RPforL- The Chronicle of Characters Continues

Forums Fiction Characters RPforL- The Chronicle of Characters Continues

This topic contains 438 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  I, David 48 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 439 total)
  • Author

Elaine
    @e_elaine_soup5

I sighed, dropping my hand. It was hard to explain away how my brain analyzed the wires and found they extricated gasoline, then I saw the gloves that produced a spark. I knew it looked like a bomb, but one could not ignore the twitching of Riley’s hands when I suggested a flamethrower.

“I’m…” I faded off, “really perceptive. I’ve got a great memory.”

Riley didn’t seem to buy it and raised his eyebrows at my lackluster excuse. My hand started to tap and my eyes focused on the screens inside my lenses instead of the man in front of me. They were looking him up subconsciously.

————————-

Scarlillie, you can have Luna say anything or nothing about Riley, just have him push her about the tech on her body

————————

@countryboy77 where is this Arian post and Crystal addition?

• This reply was modified 6 days, 18 hours ago by  Elaine.

*nodds*

The Deranged Ninja
      @kari-karast

Sharv frowned and took a step back. What was going on? “Don’t do that again.” He gave the blond girl a hard look.

Shara turned, Sharv was a few feet back… with a blond kid. Where’d she come from? Shara walked back over to her twin and peered at the new girl curiously. “Who’re you?”

Cora tensed, hearing footsteps. They were coming from the main street. She stayed where she was in the alleyway, trying to decide whether or not to get her bow out. On the one hand, she really didn’t want to fight anyone, but on the other, if the owner of the footsteps was whoever had brought her here… she sighed.

Fine. She’d get her bow ready just in case and hope she wouldn’t have to use it. She unslung her bow from her back and strung it, but didn’t nock an arrow. Then she stepped out into the street, carefully keeping her bow at her side, loosely held in one hand.

An extremely tall man with giant black wings and shaggy black hair was there, the source of the footsteps. Cora kept her distance from him and called out, “Who are you? And just what is going on here?”

(Side note: Cora’s also fairly decent at hand to hand combat but she’d rather use her bow. Well, technically she’d rather not fight at all, but… yeah.)

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Elaine
        @e_elaine_soup5

I startled away from the ghost, not focusing on who was in front of me. I rounded a corner, and hit onto a pair of wings.

a freaking Valkyrie here? I backed away from the tall person with huge black wings and my back hit a wall behind me. I froze, my hands searching for my throwing knives, but they were in my boots. The Valkyrie turned, and my hands found a handhold I could flip up on.

The Valkyrie turned and I saw instead a man with ice blue eyes and asymmetrically cut hair. I flipped on the ledge above me, my hair falling into my face as I landed softly.

“Get away, Valkyrie,” I growled, and the man raised an eyebrow.

*nodds*

Elaine
          @e_elaine_soup5

that’s Crys

*nodds*

The Deranged Ninja
            @kari-karast

Muaha. Valkyries…

Anyways. Don’t forget Cora’s behind Mr. Winged-Guy-Who’s-Name-I-Can’t-Currently-Remember.

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Elaine
              @e_elaine_soup5

that’s a great new photo

*nodds*

The Deranged Ninja
                @kari-karast

Thanks! It’s my Halloween costume. I was a ranger Dunadain type person. *hopes I didn’t scare any of the trick or treaters*

(I didn’t go out, I stayed home and handed out the candy.)

Elaine
                  @e_elaine_soup5

it looks awesome

I was mary poppins one year, it was the best year of Halloween I ever had

*nodds*

The Deranged Ninja
                    @kari-karast

Thanks!!!

I’m sure it was! Sounds like it at least.

(And now I’m gonna stop spamming, so…)

Elaine
                      @e_elaine_soup5

🙂

*nodds*

Elaine
                        @e_elaine_soup5

u writing for cora?

*nodds*

The Deranged Ninja
                          @kari-karast

Well, I was gonna wait for Scarlet to write Winged Guy, but I suppose.

______

Cora frowned. Another strange person. A strange person who’d mentioned valkyries. What was this? Some weird version of Earth that still had vikings? Only… she reached out with her powers. Yes. The blond girl who’d mentioned valkyries had a strange sense, which meant she had powers of her own.

Cora sighed and moved a slight bit closer to the Winged Guy and Blond Girl. “Do either of you know what’s going on?” She gripped her bow a little bit tighter, unsure as to what their reaction would be.

Elaine
                            @e_elaine_soup5

I glanced warily around at the Valkyrie guy and white-haired Alf girl.

“I have no more idea of what’s happening than you do, Aesir,” I said accusingly at the Valkyrie. The Aesir peoples were so much more different than the Vanir (though, Dark elves counted as neither, so I could be violent half of the time). Alfs were Vanir, though, so I didn’t know why an Aesir Valkyrie was working with an Alf of all species.

the winged man tilted his head, “Aesir?”

“Don’t play dumb with me! Thor sent Sydnie to get me before and I won’t fall for that again,” I alluded to the time I thought a Valhallan warrior loved me, “You dirty Aesirs just want my powers.”

*nodds*

The Deranged Ninja
                              @kari-karast

Cora blinked. Yes. The blond girl was definitely from some Norse version of Earth. She hesitantly took a step closer. “I don’t want your powers. And I’m not Aesir. I’m human.” Mostly, anyway. “Who are you and where are we?”

Cora wasn’t sure how this would end. She sighed again and prepared herself to nock an arrow if necessary. Whatever dimension she was in, she’d figure out what was happening and how to get home. She just hoped she wouldn’t return to find her siblings gone.

Elaine
                                @e_elaine_soup5

I could tell this lady was ready to fight, so I made sure my body went intangible without fading. Anything thrown or shot at me would go straight through.

“I am Crystal Lovelace of Svartalheim and the Champion of Freya,” I said, my hand splaying out on the stone and getting ready to send a pulse of peace magic and expel all of the weapons but mine, “And I have no reason to stay.”

I started to jump into the air and go invisible to throw them off, but something seized my chest as I jumped and, even while I was invisible, I went back to being solid. The ground came at me, and I slammed towards the ground. As I made contact with the ground, I heard a snap.

my body flushed back to color and I groaned, which made me wince. I had broken a rib.

“Why  did you do that?” the Alf lady asked, and I groaned.

“I didn’t mean to,” I said, “something stopped my momentum. I’ve broken,” I moved my chest around, counting, “three ribs.”

*nodds*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 439 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest