Share Your Stories!! :D

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Share Your Stories!! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    @h-jones

@selah-chelyah Oh man, that sounds super awesome!!! So wait, ancient AND modern Israel? Is it kind of like a fictional mash-up or does the story hop between the two times?

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@h-jones

It hops between the two eras. 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
      ~ Created to create ~

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@h-jones Oooh, this is such an awesome thread! Thanks for starting it. Your WIP sounds really cool! 🙂 I bet it would be really awesome if it was a graphic novel.

@kari-karast Wow, that’s a lot of WIP’s! How are you not going crazy? (or maybe you are…😜)

All the rest of you guys WIP’s sound pretty awesome too! I just wish they were published so I could go buy them. 😄

Here’s mine:

Raven’s Mask (Working Title because I can’t come up with anything better. :/ )

(am I aloud to put art/pic’s with them? 😬)

There are rumors in the air. Rumors of cloaked and hooded figure, dressed all in black, who can appear and disappear in the blink of an eye. They call him “Raven” because the color of his hair. No one has actually seen him face to face; he slinks through the streets in the shadows of night, but there’s plenty of gossip and the tales grow with each passing day. Tales, so strange and mysterious, they send chills down the back of the bravest man. Who is this “Raven” and why has he come to stalk the quiet streets of the small fishing village of Wensley?

What does he want?

Want farther info? I’d be more than happy to spend hours spewing random information about my beloved little book…😁

Catching Smoke

16 year old Lindsey Ashman is tired of believing lies about herself, but she doesn’t know how to stop. She’s always felt inferior to everyone else and her inability to have friends only serves to prove it.

She’s tired of the pain, tired of the depression, tired of her stupid, pointless existence. She feels lost and exhausted. All she wants is someone who will understand and help her.

But no one seems to care. Her parents are too involved in their own worlds to notice her and all the people she used to call her friends have left her for the “cooler” kids.

Life is empty, existence feels pointless, and finding hope is a lot like catching smoke.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

There are rumors in the air. Rumors of cloaked and hooded figure, dressed all in black, who can appear and disappear in the blink of an eye. They call him “Raven” because the color of his hair. No one has actually seen him face to face; he slinks through the streets in the shadows of night, but there’s plenty of gossip and the tales grow with each passing day. Tales, so strange and mysterious, they send chills down the back of the bravest man. Who is this “Raven” and why has he come to stalk the quiet streets of the small fishing village of Wensley? What does he want?

Want further info? I’d be more than happy to spend hours spewing random information about my beloved little book…

*bounces up and down* Ooh! Ooh! This one! I read about Raven on WorldAnvil and he seems SO. COOL. (That entire world seems super cool!) I would gladly listen to hours worth of you spewing random information about this. XD

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

Those both sound cool!! Especially the Raven one!!!! YES PLEASE DO RANT.

I am very much so crazy, but not from an overabundance of WIPs. XD

"You can dance with my henchman."

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer

Aw, you are always such a dear! Thank you. 🤗

Worldanvil…ahh, yes that lovely place. I haven’t been on there for awhile…Catching Smoke has kind of taken center stage currently but I hope to return to Elthir soon!

@kari-karast If you say so…

First, some info on the plot:

Flynn’s goal appears at first quite clear and straight forward: He wants to throw down the cruel tyrants that rule his country and return it to the strong and beautiful kingdom it once was.

But it’s not quite that simple.

He’s one man, with very few resources and no allies. He’s also an ex-convict, so he can’t even show his face in public.

With the odds against him, he is forced to play a dangerous game. One of stealth and deception. In every way possible he thwarts his enemies moves, dismantling their plans piece by piece. He’s a rebel, doing everything in his power to undermine their plans in ways they do not find exactly pleasing. At first, it’s seemingly small things-trifles the evil leaders are forced to over look because they must focus their attention and energy on running a country and suppressing rebellion. But then, in an act of open defiance, Flynn declares his abhorrence and hate for his enemies and the actions he takes force his enemies to realize that they can no longer ignore him.

So, yes his goal is to undermine the plans of his enemies, but he has another goal, another desire, another plan of which he does not speak. One he keeps hidden.

Above all else, Flynn, son of Faragor, desires revenge.

Revenge on those who stole from him everything he had, everything he lived for. They took it all and then spat in his face. He has vowed that he will find these men and they will pay for what they did to him.

But this is where his goals intertwine and become one, relentless driving force in his life.

The men who rule the throne of Balnavia are the same men who heaped injustices upon his head.

Flynn swears that they will be brought to justice…no matter what.

This is what he lives for and it is what he is willing to die for. Nothing will stand in his way. 

And some excerpts!

“What is it that you desire?” He asked gently, cupping her face in his hands.

She avoided his gaze as she answered in a low tone. “You wouldn’t understand if I told you.”

He smiled. “Try me.”

She inhaled sharply. He waited.

“To know what it is to feel,” her lips quivered as she spoke. “To know and understand the emotions and longings that others feel. To truly be alive, that is what I desire most.”

—–

There was a darkness to this forest, a brooding silence that neither of them dared to disturb. They rode along in silence for a long time. Then, when they stopped to water their horses at a small stream some distance from the path, Barron approached Flynn, and spoke.

