fb

Share Your Stories!! :D

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Share Your Stories!! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@seekjustice

Yeah! It’s difficult, bc I have to worldbuild literally everything, but it’s also really fun!!

@bigideaskc

Ooh! Sabre looks cool! I don’t know anyhing about her, though, so I can’t offer any input. (Ps. Are you Nola Apple… Applematch? Apple something…)

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

All these are just… *jaw drops* *picks jaw up off the floor* *affixes it to my face again* I would much rather read these than 90% of the stuff I find at the library.

So, I do have a WIP, though it’s pretty much impossible to write a good synopsis without spoilers, but it’s a early steampunk era with magical fantasy races and people who have made Not GreatTM life decisions. It’s a serial I’m posting one “episode” at a time on my blog (link in my bio).

But! I have another story I’m looking forward to writing, once I figure some things out regarding the plot. It’s about these four fictional characters who escaped their book. The main character, Stan, was once a knight, but HATED it and is now a florist. The “damsel in distress,” Polly, is now a con artist. The villain, Odessia, who was called a witch but was more of a scientist, is now an inventor. It was one of her inventions that let her and the others escape the book. Her sister Esmeralda was the queen of fairyland, and she was the only one who didn’t want to leave the book, but due to a malfunction with Odessia’s machine, was transported out anyway.

Because the machine opened a gateway between the book and real life but didn’t close it, it’s now unstable, and let one more character escape: the real villain, an evil dragon. In the book, he’s defeated by Stan and Esmeralda, but because they left the book, he’s been running rampant. He’s very intelligent, and has realized he’s from a book, and… if he kills Stan and Esmeralda, he will be basically unstoppable.

In real life, Odessia and Esmeralda, who are fairies, and the dragon, look like humans. But as the gateway grows more unstable, they’re turning back into what they were, which will be fun to play with. I’m thinking the theme will be humility, because each character struggles with pride in one way or another.

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Hedges
    @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist Awwww! Hahaha I’m so glad! Yesssss definitely know when you get it done yay 😀 And gosh snccknbskchskjdvhjksdhvjkevf that’s so high praise, thank you so much!!

@r-m-archer
    thank you! D

@ashira
    Oooo!!! Can I hear about the Voice of Thunder?? Or RAEN?? @selah-chelyah

@kari-karast
    Hahahaha yes cliffhangers xDDD And Visions?? What’s that about?

@seekjustice
    Hahaha yeah, Mallory is my character xDD Fledge has a TON of amazing characters of her own though!!!! Aghhh! Just. Ask her about Jake. My precious baby cinnamon roll. <333 But yeah, oof, my inspiration for Malloeh was essentially because yeah, I’m really sick of Marvel right now. No offense to those who love them! I think they movies are fun, but I feel like they’re really in it more for the money at this point. Which, of course, makes it less… deep? Idk 😂😂

@bigideaskc
    Ooooo, wow. That really sounds neat. 😀 what kind of personality does Sabre have?

@ncstokes
    Hahaha that’s actually exactly how I feel, reading all of these peoples’ stories!! Like, please get published and in a library hahahaha. I need your books in my life xDDD Also, your story sounds AWESOME!!! I already love Stan hahaha 😂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Hedges.

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

A.N. Parker
    @bigideaskc

@bigideaskc Thanks for sharing your new WIP with us! As I’ve already mentioned (but may never cease to bring up) I loveee hearing people geek out over their stories. I don’t really have any comments on Sabre since I don’t know much about her, but your story sounds cool.

Thanks so much for the input! 😀 Yeah, I didn’t really explain much about Sabre yet (I certainly will, though). Thanks for the thoughts, again, and I’ll post a thing about her somewhere in the Characters category, and what any of you think I can do to spice ‘er up. 🙂

@bigideaskc Ooh! Sabre looks cool! I don’t know anyhing about her, though, so I can’t offer any input. (Ps. Are you Nola Apple… Applematch? Apple something…)

Thanks for the compliment about Sabre! 😀 Yeah, I know – like I said, I’ll post a thing about her in the Characters category for more information, personality traits, a li’l bit of backstory, etc.

And yes, I am Nola Applequill! 😀 Haha! Glad I’m known even on here. XD

@bigideaskc Ooooo, wow. That really sounds neat. what kind of personality does Sabre have?

Thank you! 🙂 Again, I’m going to post that on a new thread in the Characters category. 😀

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by A.N. Parker.

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by RedPhoenix15

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@bigideaskc

Heh, yeah. There’s quite a few Aetherlighters on here. And I stalk the Aetherlight forums. Haven’t gotten the game yet, but REALLY REALLY want to.

Can you tag me when you post the thing about Sabre?

A.N. Parker
    @bigideaskc

@bigideaskc Heh, yeah. There’s quite a few Aetherlighters on here.

Yeah, I can see that, LOL.

And I stalk the Aetherlight forums. Haven’t gotten the game yet, but REALLY REALLY want to.

Ooh, nice! 😀 Yas, please do! And if you ever get the game, PLEEEAAASE join the forums! They are sooo amazing! 😀 And there are a lot of writers on there, as well. LOL, I’m sure you already know this from the other Aetherpeeps, but I just wanted to tell you about the sheer awesomeness of the forums. XD

Can you tag me when you post the thing about Sabre?

Absolutely! Will do. 🙂 In fact, I’ll actually tag all of the people that originally wanted to know more about her and her personality, backstory, etc. 🙂

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by RedPhoenix15

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@h-jones

Yesss. Cliffhangers. I might’ve murdered a couple people more than once through them. *awkward cough*

Visions is about Sage and Jace. They’re siblings with the power to see, well, visions. They have a vision-like dream that’s different than their usual visions. Then they find out that it’s warning them of some world-wide catastrophe that only they have the power to stop. (mostly bc no one will know what it is if they don’t figure it out but that’s jsut a technicality)

@bigideaskc

Hehe, yeah. I plan to, don’t worry. 🙂 I have SO many people telling me to get the game now… XD The only obstacle is my parents, they’re still thinking about it. *sighs*

Yay! Thanks!!

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@h-jones @seekjustice

I keep trying to write a summary of TVOTT but there is too much and I keep stopping because there is so much in the story XD what do I do.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

A.N. Parker
    @bigideaskc

Hehe, yeah. I plan to, don’t worry. 🙂 I have SO many people telling me to get the game now… XD The only obstacle is my parents, they’re still thinking about it. *sighs*

Ah, yeah, definitely. Well, no matter who’s telling you what, always remember to listen to your parents. 😀

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@bigideaskc

Don’t worry, I will. 🙂 I think my mom is fine with it, but she said to ask dad. Which I did, but I think they both just forgot about it by now, which is the problem. *should probably go remind them*

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@ashira

Lol! You mean you didn’t put a title with aforesaid “exotic-mystery-spy-thing?! Haha! 😀

@h-jones

I’ll jump in late, I guess. 🙂 At least stick some titles out there and let you ask…hehe.

Out of the Ashes

Unquenchable

The Greatest of These

The Scarlet Worm

+ two dozen other yet-unnamed WIPs…oh, and the infamous two with @ashira. 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Hedges
    @h-jones

@ashira Try to give a summary in one sentence and see where it goes from there! That’s usually what I do xD

@kari-karast
    Ooooooohsjfhsndbfhjsbdf that sounds pretty sweET

@selah-chelyah
    Oooh, the Scarlet Worm really struck me as interesting. Do tell 😀

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@h-jones

Thanks!!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@h-jones

*cringes*  Okay, I am terrible at trying to describe my own books, so don’t laugh too hard…besides which, they all have so much hidden meaning, I cannot possibly try and tell you all of it. Lol! Anyway…

It’s set in Israel, in modern + ancient times. The scarlet worm has a double meaning. In the world of the MC, a girl, it is the source of livelihood for her family. It’s the worm that, when it dies, leaves a scarlet-hue dye, among other amazing things about it, lol. The dye is used for clothing and whatever, and it is what her family does for a living. It is also a figuritive picture of Christ, as well. You know the verse in Psalms, where David is talking about the coming Messiah and it says (from the Messiah’s perspective) “I am a worm, and not a man”? That reference, in the original text, is talking about that same scarlet worm! So this girl MC of mine comes to know the true Messiah through a series of things that happen, related to that double meaning.

How’s that for a wanna-be description? 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Selah CJW.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@selah-chelyah

That sounds really cool!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest