fb

Share Your Newsletter here!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Share Your Newsletter here!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Brian Stansell
    @obrian-of-the-surface-world

Hi @erynne,

I have not put out a newsletter yet, but I do have a Blog site with my Work In Progress posted chapter by chapter.

The first 31 Chapters are my first “book”.

Click HERE

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

Erynne
    @erynne

Hey, thank you for subscribing!

“first 31 chapters” I totally did not roll my eyes at that… FIRST 31 I mean come on! XD That’s really good lol

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi… my mom was wondering why Roasted Vegetables hadn’t subscribed to my newsletter yet. I wouldn’t ever force someone to deal with my, but since you’re a friend of Cathy’s, I automatically have permission to force you. SO JOIN MY NEWSLETTER NOW!!!!!!!! if you want to, that is 😁

https://crafty-trailblazer-274.ck.page/5c01604af7

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Brian Stansell

@Erynne

🙂 Yes, yes I know.  I have 70 chapters written as the first draft, but I realized that the “book” was getting too long for a single book.  I found there was a natural break at Chapter 31 that could serve as the end of Book 1 and set up the sequel with book 2 to commence from Chapters 32 to 70 which would make each book about equal in length.  Approximately 300 pages per book, but that is about on par for a typical fantasy novel and far less than say that of a B. Sanderson or even a S. King novel.  So these two rough drafts were my “finding my way” story, but they clarified as I went.  Now I am plowing through the rewrites unceremoniously to get a more cohesive and targeted story centralized better under the theme of “the discovery path Lordship.”  A lot has been written on the “journey to faith” but I feel called to write a story that deals with the “maturation of a journey with faith.”  For instance, if the biblical text could be wielded as it describes itself as a “living sword capably of cowing demonic principalities, revealing truth from deception, cleaving through the division of the joints and marrow, and finding that dividing line between the soul and spirit” I wondered what that might look like.  What would it mean to cast our crowns at Jesus’s feet.  What is “the quickening” of the Holy Spirit and how it was used to allow Sampson to carry off the massive gates of a city or to allow Elisha to outrun a speeding horse-drawn chariot.  What is the implication of finding God’s strength is made perfect in our weaknesses?  The faith walk of a believer is not in finding our own strength, but in finding His strength, bearing us up in the journey to which we are called.  In learning to follow His lead, we become more and more acquainted with His goodness and perfection and find His equipping to be far greater than anything we could muster up in ourselves.  Grace brings us to a place of not just redemption for a future in heaven, but for an acknowledgment that Jesus is the Savior of our present life.  A walk through the darkness is made possible because we do not walk blind and alone.  He wants us to see Him through the eyes of faith, and to experience Him daily, moment by moment.  The characters in this story are flawed, wounded, and guilty, yet seeking.

I was born in war.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

Hi… my mom was wondering why Roasted Vegetables hadn’t subscribed to my newsletter yet. I wouldn’t ever force someone to deal with my, but since you’re a friend of Cathy’s, I automatically have permission to force you. SO JOIN MY NEWSLETTER NOW!!!!!!!! if you want to, that is

Last time I checked your newsletter wasn’t functioning, which is why I hadn’t subscribed yet. I have now though! Thanks for the reminder! (Also call me literally anything else XD)

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Erynne
    @erynne

That’s very impressive! Your characters sound very… human. Aren’t we all “flawed, wounded, and guilty, yet seeking”? If that doesn’t describe humanity, nothing would. It’s important to have characters like that, as it’s the most real thing you could have in a story. Best of luck with your journey, Brian, and remember even when life knocks you down, He is there to get you back up and continue.

@rose-colored-fancy

Oh well thank you for subsccribing, my lovely troll Dutchess. I hope you enjoy my crazy nonsense

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Neasa
    @irishcelticredflowercrown

@erynne !! Thank youuu for the mention in your newsletter!! Yooo I am very flattered that you gave me a special shoutout, I don’t feel so lonely now hahaha🤣

But this is very strange… So listen closely, I have a little story to tell. You referred to me as an alien yes? Wellll….

Guess which emoji i happen to use as my Snapchat username and have been using for a few years😉😁 !!!

Erynne
    @erynne

Well now I feel bad… I set it up to where everyone’s email said their own name so I people would get mad because they think everyone’s has their name. I’ll have to give you a real special shout out sometime soon 😂

Guess which emoji i happen to use as my Snapchat username and have been using for a few years

Oh goodness… *me who’s not on snap* imma guessssss a… monkey! 🐒

Idk, it’s definitely not an alien though 😉

Neasa

@erynne ohhhhh that makes so much sense I get it now hehehehe I’m so dim sometimes🤣🤣🤣 how embarrassing for me teehee😅😉

Brian Stansell

@erynne

I love your newsletter.
    Yes, I am an alien. I freely admit it. LOL!

Here are the references showing this…
    For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. [Hebrews 13:14 NLT]

For we [are] aliens and pilgrims before You, As [were] all our fathers; Our days on earth [are] as a shadow, And without hope. “O LORD our God, all this abundance that we have prepared to build You a house for Your holy name is from Your hand, and [is] all Your own. [1 Chronicles 29:15-16 NKJV]

I was born in war.

Erynne
    @erynne

I promise you’re not the first one to do it 😉

I love your newsletter

Aw, thank you!!! I assume you mean for the humor and not the poor content? 😂

I am also an alien. In more ways than one 😉

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

guys, how many times do you have to call me without adding the @? 😜

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Greetings everyone! I am soon to release a writing newsletter, so I am shamelessly going to promote it here 😉 ( @this-is-not-an-alien I blame you entirely for the idea and the encouragement XD)

Sword and Scrawls will be a monthly newsletter mainly focused on writing, with some bonus lore and updates from my projects. So far the plan is that each newsletter is centered around a topic, with some additional resources for that. (There will be memes. Expect bad alliteration and puns)

Here’s the link! The first newsletter should be out either this week or the next! (I’m mostly doing this so I can commit to it XD)

https://swordandscrawls.ck.page/

And now I will once again shamelessly tag a bunch of people who may or may not be interested XD

@noah-cochran

@erynne

@joelle-stone

@jasmine

@wingiby-igiby

@joy-caroline

@this-is-not-an-alien

@anyone else who’s interested in the chaotic scribblings!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

I blame you entirely for the idea and the encouragement XD

THAT’S RIGHT I BETTER GET THE CREDIT!!! 😜

lol, I can’t wait read your newsletterings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Brian Stansell

Looking forward to your newsletter, Rose (@rose-colored-fancy) !  Do you have a site or Blog yet?

I was born in war.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

AHHH CONGRATS ROSE SIGNING UP NOW!!!

https://thepeninspired.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest