Share Your Stories!! :D

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Share Your Stories!! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@the-fledgeling-artist

Ooh! Cool! 😀 😀 😀

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@r-m-archer @kari-karast

Thanks guys! The story is very much my precious baby. Haha. I love what I have so far a lot, probably too much, so I can’t really tell if it’s actually any good, or if I just think it is because it’s my precious.

I loved hearing about both your stories. x3
    Hearing authors gush over their characters is one of my favorite things. Does either of you have a favorite out of all your brain-babies?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@the-fledgling-artist

ABSOLUTELY. *whispers* actually don’t tell any of my charries that, but I do. It’s Kari. Or possibly Sage. But mostly Kari.

"You can dance with my henchman."

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@the-fledgeling-artist

*100%-crazed laughter erupts and goes on for several minutes* One favorite character? One? Out of my 90 stories/ideas? (Not even counting the ones I decided were lousy and decided to scrap.) Yeah, no. I have at least a top 10. XD Let me see if I can lower down a top 10 really…

1. Cor Truan/Claris – The Dark War Trilogy (this kid. he’s adorable. I love him to bits.)
    2. Detren Everlind – The Dark War Trilogy (sweetest, noblest, most loving. guy. ever. Also musical with gorgeous eyes and basically my dream guy by accident.)
    3. Braedyn Carter – The Shades and the Elect (also super sweet and gentlemanly, and musical, and mechanical, and basically great at everything he does, and just generally awesome)
    4. (this is where I notice I don’t have any girls on this list yet) Clissa Hiara – Dark Queen Rising (of course the first female on the list is a super creepy villain who disturbs me by how intriguing she is to me. but seriously, she’s a really interesting character to write)
    5. Solem Anders – The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles (snarky, sarcastic, also kind of dark as far as humor is concerned, kind of heroic-ish, also kind of a coward, but in general FUN to write and read)
    6. Kinley Charlton – The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles (her favorite weapon is magical powdered sugar, she used to live in a gingerbread house, and she’s got a backstory I kind of want to write)
    7. Lucienne Crain – The Dark War Trilogy (super supportive and encouraging, but also that good friend who gives you a kick in the pants when you need it, great listener, generally awesome person)
    8. Jeevan Kronus – The Shades and the Elect (goofy, tall, serious when he needs to be, always puts smiles on faces, kind of a prankster, gets really dedicated to things when he sets his mind to them)
    9. Lauren Avery – Brothers (optimistic, one of those people to radiates the love of Christ, gently encouraging, challenges instead of pushing (if that makes any sense…), just generally an awesome human)
    10. Crimson Arun – The Hylands series (I’ll admit some of this is nostalgia. but also she’s encouraging, loyal, brave, feminine, emotional, basically what I think a “strong female character” should actually look like)

Yep. This hasn’t even scratched the surface. There’s also Halder Eckard, Pellan Shyle, Gen… something (Hartley, maybe?), Kasslynn Verum, Onyx Andromeda, Maru Nakamura, June Lorne, Wren Lorne, Prynn Nemea, Tiberius Alister… the list. goes. on. XD

Favorite stories would be easier to lower down… but it’s probably still at least ten items long. XD

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@r-m-archer

Wow!!

Grace
    @h-jones

@kari-karast @r-m-archer @the-fledgling-artist

Oh my word, this is giving me so much happiness hahaha xDD I’m right with you Anna, I am seriously enjoying hearing people talk about their stories!! (Also I decided on calling you Anna if that’s cool with you?? I’ve always felt more connected to people using their given names, however odd that may sound x’D)

Kari – Dude, Red Rider sounds super cool! That’s so exciting! Have you started writing it yet, or are you just writing Ash Fall as of right now? Or are you working on other projects or yours?

Archer (I’m just gonna call you Archer if that’s okay, hahaha xD) – Oh my goodness, that sounds AWESOME!! Will I be able to buy it?? Is it going to be published traditionally or are you doing it? That’s super exciting!!! And the cover looks GREAT!

Anna – *jaw drops* jsdhfkjshdfjkhsdkjfgkdfgkjsdgfksdgfksdgfjsdgfksgdfkjsgdjkfgsdkjfgskjdgfkjsgd

THAT’S LIKE FIFTY TIMES COOLER THAN I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE (I thought it was going to be cool haha don’t worry, but MAN), AGGGHH I CANNOT WAIT FOR WHENEVER IT’S OUT AND PUBLISHED AND – please inform me when that happens. xD I already feel so involved in your story!

EDIT: whoops forgot to add my fave characters hahaha

Well, like Archer, I have a few for different reasons. Not quite ten, but a few. xD

Lin the Wanderer – or, just Lin, really. He doesn’t have a middle or last name since he’s set in a fantasy world where only royalty are given more than one name, and he’s essentially the dust of the earth *cri* and the “wanderer” title is pretty much just a title that isn’t really a thing in his story, I just made it up to make his name a little longer and define more of who he is. He just goes by Lin in the story. He’s fifteen, a brunet boyo, super chill, responsible, quiet, very unobtrusive, yet still a people person. He likes to hang, he’s just very mellow and doesn’t really do much but smile, nod, and crack the occasional joke. Lets life happen to him. Very content. Also, a desert nomad who fights with gunslingers and train robbers from time to time. I LOVE HIM TO ABSOLUTE DEATH.

Alexander “Paul” Paul Reedman, aka “Falcondude” – Another superhero from my “City of Heroes” world that Mallory comes from, but he came LONG before her. Mallory’s concept came to me late last year, but Falcondude has been a superhero of mine way back since 2013. I’ve tried to make a ZILLION comics for him but they never worked out, so I thought I could introduce him to the world through Mallory since they eventually find themselves on the same crime-fighting superhero crew. Like, the Avengers or the Justice League. Because I have nary an original bone in my body. xD Anyway, he’s fifteen like Lin, has long boyish orange hair, and is a literal nutcase (as is expected from a hero named Falcondude x’D *cry*). Totally loves attention, a little a lot egocentric, also pretty much an idiot, but with a huge heart. He loves people and doesn’t even think twice to reach out. Basically doesn’t think at all and just does what’s in his heart, even if it goes beyond all reason. Sometimes this leads to problems, but most of the time, it leads to him doing things no one else can do. I ALSO LOVE THIS BOY TO ABSOLUTE DEATH. THESE KIDS ARE MY CHILDREN.

Mallory Houston – my precious, precious daughter x’D Easily one of my more fleshed out characters, and besides, she’s really like the Korean version of me – or, at least, who I want to be. Actually, now that I think about it, she reminds me more of my mom hahaha surprise, surprise. Mallory is extremely chill, peaceful, gentle, motherly, funny (when she has the time to be haha), etc. But her bad side is like this emotional ball of stressed-outness constantly worrying about her daughter and life and like, she has a habit of just breaking down into tears and rolling herself up in a blanket to binge-watch her favorite romantic TV dramas whilst cuddling with Susanna (when Susanna is in the mood to be cuddled haha). Basically just a normal teenage girl with a heart for the world, who has superpowers and a kid. DSFDSFSDFSDFSDG DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY I LOVE THIS CHILD TO ABSOLUTE DEATH.

So, those are the main three off the top of my head. They are very precious and mean a lot to me. <3

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Grace.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@h-jones

Yep, Archer is great! 🙂 YES! I’m self-publishing it on May 1st. ^-^ Thank you!

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

Awww, thank you, Grace! 😀 I’m so glad you like it!! You made me so happy. x3 If I ever finish it I’ll definitely let you know!! Eeeeep

You have no idea how excited I am about your story. It’s one thing to have cool ideas, but like, wow! You’re actually doing something really cool with it!!

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@h-jones umm…looks like you already got some peoples so maybe you have enough.  Ok, take your pick and I will tell you about it.

Facing the Lions

The Voice of the Thunder

Firetail

Return of the Runaway

My Blood for Yours

umm, there is like five more but these are the most developed.  Well, except for RAEN and another epic, exotic spy mystery thing I am writing with @selah-chelyah

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@h-jones

Lin sounds awesome! 😀

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@h-jones

Yay! I rather like it myself. XD

I’m writing it rn, yeah. I’ve been posting snippets for it on a different writing website. (Cliffhangers galore! Muahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa)

I’m trying to mostly focus on Ash Fall, though.

And I’m sort of working on Visions(the one with Sage), but it’s rather on pause rn, along with my other “WIPs”.

Also. LIN. *hugs the baby precious smol child*

Chelsea R.H.
      @seekjustice

@the-fledgling-artist @r-m-archer @ashira @h-jones @kari-karast

I loved seeing all about your stories! I have to say I really didn’t know anything about your WIPs before and now I’m super keen for all of them.

Fledgling-Artist, I am in love with Mallory! She sounds so incredibly cute, and I love the new take on superheroes you’re doing in your story. I’m honestly really tired of Marvel/DC, but this sounds so fresh!

Archer, I love the sound of your characters, particularly Solem Anders sounds fun 😀

Ashira! Hello! it’s been a while since we chatted. Your WIPs also sound really cool. And I’m curious about your WIP about the Shoshani Americans. What’s the plot (if you don’t mind saying?)

@kari-karast Ash Fall sounds awesome. I love lava planets and stuff 😛

I currently have three/four books in progress. One is a dystopian trilogy that I’m considering shortening into a duology, and the other book is a standalone fantasy novel which is my absolute baby.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@seekjustice
      Thank you! Although Mallory is actually Grace’s character haha. I completely agree with you though!

A.N. Parker
      @bigideaskc

Hey, guys! So, I don’t know if any of you guys remember when I was asking some questions for my “WIP” at the time, False Awakening, that I was in the process of editing with. But False Awakening is published now (woot, woot) and I’d really like to introduce to you guys my new WIP, Sabre Black.

It’s going to be much better plotted than my other books, haha, and I just finished the plotting phase for now and started the writing process. (It’s a 1st person, present-tense novel, in case anyone’s wondering. 😉 )

It’s about this species of winged people called Andorians in a planet called Andoren, and these demon-like Andorians are called dimonis, and the angel-like Andorians are called serahs. The MC was born a dimoni, but she ran away from the Foscor (the dimonis’ army) when she was young and joined the Llum (the serahs’ army).

I’d very much like to know your thoughts about my characters and story and other things, if that’s alright.

Let me just start off with my MC, Sabre Black, and see what you think about her. 😀

Anyway, yep. As evil as she looks… She’s not. Trust me, LOL.

Thoughts? Adoration? Constructive criticism? “She’s such a cinnamon roll“‘s? “I HATE HER“‘s? Any feedback is welcomed, haha.

See ya, Emberians!

(P.S. Also, huge epic credit to my amazing daddy [some of you Aetherlighters may know him as Lightscape Ironwalker 😉 ], who made that AWESOME drawing of Sabre!)

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by A.N. Parker.

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by The Fledgling Artist

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@bigideaskc Thanks for sharing your new WIP with us! As I’ve already mentioned (but may never cease to bring up) I loveee hearing people geek out over their stories.

I don’t really have any comments on Sabre since I don’t know much about her, but your story sounds cool. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest