Share Your Stories!! :D

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Share Your Stories!! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    @h-jones

An opportunity for writers to all gather, share their projects, geek out about their characters, etc. etc. etc. (:

At least, I think that would be fun to have a neat little place like this. 😀 And it doesn’t just have to be your main story, it can be something you plan on working on later in life! Or something you never even plan on writing at all! Who knows, one of us may be inspired by your idea and you could be responsible for the next smashing hit.

I shall start. 😀

The novel (potentially a graphic novel?) I’m working on going to be called How To Be A Superhero. It’s about a teen mom who contracts the abilities of invisibility and (for lack of a better term) high-jumping, who starts fighting low-scale crime (as in, badguys without superpowers) in her city, Jonston (also known as the City of Heroes because there’s a totally weird phenomenon that happens where every superhero/villain that has ever lived ends up there, one way or another—so, understandably, it’s a pretty crazy place to live).

In doing so, she meets a villainous and highly capable killer named Hank, who is a notorious bank robber with a casualty count of over thirty. Never been caught—no one’s even gotten close. However, since all the other heroes are left to deal with the crazier and much more powerful villains, my MC—Mallory, the teen mom—is essentially left to deal with him on her own.

Mallory is a Korean-American who is seventeen years old, with a eighteen-month-old daughter named Susanna. She’s super chill, kind of dryly funny, a tad awkward (as is usual for all teen girls), and extremely motherly. To everyone, not just to Susanna.

Anyway, I’m really excited about it. I’ve gotten through virtually all the stages of plotting and am now ready to write! How crazy is that??? This is the longest I’ve ever stuck with a project and I’m absolutely thrilled!

So, what is some of y’alls stuff? I’m really excited to hear! 😀😀😀

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

Oooooooh. That sounds awesome!!

I’ma sit back and just stalk for now. Maybe I’ll share some stuffage later.

"You can dance with my henchman."

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

This was such a great idea, Grace! I absolutely love hearing people geek out about their story-babies. <3 Mallory sounds adorable. Congrats on plotting the story out so fast!

*amazed*

*jealous*

*confetti*

@kari-karast Share your stuffage!! I wanna hear more about Ash fall.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Grace
      @h-jones

@kari-karast sdlfhkjdhfkjehejfkghefk thank you xDDD And whenever you’re ready, I’d be more than happy to read about Ash Fall or anything else you may have up your sleeves. (: You’re such a talented writer!!

@the-fledgling-artist Pff xDDD Thank you, but it really wasn’t actually that fast, I’ve been working on this project for quite a bit now xDDDDD I only just now decided to bring it up because, as you know, I have a notorious reputation for committing to things I don’t actually finish. This is the longest I’ve ever held true to a story though and actively pursued it on a regular basis, so I’m extremely encouraged! Maybe I’m growing out of my curse bwahahahaha xDDD

OH here’s some promo-art of How To Be A Superhero I did a while back, thought it’d be fun to share 😀 it’s kiiiind of big tho cry

Also!! Anna, it has recently occurred to me that I know absolutely NOTHING about Sage’s or even Jake’s story. Would you be willing to tell me about them??? Or is it more of a secret for now? I’m really very curious jkjhsbfhks

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@the-fledgling-artist @h-jones

XD Okay maybe I’ll join in now. Also, thank you!!!

@h-jones

Ooh. It’s so pretty!!

@the-fledgling-artist

Ooh yes!! Tell more about your Sage and my lil baby Jake!!

*drags out stories and blows the dust off of them*

So… which one you wanna know about? XD XD

Here’s your choices:

• Ash Fall
        • The Red Rider
        • Visions
        • Parthonia
        • Katonia
        • Spirit of the Jungle(technically this one is my secret project, but I haven’t worked on it in MONTHS, so… *shrugs* who cares about secrets anymore. XD)

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

Oooh, Okay, I’ll try to type up a thing about their stories. (Or at least, what I know so far haha.)

WHOA KARI

DAS

SO

MANY

STORIES

how is your brain not exploding right now??

😮
        I wanna hear about Ash fall!! Red rider sounds really cool too tho

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

XD Technically those are only my “WIPs”. (quotation marks cuz Spirit of the Jungle hasn’t been worked on in MONTHS AND MONTHS, and Katonia and Parthonia are pretty much on pause rn, and Visions is sorta on pause.) I got lots more possible stories too. XD (Basically I got storylines for series, and then… yeah…)

Ash Fall… well what do you wanna know about it? XD I don’t want to spoil too much of it, though. 😉 I can give you a rundown of it’s history for now.

So… the Great Flame created it. And he had… *hasn’t actually named them yet* but he created helpers, too. Then one of said helpers, The Blaze King, decided that he wanted to be greater than the Great Flame and rule “Ash” and so he started a rebellion. (Seeing the allegory here yet?) The Great Flame kicked him out of… wherever they lived… and trapped him. And that was the end of that. For the time being, anyways.

So the other “helpers” who’d sided with the Blaze King were stuck on “Ash”, and most certainly didn’t help crime rates and such. They even had kids with the inhabitants of Ash. *cough nephilim cough* THEN it got SO bad, that the Great Flame had to do something drastic.

So he caused the Cataclysm. Which made Ash go from being like Earth, with actual water and plants, to being Ash, with lava and weirdo plants. At the same time, he trapped the “helpers” who’d sided with the Blaze King, and their kids(the nephilim stand ins), in the Rift. A place outside of time. And so it was up to the inhabitants of Ash to recover on their own. The Elder Spirits helped them(they’re sorta like angels mixed with prophets but aren’t either) get settled, and then retreated into the mountains. That’s also when the renamed the planet Ash(don’t ask me what it was called before then cuz I dunno).

Years and years and years later, the Blaze King broke free of his prison, found the Rift, freed the people in the Rift who would still help him, and decided to take over Ash. In his view of it, if he takes over Ash, he’ll have one-upped the Great Flame. And he’ll get even with the humans who helped the Great Flame beat him the first time. And that brings us to where Ash Fall is currently set!! Yay!

____

I can tell you about the Red Rider too if you want. That one’s pretty new.

Grace
        @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist Yay!!!! I’m really so excited 😀 I’ve been curious about them for a while now!

@kari-karast Thank you! 😀 And alSODOWKERSJRBFKSRNFJF OH MY GOODNESS ASH FALL SOUNDS SO COOL!!!!! Oh my word!! I had no idea! That’s super incredible. I like how you incorporated a lot of Biblical history into the history of your world! Sidnwkwndkekwjrfs oh my goodness it’s just so cool and unexpected. I was honestly kind of expecting something like Lord of the Rings, but this seems a tad different. Like, a lava world with crazy plants and stuff? That’s just awesome. 😀

And I personally would love to hear about the Red Rider as well!!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Grace.

R.M. Archer
          @r-m-archer

*claps excitedly* Ooh! Ooh! I’m releasing a series of fairytale retelling short stories on May 1st and the cover reveal was today! 😀 😀 😀 It’s like A Series of Unfortunate Events meets Disney and it was super fun to write. Mostly. There were rocky spots. But I think it’s going to be fun to read, even if the writing wasn’t 100% smooth. (After all, when is writing ever 100% smooth? XD)

@h-jones

How to Be a Superhero sounds interesting! Superheroes aren’t normally my thing, but it sounds like a really unique, interesting premise. 🙂 Good luck as you get into writing it! 😀

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

@h-jones

Thank you!!!! Yeah, it’s an allegorical fantasy! 🙂 In book 2, there’s the Ember Prince who’s the allegory of Jesus. *cough at least there will be when I finish Ash Fall: Warcry and start writing the second one cough*

Yep! I got the idea for it from the name of this boardgame called Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn. 🙂 So hence the lava planet. (Kinda like Mustafar from Star Wars only less harsh.) And you gotta have weird plants if you want them to survive on a lava planet. Same with the animals.

Okay!

So… Red Rider is based off a dream I had. It’s about a girl named Eina who was part of a rebellion that got brutally crushed. Now she’s being hunted by the Red Rider(hehehe). And then she meets this guy who tells her that her rebellion wasn’t the only rebellion so then she joins said guy’s rebellion. And stuff happens. So yeah.

@r-m-archer

Ooh! Can you give us a link to the cover reveal??

R.M. Archer
          @r-m-archer

@kari-karast

Did it not link? *looks confused* It’s showing as being linked on my end… The links are a lighter blue now, I think, so maybe that’s throwing you off? Or maybe the site’s just doing weird things? It should be in “the cover reveal was today”.

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

@r-m-archer

OH. *facebricks* Sorry!! It linked, but it was so dark blue over on my end that I didn’t realize it was any different from the surrounding text!

It looks awesome!!!

R.M. Archer
          @r-m-archer

@kari-karast

Ohhhhh, that makes sense. XD (It must be lighter on my end since I’ve visited the link.) I’m glad you were able to find it!

Thank you! 😀

The Fledgling Artist
          @the-fledgling-artist

The working title of Jake’s story is Guardians of Drakkelle.

Drakelle is a monastic kingdom isolated in the mountains from all other kingdoms in order to preserve and protect (A currently unnamed dragon-like deity, reminiscent of our God in the real world)’s fire that was said to have been gifted to them centuries ago. Humans can (and do) make connections with this fire if they are ritually pure, and essentially get cool fire powers. Since this story might end up being a graphic novel it seems significant to me to mention that this fire doesn’t look like joe-shmoe fire. It’s a rich gold that burns white in the center, and it’s the only thing that can repel the monsters that have taken over the rest of their entire world, basically. They’re pretty much embodiments of disgusting slimy evil scary darkness. (was that enough adverbs for ya?)

So here’s where my babies come in the picture. Jake is a special lil kid. He’s very much what you might expect from a ‘chosen one’ character. He’s an orphaned, young, witty, is incredibly enthusiastic, and has the biggest lil heart. I’m still trying to come up with a cool title for him, but he was born with dragon fire already inside him and has the ability to receive visions from the dragon-like deity. I think of him kind of like O.T prophets, except, you ’know, different. Haha. Such abilities are a sign that he has been specifically chosen to do… something. Everyone says this something is to defeat all the darkness that is corrupting their world, but spoilers. 😉
          Jake has a lot of pressure put on him and is taught that he is someone he actually isn’t. People see him as a messiah figure- but he’s just a person like everyone else.
          Avery is Jake’s guardian. Not parental figure guardian (altho he is kinda that too) but guardian as in protector. His entire purpose of living is to protect Jake until he is old enough to “save” their world. Essentially he was selected to die for Jake, should it be necessary. After the story starts Oswald also becomes a guardian of Jake’s due to some of Avery’s daddy problems. (His father is one of the most important men in Drakelle)

Due to stuff and things,*coughincitingeventcough* Drakelle is destroyed. The flame is extinguished, and the only remnants of it are inside Jake, Avery, and Oswald. They set out in desperation to get Jake safely to a really bad place so he can do things he can’t actually do and save the world.

Phew. That’s the gist. I know what happens at the mid-point, and I have vague ideas of what happens before it, and I have vague ideas of the ending.. But the rest are gaps I still need to fill. I didn’t even mention Avery’s little sister Elinore, but she’s important too. Because reasons.

… that was almost 500 words. I’m so sorry guys. xD

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

@the-fledgling-artist

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest