fb

Searching for Beta Readers :D

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Searching for Beta Readers :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

Hey writers!

I’m looking for about five or six more betas for my WIP, Ridgeline. Here’s the basic info:

Pitch: Ridgeline is about a snarky immortal who, in an attempt to save his eternal life, steps into the mortal world. Before he can gain the knowledge he needs, he’s dragged into the lives of three desperate humans and their fight to survive their war.

Genre: YA Fantasy (but also with lots of comedy)

Wordcount: After all my edits are done, it will probably end up at 70,000 to 75,000 words.

Deadlines: May 1st to June 1st.

Rating: The story is PG-13 for violence, bloodshed/gore, and some potentially disturbing things. I’d recommend it for 16 plus though because a bunch of us are homeschooled here, and I don’t want to freak anyone out.

If you want to read the first chapter to get an idea of the mess I’ll be handing you at the start of May, here’s the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvaWfKTvLPCG38U–aw1vu2ZsxnlRO8mQXy4XHkInYc/edit?usp=sharingΒ 

If you have any questions, let me know :D.

*salutes* *Vanishes in a swirl of shadows*

@jenwriter17
    @sleepwalkingMK @maddiejay @karthmin @savannahgrace @ @hope-ann @everyone else who wants to read it because I don’t know many peeps on ze forum XD

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Hello, Gabrielle!
    I won’t volunteer as a beta reader because I don’t think I have enough experience to be any help to you, but I really wanted to tell you that I loved the first chapter! Your writing is so engaging and I found myself caring about (who I assume to be) the main characters right away.
    I hope this project goes well for you!

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@gabriellepollack

Oh, I would LOVE to beta read for you! And your first chapter is awesome! But sadly May and June are super busy for me. But thanks so much for tagging me! I am honored. πŸ˜‰ I wish you all the best for Ridgeline.Β 

Do you want me to tag some more people for you? (I don’t know that many either but maybe our combined efforts will bring in some potential betas for you πŸ˜‰ ).

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@gabriellepollack

πŸ™‚ As far as I can see, I’m free in May. Would you include me?

(I’m a newbie at beta reading, though, so any tips on what you’re looking for would be great!)

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

Serenity
    @serenity

Hey! i haven’t been on in a while, but i’ll beta read for you! @gabrielle-pollack

May isnt too busy, but I will be super busy in June, so if I don’t comment then, that’s why… hehe XD

lover of our Lord, words, and music as his writing tools
    ENTJ
    LOVES COOKIES, KNIVES, AND MUSIC!!!!

Serenity
    @serenity

ps are you looking for editing stuff too? like sentence structure and all that?

im just asking because im trying to train to become a professional editor, but I don’t know whether you want that kind of input at this point…

lover of our Lord, words, and music as his writing tools
    ENTJ
    LOVES COOKIES, KNIVES, AND MUSIC!!!!

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@the-fledgling-artist Aww thank you! I appreciate it, especially during this trying time of editing. πŸ˜› πŸ™‚

@jenwriter17
    Oh my goodness thanks! You guys are literally the best. And no problem. πŸ™‚

Be my guest! πŸ˜€ #teamwork

@pursuewisdom
    Oooo a first-time beta! *squeals* That’s so exciting! I’d love to have you as a reader. And I can give you a few tips to point you in the right direction if you would like. πŸ™‚

@serenity
    THANK YOUΒ  *grins*. Oooo a professional editor? That sounds exciting. πŸ˜€ I’m more on the lookout for big stuff at the moment, but I’m not opposed to a few lectures on the details (like recurring sentence structure, prose, and grammar issues. Heaven only knows I have them XD).

And heads up for those who have agreed to be my betas: I’ll probably only send around half of Ridgeline out on the first of May since I don’t think I’ll be able to manage all the edits before the new month comes. Then I’ll have the next half out before you finish with the first. πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by Gabrielle Pollack. Reason: I can't do grammar XD
    Cassandra Hamm
    @cassandraia

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@gabriellepollack You know I’m in 😁 Β I’ve been waiting for this for a year πŸ˜‚</p>

I crush readers' souls like grapes.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@gabriellepollack

*scratches head* *does the ENTJ thing of looking at his schedule and imagining he has TONS of time to spare* *squints* *analyzes the time he really has* *squints again* *comes to a decision*

Okay! Theoretically I can fit hours more of work into my schedule and still have time to spare. And this project calls my name… without asking me first. Beta reading always calls my name. Every stinking single time. And how can I resist? How could I live with myself if I ignored this opportunity?!

*inhales*

Gabby… if you will allow me… *glances back at schedule… starts sweating heavily* I would like to beta-read your novel.

Things to know: I may not be able to get online consistently to reply to things… like every day. But it shouldn’t be more than a week before I can reply to anything again.

Also: I am harsh… like, really harsh… like… deadly.

*nods* Until nextime…

*disappears in a whisper of smoke*

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@gabriellepollack

*scratches head* *does the ENTJ thing of looking at his schedule and imagining he has TONS of time to spare* *squints* *analyzes the time he really has* *squints again* *comes to a decision*

Okay! Theoretically I can fit hours more of work into my schedule and still have time to spare. And this project calls my name… without asking me first. Beta reading always calls my name. Every stinking single time. And how can I resist? How could I live with myself if I ignored this opportunity?!

*inhales*

Gabby… if you will allow me… *glances back at schedule… starts sweating heavily* I would like to beta-read your novel.

Things to know: I may not be able to get online consistently to reply to things… like every day. But it shouldn’t be more than a week before I can reply to anything again.

Also: I am harsh… like, really harsh… like… deadly.

*nods* Until nextime…

*disappears in a whisper of smoke…*

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@gabriellepollack Oh my goodness. That looks really interesting! I am super busy, (as always πŸ˜› ) but let me know when you publish it, okay?? I would pay money for that. xD

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@gabirllepollack But definitely let us know when you publish it (do you plan to publish it?), because I need to buy it. πŸ˜€

Okay, here goes…

@seekjustice
    @rochellaine @ashira @dekreel @snapper @catwing @valtmy @kendra-lynne @theresa-play Anyone up for beta reading for Gabrielle?

www.jennaterese.com

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@cassandraia I know you have XD No worries, you have been on my list for a while.

@wordsmith
    First of all…You’re an INTJ? I didn’t know that.

Secondly, YAY! I will add you to the list. If you are sure. I don’t want you to overload yourself and then get stressed out (because I do that all the time and it stinks).

Oh, and you wouldn’t have to reply to comments or anything unless I had questions about your answers after May. I’m not planning on using Google docs.

@evelyn
    @jenwriter17 You guys are so sweet :D. I do plan on publishing (I actually want to pitch at RM. 0_0).

And thanks for tagging more peeps, Jen!

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@gabriellepollack That’s so exciting! I guess I’ll see you at RM again then. πŸ˜‰

www.jennaterese.com

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@gabriellepollack

Nope! ENTJ! *double checks what he’d said earlier* Definitely ENTJ.

“Secondly, YAY! I will add you to the list. If you are sure. I don’t want you to overload yourself and then get stressed out (because I do that all the time and it stinks).”Β And thank you… but I’ll be good. Honestly my schedule is not full so much as uncertain, which can make it feel really full sometimes, when it’s really actually quite empty. And right now, a little extra pressure will help me.

And lastly, thank you! That sounds great.

Send it on!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest