Scene Plotting–Do or Don't?

Forums Fiction Plotting Scene Plotting–Do or Don't?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kendra Lynne 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Emma Starr
    @emma-starr

I’ve read on K.M. Weiland’s site that scenes should be formed like this:

Scene Goal
    Scene Conflict
    Scene Disaster

Sequel Reaction
    Sequel Dilemma
    Sequel Decision

Is that a good rule to follow in all stories, or just sometimes?

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂

https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog/

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

@emma-starr

I was going to leave this for someone with more knowledge but seeing it has been under the radar for a week I’ll have a go sorry if it doesn’t help :/

From what I heard it all depends on you. Some methods work for some people and some don’t know what they’re doing, heck I think I once heard that someone had to use different methods for different stories. I say have a go and if it doesn’t work that just means you were intended for another method 🙂

Emma Starr
    @emma-starr

@ajaj2000 Right! 😀 Thanks! I’ll try it then.

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂

https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog/

Kendra Lynne
    @kendralynne518

@emma-starr From what I heard it all depends on you. Some methods work for some people and some don’t know what they’re doing, heck I think I once heard that someone had to use different methods for different stories. I say have a go and if it doesn’t work that just means you were intended for another method 🙂

^yes^

I believe that writing is a very individual thing; nobody is going to be able to follow the same procedures or methods because each person functions differently.

just a crazy ENFP/tough cowgirl/obsesses over time travel/middle earth/writer/book dragon/obidala

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest