fb

Run The Race Movie

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Run The Race Movie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

Hey everyone on the forum. Yes, you.

There’s a Christian film coming out February 22nd called Run The Race and I actually got the chance to preview it at a film festival last year.

Guys, it’s really good! Maybe it’s just slightly cliché, but there’s so much going for it that it gets a resounding A+ from me.

Here are some things I liked about it.

• The brothers’ relationship. It was really quite nuanced and made you care about both of them deeply.
    • But the one brother is the best. In fact, he’s probably the best example I’ve ever seen of how to write a strongly compelling character who is noble doesn’t have many faults.
    • This is actually a YA movie. Most Christian films are aimed for the whole family, or kids, or adults, but this is quintessentially YA. I really resonated with the themes in the story.
    • The plot, dialogue, and character arcs all feel very believable.
    • This is probably my second favorite Christian film under Chariots of Fire.

All that is to say, I suggest you go see it. I’m planning to. 🙂

I’m gonna tag my guild.

@ethryndal
    @corissa @raemarie @bama-rose @kate @r-m-archer @literatureforthelight @j-parkhurst @gabbyj @cassandraia @chalice @noahlitle @julianne @germaine-han @sesi @r-j-karas @rosemarylouise @msqueen8 @timothy-gullett @eden-anderson

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@daeus-lamb

Ooh, I just watched the trailer and now I’m all excited! Although I probably won’t be able to see it until after it’s done in theatres. Due to the small town end-of-the-road kind of problems.😝 But I’ll get to see it after that!

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@daeus-lamb Sounds cool! I’m like @bama-rose in that I probably won’t get to watch the movie right away, but I’ll definitely be looking out for it in the coming months. Thanks for the recommendation 🙂

INFJ // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@daeus-lamb

Sounds neat! I will have to check it out. And Chariots of Fire is amazing! Love that story! Have you read any books that tell Eric Liddell’s full story, including the parts of his life (and death) that are not in the movie?

On a side note, have any of you seen the movie Seasons of Gray? My sisters and I were watching clips from it and wondered about it. Anyone?!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

@Daeus-lamb hey, I actually saw a preview for this just the other day. I was impressed. I’ll hafta keep my eyes peeled!

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@selah-chelyah Oh, Seasons of Grey is really good!

I read a short biography of Eric Liddell once.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@selah-chelyah Oh, Seasons of Grey is really good!

I read a short biography of Eric Liddell once.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@daeus-lamb

Neat! Eric Liddell’s life is amazing. 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.