“Do you sense someone following us?” He spoke in a low voice, so that if anyone was within ear shot the words would be indistinguishable to them.

Flynn continued rubbing down his horse, seemingly un-alarmed at the statement, but Barron knew better. He didn’t fail t notice how Flynn’s eyes flitted back and forth, studying the shadows amongst the trees. 

“How long?” Flynn spoke so quietly, Barron had to lean forward to catch the words.

“Only moments ago…not more than five. They are close, maybe a couple of yards.” Barron replied, his hand moving slowly to the hilt of his sword.

Flynn didn’t reply, simply led his horse to the stream. Barron followed suit, but he didn’t resist the urge to glance over his shoulder. He didn’t see anything, but the sense that someone was close  and watching them remained.

“Looks like it might rain.” Flynn spoke louder than was necessary and he pretended to study the sky, as if weather was in fact the most concerning thing to him at the moment. 

“Let’s hope it waits to drop till we’re home.” Barron added, forcing a chuckle out. He attempted to appear as unconcerned as Flynn.

The attempt failed of course.

The horses were finished. Barron moved to mount his horse, but Flynn laid a hand on his arm.

“Not yet.” He said no more, but Barron knew he meant “if someone is following us I want to meet them on the ground. We’re not giving them any advantages.”

Flynn knelt by the stream, seemingly occupied in washing away the dust of the journey from his hands and arms. Barron remained standing, the thought of being surprised by a potential enemy while kneeling on the ground unnerved him.

Something moved.

Barron sensed it more than he saw or heard it. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a flash of color. Bright red. He turned, ever so slightly, till he was facing the shadowy clump of trees where he had seen the movement. It was dark, with plenty of shadows one could easily hide in.

He felt himself stiffen, ready for action at any moment.

“Come, drink something.” Flynn called loudly.

Barron paused before moving. Flynn was trying to make him not be so obvious, but he was hesitant to turn his back on that foreboding section of forest. Who knew what evil lay within its depths?

And some colleges and random art:

So, there you go…now you guys need to rant. I had my turn. 😀

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

OOOOH. THAT SOUNDS EVEN MORE AWESOME NOW. Also I LOVE how you conveyed so much intrigue and stuff to me without spoiling anything!!!!

Okay. What should I rant abotu?? XD

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@eden-anderson Oooh, I love these! Raven’s mask is giving me some robin hood vibes, which I totally love. (But like, it’s also super different and interesting!)

Is the other one contemporary fiction? I’ve always thought contemporary would be harder, but yours sounds like a good read!

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@eden-anderson

Nice collage! I like the pics you chose…speaking of pics, you changed your profile pic back again. 😀

@h-jones

I also have a WIP tentatively called Avant, Lyon!  It’s set mainly in Lyon, France, during WWII, and I have a ton of threads to follow through for multiple characters. So awesome! 🙂

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Selah.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
      ~ Created to create ~

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

Aww, thanks! That means so much to me! ❤️

Tell me about Red Rider…that sounds interesting. xD

@the-fledgling-artist

Yeah, well, Robin Hood is a favorite legend of mine, so I may have been a little bit influenced by it. 😉 Thank you!

And yes, Catching Smoke falls under the contemporary genre. (well, that’s what it’s supposed to be anyway. 😛)

@selah-chelyah

Thanks! I had fun making it. xD

And yes, I know…again. 🤪

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

My blurb thingy is: A calloused warrior tries to put her life back together while attempting to take down a corrupt government at the same time.

The MC is named Eina Firestar.

Here’s some quotes from people who’ve read snippets.

~

“He is an awesome villain that deserves to DIE!!” About the main antagonist, the Red Rider.

“The story or the actual Red Rider? Cause he should be drags finger across throat” Also about the Red Rider. They don’t like him. XD

~

“The Red Rider is a great story about a rebellion against an unjust government with a main character who would take death over being captured.” A better summary than I could’ve done. XD

~

“Also, Aiden is untrustworthy”

“I agree —. DOWN WITH AIDEN!”

“Glares at Aiden”

Aiden’s one of the characters. They don’t like him either. *has no idea why all he did was act sorta weird*

~

Anyway, I gtg now. I’ll get more indepth to it later maybe. Also if you got any questinos just ask!

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

Ooh, sounds amazing! Yes, please! Tell me more. xD

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

Okay, let’s see.

So Eina was part of the Idealists(a rebellion) against the Collective(or Tyranny, as the people call them behind their backs). Then the Idealists got utterly demolished and Eina was the only one left and she’s on the run for her life. Then Tyrone comes out of nowhere and saves her from certain doom and he takes her to meet Aiden, who’s one of the leaders of the Visionaries, another rebellion. Aiden wants Eina to join the Visionaries, but Eina’s too suspicious to do it at first. And then… yeah. Stuff happens.

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

Red Rider sounds really cool! All this rebellion stuff sounds fascinating. 😀 How far into writing the story are you?

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

(I love your new profile pic btw!!)

Um… like 5600 words/12 pages. XD It’s a pretty new idea, I based it off a really interesting dream I had.

Don’t tell the people reading the snippets, but I am literally making everything up as I go. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest