RPfL: Another one!

Forums Fiction Characters RPfL: Another one!

This topic contains 1,825 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  I. D. Triskele 12 hours, 25 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,826 total)
  • Author

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Finley looked down at Gwyneth, then up at her father, “Y-yes,” she said quietly, shoving hair out of her eyes and rubbing the little star on my head, “They turned themselves in to Eden, the dictator of our time, so I wouldn’t be taken in and tested on again.”

the memories of when Finley had been captured by Serifs and when they tried to take the Elder blood out of her veins shot up into her head, and she physically started to tremble. the little girl’s hand in hers tightened and Gwyneth looked up at Finley with big, blue eyes, “Are you okay?”

Finley looked down at her, rubbing the little pockholed scars of the tubes the doctors made putting in the tubes and needles. She wanted to tell the little girl that she was okay, but that was lying.

“No,” Finley said, taking the granola bar, but hearing the crinkle of the plastic over the food made her recoil. Her stomach churned and she let go of Gwyneth’s hand, stumbling over to a tree and emptying its contents. After there was none left, though, Finley kept retching, falling to her knees.

“Woah, are you okay?” Marnin asked, his hand splayed on my back and pulling back my hair.

characters are like geodes: you must break them to see what they're made of

I, David
    @i-david

What does this dream-world place even look like???

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Alaia Ballantyne
    @mckinley

Now convinced that no matter how many times she rubbed her eyes or shook her head clear, the world around her would not change, she decided to explore. If she ever wanted to get out, she’d have to start moving.

Her footsteps echoed eerily as she walked. She tried to look around for something, anything, that wasn’t darkness. (Yeah… what exactly does it look like? XD)

Suddenly, she thought she heard something other than silence. She stopped walking. Ears straining, she listened. There it was again- heavy breathing. She wasn’t alone here.

—————

(That can be Hildan if we want to meet before meeting David, or just David if we don’t.)

ENFP | Caution: Will rant if provoked (or if not...)

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Li’s feet ne’er made a sound as she ran down the border line of Aika. There had been complaints about how there were Yu people coming into the country without a ticket, and if Prince Saka sent both her and Yun Ashe, then it was serious.

Li longed to Change into her different form, but there were too many people about. She ran with her dog, Aoi, instead. Aoi was very attentive to the sounds of the forest, so when he barked, Li knew that he had found something.

“Aoi, what did you find?” she asked quietly, creeping into the forest that her dog had alerted at. Movement came at her and Li pulled away immediately as something gripped the mask over her face. They ripped it off and Li was forced to close her eyes as to not break tradition.

“Yun Ashe?” she called, sparring with the attacker, whatever it was, “I think I got somebody!”

then, all at once, the attacker stopped and seemed to become a melting goop. Li’s hands were soon stuck in the attacker and the rest of her was being pulled in.

“Hak Li!” Sohn Ashe called, then a hand came gripping at the back of her robes. Ashe was trying to pull her out, but it seemed that the attacker would pull her under. Li’s face was soon being taken and Sohn Ashe had just enough strength to turn her around and kiss her before she faded into the attacker.

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

“Let’s sit you up,” Marnin said softly. Pulling back her hair he used a spare hair tie of his daughter’s to keep it out of Finley’s face. “Here have a drink,” he offered her his waterbottle.

Gwyneth rushed over leaving the villainous granola bar behind. “Poor Finley, are you sick?” She asked, her eyes wide.

“She doesn’t feel sick,” Marnin placed a hand on her forehead. “But she could have some adverse affects to this environment or a hidden illness. Or perhaps, just grief,” he addressed the last part to Finley.  “Not eating isn’t good, we should try to find something for you. I have some orange slices, do you think you could have some of those? I’m afraid I only had that much packed.”

Being a single father had taught him to always have a snack. Perhaps just being Gwyneth’s dad had instilled in him the need to pack a snack everytime they went out. She always seems to be hungry.

~~~

@e_elaine_soup5 ~ So I had a perfectly awful…but wonderful idea…

So Sandman can access memories (even trashed memories or stuff you don’t remember except in dreams). Also he can create witching his dreams be it person or place.

So what if…*snickers*…we brought Finley’s friends back from the dead…if you catch my meaning. Sandman can access her memories and bring “real” versions of her friends. She wouldn’t know they aren’t real because they act as she would know they act .

That could be their part in the dream world. One of Finley’s friends comes and they leave on a quest to free them all.

@i-david The Dream Realm currently is a plain of darkness covered in trees. This will change when everyone comes into play.

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Alaia Ballantyne
    @mckinley

@scarletimmortalized

so… just a thought too. Carmin has no memory of her past before she was 13. (Her memory has been wiped… mostly) in my story she begins to dream about her childhood… that could somehow be brought in if we want.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@mckinley Hildan can meet Carmin first. 🙂 (What’s she look like, btw?)

So… @i-david and @the-fledgling-artist Hildan knows Kor and Eiri so if he meets Avery and Karra and either of them mentions something about the twins it could be… interesting. 

@scarletimmortalized Ooh. Sandman can do that?? Hm. And now I wanna bring Kari cuz of her torturous past…

Kari: NO. DON’T YOU DARE.

Me: But she doesn’t need anymore developing so hm. Now to see if I want to bring a different one of my characters with a strange past for that… OOH. Maybe Marasiah!! Although I should probably just wait and see what comes of my new plan for Jace(my Jace) and Sage.

Hildan walked through the darkness, sword drawn, straining to see. Unfortunately it just seemed to be dark, dark, and more dark(*GASP* IT’S LIKE NARNIA BEFORE NARNIA.). He brushed heavily against something rough again. He sighed. Whatever it was, there were a lot. And he kept running into them. Maybe they were trees. Hopefully they were trees. Although they seemed awfully big to be trees.

Then he paused. Had he? There it was again. Yes. He’d heard someone. “Who’s there?” He held his sword in front of him, standing in a ready position. Not that it’d do much good not being able to see, but still.

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Finley stared at Dr. Marnin. He knew why she couldn’t eat. It was just too hard to do that when her friends–no, her family–were trapped in a jail cell maybe starving to death when she was safe and fed. She looked dubiously at the orange in the doctor’s hand.

“I’ll try,” Finley said quietly, taking the fruit and biting into it. The taste was delicious, but her throat constricted and she had to choke it down just to get it into her stomach. Finley nodded at Dr. Marnin, saying she was okay. Then, a small voice came to her ears.

Finley lurched upwards, stumbling towards the familiar sound and taking the light with her. Gwyneth caught up with her quickly, but Dr. Marnin, with his limp and cane, took a little while longer.

She stopped so abruptly that Dr. Marnin ran into her back. Finley brought up a hand to her mouth, a small mewl escaping it. the light from her Mecca suit shone on the tanned face of her brother. He had a few battle scars like her, but he was intact. Harley was alive.

Finley flung herself into his arms, tears streaming down her face quickly. Harley wrapped his arms around her waist tightly and swung her around in a circle laughing freely. As soon as he set Finley down she touched his face, making sure he was real. He looked so much older than when she had last seen him.

A cough came behind her and Harley released his sister quickly. Finley beamed, “Dr. Marnin, Gwyneth, meet my brother, Harley.”

They both smiled at Finley’s brother, but he turned to her quickly, “Finn, I got out, but everyone else…”

Finley blinked, filling in the blanks, “How are we going to get them out?” was her immediate question.

Alaia Ballantyne
    @mckinley

(OH MY GOODNESS IT TOTALLY IS LIKE NARNIA *squeals* ) (also she has longish brown hair and bangs, freckles and brown eyes, and is medium height. She’s wearing basic clothing… grayish and black colours.)

The words echoed through the darkness before Carmin even thought to answer. Visions of storybook monsters flowed through her head. She thought she had heard a sword unsheathed… but that must have been her imagination. It had to have been.

“H-hello?” she called into the darkness.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

(Okay! How old is she?)

“H-Hello?” the voice came from the darkness in front of him.

Hildan relaxed a little and lowered his sword a tad. The girl didn’t sound threatening. “I’m Hildan. Who are you?” He frowned for a moment. It was probably safe to give his real name since this wasn’t Ash, but if it wasn’t… his grip on his sword tightened, although he didn’t raise it again.

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Alaia Ballantyne
    @mckinley

(16)

Hildan. Carmin turned the name over in her mind. It sounded like something straight out of a storybook. What type of character…. that was to be determined.

“I’m… I’m Carmin. Do you know where we are?”

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Carmin. Interesting. Hildan sheathed his sword. “No. All I know is this isn’t… where I’m from. How’d you get here?”

Maybe no one actually lived here and they were all transported here from their homes. While Hildan had no idea how that would work or how it was even possible, that did seem like the most likely explanation.

Alaia Ballantyne
    @mckinley

“I don’t really know… One minute I was home, he next… I was here.” Carmin looked around again. It was so dark she couldn’t even see Hildan. “What should we do?” She breathed out slowly, hands playing an invisible instrument against her legs. The music that flowed through her mind helped calm her down. She looked back in the general direction of Hildan. “We need to figure out where we are. And, how we got here.”

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Hildan nodded. “Right now, the where is more important than the how. So let’s start with that. While it seems doubtful, there may be native inhabitants of this land. We should see if we can find any. If that doesn’t succeed, then we can try something else.”

He frowned again. The problem was the darkness. “Now the only question is how do we go about finding the inhabitants if they exist? We can’t even see each other, much less the surrounding area. Which direction do we go and how do we make sure we stay together?”

Alaia Ballantyne
    @mckinley

Carmin looked around again. It was so dark, they wouldn’t be able to see anyone if they tried. Had it been this dark where she started? She tried to remember, but everything was hazy. “I think it was brighter this way.” She motioned with her hand, then snorted, realizing her mistake. “Over from where I just came.” she swung her head around, to the direction she thought she had come from. Although still dark, she thought she could see it brighten, if only slightly. “These trees… are they trees? They’re so thick here I think they block out the light. But back where I was there were less. If we could only get through them without losing each other… Maybe we could figure out more about where we are.”

The idea of inhabitants scared her a bit more than she’d like to admit. Could this place have wild natives? Great beasts or wild beings? Perhaps they would be eaten for lunch, or maybe taken as prisoners of war to some evil queen. The music in her head became faster, and her fingers began dancing again. “Do you really think there are… things that live here?”

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,826 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest