fb

Salutations!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

Oh, and it is historical fiction. Not sure if I mentioned that as the genre I write in most of the time, or not. 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@selah-chelyah Your story sounds terrific! I am absolutely interested in checking it out!

Quick question. Are you ever afraid to post a description of your stories for fear of having your ideas copied?

"I'd wager that I have more illnesses than all of you!" She exclaimed.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@therealameliahoch

Aww, you are so thoughtful! Like I said, I am not good at summaries like that. 🙂

Hmm, I guess I have not thought of that happening. In the case of this WIP (work-in-progress), the plot is so crazy and unusual, I don’t think that would be an issue. Are you?

Would you like me to add you to my Google chat for my beta readers? I will need your email, but you can chat on there with me and several others who are beta-ing this book. And I use it to notify everyone of updates, too. 😀

~ Created to create ~

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@therealameliahoch Oh cool! I’ve only ever read one Francine Rivers book, which was The Last Sin-Eater. I had actually watched the play adaption first when I was eight or so, but didn’t understand any of it. 😛 But then I read it about a year ago and really liked it! A very good book! 🙂

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@selah-chelyah I also have crazy plots.

I have a deep seeded paranoia of having my intellectual property stolen because when I was younger, I saw an episode of Arthur where Buster got his joke stolen, and it just got to me. XD

I would enjoy reading your work. You can email me at ameliahochblog@gmail.com

I am looking forward to it!

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@evelyn I’ll have to add that one to my list!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@therealameliahoch

Yes, lol! 🙂

Really? That is interesting…I can see that happening.

Awesome! I will add you to the chat, as well. And let you know when the chapters are finished…

~ Created to create ~

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@selah-chelyah 🙂

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@therealameliahoch

Alright, I added you. 🙂

~ Created to create ~

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@selah-chelyah 😉

Chalice
    @chalice

@therealameliahoch, Hey Amelia! I’m kind of late, but welcome to Story Embers.

That’s cool that you enjoy doing make-up. I’ve always thought that it would be neat to be a make-up artist for a movie or something, although I never wear make-up myself. 🙂

That’s great that you have a writing project that you’re excited about! 😀 What is it about? (If you don’t mind me asking. It’s okay if you would rather not tell me, I understand. 🙂 )

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

Hi @chalice ! Ya, I like some movie makeup too. Especially the Kree makeup from Agents of Sheild (my fave!)

I actually started a second project today. One is a Historical Steampunk Portal Fantasy based on a dream I had last night and the other I hesitate to discuss because it deals with some more mature themes. (I promise nothing inappropriate, but I don’ t want to hurt any younger readers.)

What are you working on?

Chalice
    @chalice

@therealameliahoch, I’ve never seen Agents of Sheild before. It looks interesting though.

That sounds like a cool story! I have a story like that too, where I based it off of a dream I had, but I haven’t worked on it in a while. Are you outlining your story before you write it, or do you do better just jumping right in?

I’m currently only writing out one story, though I am trying to work out a couple others in my head. It’s sort of a fairy tale/fantasy/sybolic kind of story. I’m really excited about it, because I like the idea, but I’m not so excited about actually writing it out. XP

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@chalice Basically I write “by the seat of my pants,” occasionally I write notes to help get the ideas out. One time I tried using The Snowflake Method, which is a less intense way of outlining, but it didn’t really work for me.

I looked at your website, and OH MY GOODNESS IT IS AMAZING!!! You are so talented! My skills run more 3D; though I have dabbled in acrylics, they are all quite primitive.

I have drawn some house plans that turned out well, and also a map that I am proud of.

I like fairy tale/fantasy/symbolic kinds of stories. I pray yours goes well!

Chalice
    @chalice

@therealameliahoch, Oh, cool! I’m definitely an outliner. Whenever I try to just write my story, I get the first few paragraphs down and then I’m like, “I have no idea where to go from here.” 😛

Aw, thank you! All glory definitely goes to God! Yeah, acrylics are my favorite to paint with, but I enjoy drawing more than painting. What kind of 3D art do you like to do?

Thank you for your prayers! I really apreciate them. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest