fb

SE Pinterest Collaborative Opportunity

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions SE Pinterest Collaborative Opportunity

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

Hey friends! Gabrielle here, SE’s Pinterest Manager. 🙂 I come to you with an announcement.

*drum roll*

I’d like to start a collaborative Pinterest board specifically for Story Embers subscribers! 😀 This way, those who use Pinterest for platforming can expand their reach, and those who use it for fun can discover content from other SE subscribers. 🙂

However, I don’t know what the board should be about and could use some ideas. What do you guys want the group board to be about? Helpful blog posts/articles on writing? Writing prompts? Character inspiration, plotting tips, etc? If we come up with more than one board idea and have enough contributors, we can create more than one. 🙂

A note for the SE artists out there: If we have enough artists interested, we can create one geared toward you guys as well. 🙂

I searched the forum and found a few people who (I think) are on Pinterest. If you guys know other forum members on Pinterest who may be interested, feel free to tag them! @snapper @catwing @selah-chelyah @hope-ann @sarah-inkdragon @morreafirebird @jenwriter17 @mariposa @cindy @lady-iliara @seekjustice @joysparrow @samantha-pen @emily-joy @michelle @brooka3 @ashira @scarletimmortalized @rosemarylouise @millennium-m @skye @christieaton @wishingwell13 @esjohnson @kate @theswordinthebook @devastate-lasting @emma-starr @cowlick @pookiemonster @gabrielle

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@gabriellepollack I have a Pinterest account. ^-^ If any of the other artists are interested in it I would love to get involved. (I’d probably follow the writer boards too.)

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

JoySparrow
    @joysparrow

@gabriellepollack I’d love to join and help with this! My Pinterest usage is more on the fun side of the spectrum, but I’d love to help in any way I can. I personally would love to see blog posts, articles, tips, and prompts. Also I’m not much of an artist lately, I haven’t made much time for it, but I am interested in the idea of an artist board too.

Art is a visual language, and Christians have a responsibility to learn that language.-Nancy Pearcey

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@gabriellepollack great idea!  I would love to be apart of this!  I am a writer and artist, so both kinds of boards are great.  Character, writing, and setting/scene inspiration, as well as prompts and humor boards are a few ideas that come to mind.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

RoseMaryLouise
    @rosemarylouise

@gabriellepollack I’m also mostly on pinterest for fun, but I’d love to see a SE board! I’d be one to enjoy writing prompts and character inspiration. Just my two-cents worth. 🙂

E/INFP-T To truly understand, you must have experience. I neither understand, nor have experience.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@gabriellepollack

I have a Pinterest board, and though I have no idea what exactly a collaborative board entails, having never done one before, I’m on Pinterest quite a bit and would be happy to help some. 😉 I personally love character inspiration boards, or clothing/world-building inspiration boards, and those would be something that I can help put together a lot easier than an article board to. But I’ll help whichever way you end up going. XD Also, if you need me on Pinterest I’m Inkdragon.

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

I’d love to join! Unfortunately, I don’t have any particular board ideas. What y’all have mentioned sounds awesome, though. 🙂

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@gabriellepollack  Awesome idea! I agree with @ashira, writing, inspiration, humor, etc for different boards. I am Maiden USA on there.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Me too!

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Hope Ann
    @hope-ann

A blog post one would be cool. And prompts of course. 😉 Promps are so much fun. Also writing memes/writing humor.

Victory in the march. Hope in the destination.

Snapper
    @snapper

@gabriellepollack I vote that it should be for story / character inspiration. A thousand writers’ piling their ideas in one spot sounds like an amazing source of inspiration.

ie. the holy grail.

*melts chair*

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@gabriellepollack OH, awesome idea! I’m totally in 😀 I agree with Danielle, story ideas/inspiration/characters would be a cool board (at least, those are my favorite kinds of boards) 😉

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@snapper  “holy grail”  That is hilarious, but I agree! 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@gabriellepollack Love this idea! I vote for a board with writing articles. Though half my motivation there is so we can promote our own posts as well *coughs* 😉

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

Thanks for all the ideas, guys! It’s really helpful to see what you all like. 😀 So far, I think the most mentioned categories are writing prompts, character inspiration, and blog posts/articles/writing tips/writing. I’ll wait for a bit to see if anyone else wants to give input before settling down on a topic, writing up some rules, and throwing around board names :D.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest