fb

Salutations!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

Hi, my name’s Amelia. I live in San Diego CA, and I am 25. I have so many health issues I can’t name them all here, but here are a few. NLD, PCOS, Fibromyalgia, ADD, OCD, and Depression. (Whew!)

I am quite creative, but in my current living situation, I am limited to, Pinterest, Embroidery, Crocheting, and makeup. (Yes makeup!)

I have always dreamt of writing a book, but it wasn’t until I was 11 I wrote a children’s book about a yellow rubber duckie named Butter. I didn’t write for years after that until I picked it back up. I have written off and on (mostly off) since. Right now I am writing something I am so excited about; it is by far the best thing I have done. (My Mom REALLY agrees. “facepalm”)

I live with my mom Lisa, a Parrot named Precious, and a cat named Ginger Rodgers.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

"I'd wager that I have more illnesses than all of you!" She exclaimed.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@therealameliahoch Hey! Welcome to Story Embers! I love to crochet too! What is your favorite crocheting project?

And I must say Ginger Rodgers is an adorable name for a cat. 😀 😀 😀

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@evelyn Well right now I am in the middle of a lemon peel afghan that is not going well! 😛 (I am essentially a beginner.) I really struggle with tension. Soon I would like to start making baby hats for charity!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@therealameliahoch Sounds like a very neat project! And I have wanted to make baby hats for charity too before. I had this idea to start crafting circles where everyone meets up and works together making baby hats, or hats for cancer patients… I hope to still organize something of that sort sometime! 🙂

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@evelyn Wow! Sounds really cool! I wish I had that near me.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@therealameliahoch

Hey there! I’m Bama Rose. I don’t crotchet much, but I knew how at one point. 🙂

You have a parrot?! So cool!

Are you planning to join a guild sometime?

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Welcome to Story Embers, @therealameliahoch!! I hope you enjoy your time here!

I myself have ASD as well as pagophagia. So maybe we can find at least a little common ground. Depends on your perspective.

Do you know your MBTI type?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by J. Dekreel.

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@bama-rose I’ve applied to join a guild, and I cannot wait!

@dekreel
    I think we can absolutely find common ground!

It’s interesting; I am obsessed with drinking water. I call myself a water hoarder (I have hoarding, y’know, tendencies.)

I do not know my type even though I’ve been tested a couple times. Sorry.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@therealameliahoch So what kind of things do you like to read? What do you like to write?

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

Well, @evelyn , I enjoy reading fantasy, sci-fi, cozy mysteries, and well done (Christian) romance.

I typically enjoy writing YA and New Adult fantasy and sci-fi, however, at the moment I am working on a YA Contemporary, something. I am not entirely sure how to categorize it.

How about you? What do you like?

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

@therealameliahoch  XD I’m the same way with ice, come to think of it! At least water is easier on the teeth.

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@therealameliahoch

Hello, Amelia, and welcome to Story Embers!

I can identify with the many health issues…our family lived in a black-moldy house for 9 months, and have dealt with a lot of severe issues since then, for the last 9 years. It is rough, but it also shows the power of God! I am grateful for the many things I have learned because of them. 🙂

Would you be interested in beta reading the first few chapters of my his-fic book?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@therealameliahoch Cool! I like to read Fantasy and Sci-fi too! Though I like a really some classics and contemporary too. Just as long as a book is a good book, I’ll love it. 😉

As for writing, I usually stick to fantasy and contemporary, and then poetry.

If you had to pick a favorite book (or two or three haha) what would they be?

therealameliahoch
    @therealameliahoch

@dekreel ;P

@selah-chelyah
    Yikes Mold! That does not sound like fun. I would definitely be interested but so that you know I am a total newbie at being a critique partner. Also, you should be aware that I share everything with my mom. She is my closest companion. What is it about?

@evelyn
    Oh How to narrow it down?! 😉 I don’ think I can figure out my favorite books ever, but I can say my favorite books of the moment: The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers, Savvy by Ingrid Law, A Dangerous Legacy by Elizabeth Camden… and a bonus two more! The Princess Companion by Melanie Cellier, The Ryn, Eyes of E’veria by Serena Chase.

“dabbs brow” Well! I think that will suffice!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@therealameliahoch

Oh, that is SO awesome! What better companion? I can so relate to that.

This is a short summary of sorts that I wrote recently on my current WIP that I have several chapters finished with…just realize, please, that I am terrible at writing summaries! Grr…

Jordan is living the dream as a NY lawyer when he witnesses the horrific events of 9/11. In the aftermath, he must deal with a devastating blow from an unexpected arena, bringing haunting memories from the past into play. Can he admit what he has done, and learn to live and love in the aftermath of trauma?

Antonia is crushed when her dear friend and twin sister is killed in the terrorist attacks. In a cruel twist of events, she is shocked to discover past family secrets she did not know existed, and deal with the ramifications of those secrets. Will she ever recover, and how can she trust anyone again? 

As paths cross and lives change, Jordan and Antonia must learn to surrender their wills to the Lord and let Him take control.

I have the first 5 chapters nearly completed (within a couple days they will be done), and then I am pausing on writing in order to finish school, so the rest of the book will be a few months in the making while I do that. After that you will be able to access the document I have it on, as I write more chapters and add them.

Currently I have several people reading it and a lot more who I want to read it once it is ALL done. 🙂 If you would rather wait until it is finished, or not read it at all, that is great as well. 😀  Just let me know…

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest