😛

I enjoyed both of your stories! (I hope you don’t mind that I read yours Ariel… O.o)

JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

@evelyn thanks for reading! Any critiques or suggestions before I send it in?

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@evelyn Awesome! 😀 Good luck! No, that’s perfectly fine. I expected most of the people on this thread would give it at least a passing glance, lol. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@jennythefaun Uh… I don’t remember…

Sorry I got back to you so late. 😛

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest