Scene Plotting–Do or Don't?

Forums Fiction Plotting Scene Plotting–Do or Don't?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kendra Lynne 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Emma Starr
    @emma-starr

I’ve read on K.M. Weiland’s site that scenes should be formed like this:

Scene Goal
    Scene Conflict
    Scene Disaster

Sequel Reaction
    Sequel Dilemma
    Sequel Decision

Is that a good rule to follow in all stories, or just sometimes?

"I have the loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

@emma-starr

I was going to leave this for someone with more knowledge but seeing it has been under the radar for a week I’ll have a go sorry if it doesn’t help :/

From what I heard it all depends on you. Some methods work for some people and some don’t know what they’re doing, heck I think I once heard that someone had to use different methods for different stories. I say have a go and if it doesn’t work that just means you were intended for another method 🙂

Emma Starr
    @emma-starr

@ajaj2000 Right! 😀 Thanks! I’ll try it then.

"I have the loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams

Kendra Lynne
    @kendralynne518

@emma-starr From what I heard it all depends on you. Some methods work for some people and some don’t know what they’re doing, heck I think I once heard that someone had to use different methods for different stories. I say have a go and if it doesn’t work that just means you were intended for another method 🙂

^yes^

I believe that writing is a very individual thing; nobody is going to be able to follow the same procedures or methods because each person functions differently.

"Loyalty, honor, a willing heart. I can ask for no more than that."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest