fb

"Salvete!" (Or translated – "Hi ya'll!")

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself "Salvete!" (Or translated – "Hi ya'll!")

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    Brink
    @nuetrobolt

And I’m also an unashamed homeschooler. Vip and I have been to Middle Earth once or twice. *scratches Vip’s scaly dragon head.*

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@evelyn, thanks! Although, I feel like I really didn’t give you much. XD oh, well. Of course, I can tell you. But… I have a feeling that I would just make it confusing, because sometimes I’m like that. So…

@livgiordano
    , would you like to tell this kind hobbit/ranger how in the world we manage to write Firebrand. I’ll chime in, if I think you missed something. 😉

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Olivia Giordano
    @livgiordano

@filewriter Okay! Let’s see…

So here’s how we cowrite, @evelyn :

It’s actually really simple. But the way we do it is most likely different than what other people do.

Because we’re doing it more for fun (and it’s actually turning out this way) we figure out everything as we go. It started out with a prompt that I emailed File, and she wrote back with what she thought came next. And we keep going back and forth with sections, creating a story as it’s happening.

It can be so much fun, because the plot twists she writes are exactly what I was thinking would happen. It really works, because we figured out how to blend our writing styles, so it’s almost undistinguishable who wrote which section. Yeah, like when we read over it, I’m always like, “Wait. Which one of us wrote this?”

But something else we do is go back and edit each other’s work for grammar, flow, and just minor details.

If one section just seems totally wrong, we talk about it.

Like the other day, I wrote something that made zero sense. Yeah. Well, thanks to my amazing co-author, we were able to figure it out. And I’m probably going to have to rewrite that for sure.

So, when we get to stuff like that, we do talk about, but we try not to plan too far in advance so the story can come together really as if we’re seeing it happen along with the readers.

Oh, and I know some co authors write two POVs, and each person takes a POV, but in this story, we only have one POV. And it’s working out really well that way.

ISFJ / Poet / Realistic Fiction / TCK
    https://livforhim.wordpress.com/

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hi @livgiordano ! Nice to meet you! I’m going to be a freshman in high school this fall. 🙂

Of the Middle Earth books I have five short stories, (including Roverandom, Farmer of Giles and some others…) The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and then The Letter’s of J.R.R. Tolkien.

Both of your WIP sound very interesting and I had never thought of writing a synopsis of my WIPs… I probably should though since I fell like that WIPs are often asked about. 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Evelyn.
    Evelyn
    @evelyn

@nuetrobolt Ah, if you ever stop on your way through Middle Earth again, make sure to send my greetings. 😉

@livgiordano
    Ha, I didn’t see your second message when I just sent my message a few minutes ago.. Well your co-author writing process sounds so interesting and fun! Since you are writing together, do you plan out the whole plot ahead of time?

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@evelyn, oh, oh. I can answer that! And the answer is:

Nope. 😃 We do no planning. That way we can leave each other (and ourselves) in cliffhangers. It’s also kinda handy. If I don’t know where the stuff I just wrote is going to lead to, then I just shuffle it off to her. Which might seem a little mean, but she always seems to be able to figure it .oI have to go now. 😉

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@evelyn, I will.

@filewriter
    , I’m coauthoring a book with my cousin, and we already have the basic plot made, but I add little twists and turns every once and a while. He hardly writes, though.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@filewriter Wow! What if you kill off a character that @livgiordano loves?? XD Or the other way around? What happens then?

That must be so much fun though to not know what the other person is going to write next!

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@evelyn, *rubs hands together in evil contentment*

That’s always a possibility. What do you think would have happened if she made two people fall in love? *evil laugh* I mean,… you didn’t hear that from me.

Actually, @livgiordano did make this one character die that I thought might actually turn into something, but…

Yeah, it is super fun. It’s great to be in suspence of your own story.

Hmm… I wish I could remember more times when she did something super surprising. That is always fun. Oh, and what’s super creepy is when she writes down my idea. *shudders* It’s great!

Olivia Giordano
    @livgiordano

@filewriter @evelyn Yes, we have so much fun with this. And most of the  time we don’t kill off characters that the other one loves. *coughs* You’re one to talk, File. I wrote TWO things that I was going to write…and then you use the idea…somehow…reading my brain. XD. It’s really fun though, because we think along the same lines most of the time.

And your cliffhangers aren’t that bad, because you do all the leadup. I do give  her a fair share of cliffhangers to deal with as well, and she handles it masterfully.

O_O FILE. You wouldn’t dare. -_- *coughs* You said yourself that your own characters fall in love. I mean, it’s part of life. XD. So…isn’t that AT LEAST a possibility? I mean, we’ve stayed clear of romance so far, for your own sake. XD. I’m okay with that for now, but maybe on book two…possibly…it might be an option??? Pretty please?

*coughs* Moving on…Yeah, we don’t always agree. But I  think for the most part we can  figure out everything pretty well, and we each only have half of the load. So, that can be fun!

ISFJ / Poet / Realistic Fiction / TCK
    https://livforhim.wordpress.com/

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@livgiordano @filewriter

Lol, you guys are hilarious and it sounds like you two are having bunches of fun with it!! XD

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Evelyn.
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

Hello friend-

Here I go by Wordsmith but you know me as otherwise. It is nice to see you here! I was admitted and really should be getting to Algebra 2, but wanted to say “Hi!” first.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@wordsmith Haha! Thanks for procrastinating your Algebra homework to say hi!  (And yes I know who you are… 🙂 )

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

Heyo!

(if I were from Middle Earth then I would have been corrupted by a piece of jewelry and turned into a Ring Wraith)

*bows* Sorry if I’m slightly creepy at times…

Clocks, music, and grey skies are good.

What’s your favourite season, and why?

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@devastate-lasting

I can handle creepy.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest