fb

RPforL- The Chronicle of Characters Continues

Forums Fiction Characters RPforL- The Chronicle of Characters Continues

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,691 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Okay. And Cora definitely hugs Basil back, just so you know.

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

I was happy with the care Cora was putting into my injury and was floating on a little cloud of having her as a substitute mother while we hugged, but I knew we had to break apart soon.

“Where do you think Jack and Lwellyn are?”

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Cora frowned and pulled back a little, she’d almost forgotten about Jack running off into what was most likely extreme danger. “Earlier, I sensed a mind on the outskirts of the town. Jack was headed for whoever that was. And that would be…” She closed her eyes, picturing the town and their relative position in her mind. “That direction.” She pointed in what she was 90% sure was the right way. “And since I sent Llewelyn after him they should be together. Should we follow or…”

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

I nodded at her, then pushed the door apart to walk into the empty street. Cora fussed over me as we jogged down the way, but we reached the outer limits of the town quickly.

Cora checked my bandages and helped me rest on a bench. I was breathing hard, Panting. I felt like all of my blood had gone to my feet and it was weighing me down.

“Cora, I can’t move,” I whispered and she lay my head on her lap.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

“Can’t move as in paralyzed or as in too exhausted?” Cora frowned and swept Basil’s hair out of her face. Cora didn’t like this. Basil had said she was immune to poison, so the wolves couldn’t have been venomous or anything. Hopefully. Or maybe it was some strange side effect of the town. There was obviously strange powers at work in this dimension, so it was possibly because of them too.

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

“I’m just so tired,” I said, my eyes sliding shut, “So tired.”

being brought here, poisoned, fever-ridden, kidnapped, shoved into my worst fear, and shredded to pieces had, in turn, destroyed my mettle. I was exhausted.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Cora sighed in relief. Exhaustion then. While it still wasn’t ideal, it was the most appealing reason. Cora stroked Basil’s hair. “Shh, shh. Just rest then. We can find the others later.” Even as she said it, Cora’s eyes flicked around worriedly. She didn’t like how vulnerable they were. They both needed rest, but she couldn’t carry Basil. And since there wasn’t any apparent danger at the moment, they might as well get some even if she didn’t like it. She smiled down at Basil, who’s breathing had regulated when she’d fell asleep a minute or so ago. Cora leaned back against the bench, relaxing slightly, but still wary. She wasn’t going to fall asleep and leave them unguarded, but… she supposed she could close her eyes for a few minutes. Her eyes fluttered closed and after a minute or two, even with her determination to stay awake and her quiver pressing into her back, Cora drowsed  off as well.

(So Cora’s sleeping rather lightly right now. If Basil wakes up, so will she. But, if it was stealthy enough, an enemy could sneak up on her and Basil.)

I. D. Triskele
    @countryboy77

Nah, the enemy will be too busy with Jack. He is much more powerful now, you know.

(XNXP I'm not joking)
    Writ·ing: Creative Schizophrenia
    Know the Scarlet Band
    -Two-finger salutes-

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

Madame Shodphur smiled at the two across the way. They had put themselves out in the open and she was just about to whisk them away, so those two men would lose their minds looking for them. Madame Shodphur chuckled, tapping her cane on the ground once and making the bench they were on lift up and over to the portal she had entered in. These two were a crux of the storyline and to keep things going, she would have to remove them. As they entered the portal, Madame Shodphur fixed her hair and looked back in the direction of her student. Well, he didn’t know he was a student, not yet.

I have to go now, thanks for the fun 🙂

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

I don’t mean anyone in particular. I just mean enemies in general. I mean, with all the craziness that’s already happened, there really are limitless possibilities. Like… what just happened with Madame Shodphur(who apparently is still in XD).

I also like how she said a crux of the storyline.

Fare thee well Elaine! I shalt await thy next installment with great eagerness.

I want to start calling her Madame Shodfoot now…

MissPenguin
    @misspenguin

Maya followed the boy and girl as best she could, the floor it seemed, in the shaking had turned against the and now had a mind of it’s own. She jumped, intending to land on a piece of solid ground, but the floor lurched out from under her, sending her sprawling onto the vibrating floor. She had twisted her ankle, it wasn’t painful but it was annoying. She stood up, trying to keep her balance and started off again, limping a little.

Wes had forgotten that he had just used a ton of magic, and he had run across to another island. That had been a mistake. Now the world was swimming before his eyes, giving him a nice solid headache. He shook his head and tried to focus on one thing, the little girl. He would have to get her out somehow.

I. D. Triskele
    @countryboy77

The fog swirled around Jack, binding around him like thick ropes. sweat ran off of his brow as he clutched the cards in his hands tighter. He had no idea where he was or where the others were. Where did all of this fog come from anyway? It had been clear only moments before. His heart lightened a bit as a slight breeze began to rustle his dark hair, cooling his brow. Good, he thought, the breeze would blow away the fog and just maybe he could make out where he was. The breeze heightened, turning into a steady wind but yet the fog remained as thick as ever. The hair stood up on the back of his neck as the wind turned into a howl and with it, a whisper seemed to come to him through the tempest. “Burn,” it seemed to say. Jack whirled about, his blue eyes searching into the wall of fog. Maybe it was just- “Burn, Jack.” His knuckles turned white as he grasped the cards, his heart pounded in his throat. “Burn for me!” The wind heightened and so did the voice from a whisper to a demonic pitch as it echoed in the gusts, sweeping over Jack like ghosts of terror. “Burn, burn for me, Jack! Burn for me! Burn! Burn for me, Jack! Burn. For. Me!” Jack’s breath came in gasps as he turned this way and that, unable to see the nature of the voice. he spotted a figure and tensed… just as a burning pain ripped through him. He gasped, his head dropping to see the point of a dagger sticking through his chest. His fists opened allowing the cards to fall to the ground. His blue eyes glazed over as the dagger was pulled from his back. The last thing he saw before he fell were two eyes, orange in color, burning like coals of fire in the darkness. They were right in front of him, no they were behind him, no… they were everywhere!  He sank into unconsciousness as he felt the hot breath on his neck and the words being whispered one last time, “Burn for Me!”

(XNXP I'm not joking)
    Know the Scarlet Band
    -Two-finger salutes-

I. D. Triskele
    @countryboy77

The Man in Black watched as the card boy disappeared into a fog. He swirled the orb of light, trying to get a better view. This was not his doing, this was something else, something that had haunted him ever since… his mouth set in a fine line and he clutched the pendant furiously. It was him, somehow he was here without him knowing it. He shuddered at the thought of facing him again. Wherever he had come from, however he came to be here, pure death followed him. The Executive had arrived.

(XNXP I'm not joking)
    Know the Scarlet Band
    -Two-finger salutes-

I, David
    @i-david

1. I like this new threat…

2. We really need to learn more ways to hurt our characters outside of just stabbing them–particularly in the chest. XD

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

I. D. Triskele
    @countryboy77

But it’s way more fun than stabbing them in the leg…

(XNXP I'm not joking)
    Know the Scarlet Band
    -Two-finger salutes-

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,691 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest