RPfL: Another one!

Forums Fiction Characters RPfL: Another one!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 2,075 total)
  • Author
    I, David
    @i-david

@kari-karast Can “you” hear John now…?

@Fledge Ooo… wanna have Karra wake up on her own, or have Avery do it?

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

John will be heard now. Let me just write that.

Also, I know I get to choose but A) I have a dilemma cuz I have a bajillion characters I could bring in, and B) they’re villains so I wanted y’allses opinion.

Everyone,

So I’m go ahead and bring the Shadowstrikes. I think I’ll drop them with Arc and Li and Amaya. Cuz there’s now way I’m letting them anywhere near Hildan or small children.

I’ll put them on the Doc soon.

OH. QUESTION. Is there light over with Li/Amaya/Arc? Or are they fighting in the dark?

"You can dance with my henchman."

I. D. Triskele
    @countryboy77

(Okay, I’m putting in Derek Steel. His bio is on the docs.)

“I want to drive away,
      In the night, headlights call my name.”

“I, I’ll never be, be what you see inside.
      You say I’m not alone, but I am petrified.
      You say that you are close, is close the closest star?
      You just feel twice as far, you just feel twice as far.”

Derek slowly opened his eyes, the music still blaring through his earbuds. He blinked, were those trees? He slowly sat up and looked around, straightening his hood out of habit. This couldn’t be real, only moments before he had been walking down the school steps and now he was… what looked like a large meadow dotted with trees. Unless this was one of his hallucinations, but this felt more real than any of those.

“And I’ll fall,
      And I’ll break,
      And I’ll fake,
      All I wanna.”

Oh great, he thought as he spotted some people. Maybe he could get away before… and the saw him. He pulled out his earbuds and shoved his hands in his pockets as he approached them. “Hi,” he called.

“They feel they have no control of their prisoner’s cell
      And if you’re one of them then you’re one of me
      And you would do almost anything just to feel free.”

(XNXP I'm not joking)
      Writ·ing: Creative Schizophrenia
      Know the Scarlet Band
      -Two-finger salutes-

I. D. Triskele
      @countryboy77

Kari, no it’s dark.

(XNXP I'm not joking)
        Writ·ing: Creative Schizophrenia
        Know the Scarlet Band
        -Two-finger salutes-

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

“HEY. ANYONE WHO ISN’T HOSTILE OUT HERE?” The voice cut through the air.

Hildan spun towards it, nothing, of course. Flaming darkness. He glanced back at the boy who seemed to be being consumed by shadows and wanted them to leave, then back into the darkness. “I’m not hostile! Not so sure about the kid over here!”

He moved over and gently grabbed Carmin’s arm, pulling her behind him.

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Valkor crouched on top of the outcropping, surveying the landscape. Still no sign of their quarry, but they’d catch up with them soon enough. Soon enough indeed. He glanced down as his twin moved up on the ground below.

Saria looked up at Valkor. I’ve picked up the trail again.

Valkor felt a smile pulling at his lips. Good. They’ll soon learn what happens when you anger the Blaze King.

Indeed, Valkor, indeed. Saria waited for Valkor to slip down to the ground beside her before starting to run. Valkor followed.

Suddenly, the ground moved from beneath their feet. They only had time to wonder if it was an earthquake before they were falling, and then… darkness.

A darkness punctuated with sounds of fighting.

Saria crept forward, eyes narrowed. She could just barely make out three people engaged in a skirmish as well as trees much thicker than the ones she was used to seeing. Interesting. We’re not in Ash anymore, are we?

No. Nor are we back in the Rift. Some new world? Valkor stood next to Saria, watching carefully.

Perhaps. Or perhaps this is some trick of the rebels or the Great Flame. Even via telepathy, Saria’s disgusted tone came through.

Either way. We should wait before revealing ourselves. If they don’t know we’re here already, that is.

I agree. The Shadowstrikes stood stalk still next to the tree, watching the battle unfold before them.

(They can communicate with each other via telepathy but only each other and there is a limit to how far away they can be from each other and still do it.)

I, David
        @i-david

“Well that’s reassuring,” John murmured to himself.

“It does put you at a 75% success rate of meeting non-hostiles so far.”

“Which is a very useful statistic,” John teased sarcastically.

“Where exactly are you?” he called back to the voice’s owner.

Also, Draven, just chucking out lyrics left and right now, aren’t ya? XD

Four
        INFP
        songwriter

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

“Over by the light!” Hildan took a few careful steps backwards, bringing Carmin with him. He didn’t like the way the shadows were swirling around and into the boy on the ground. “And backing up! Who are you?”

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Hey @trufflehunter and @misspenguin

Are you guys coming?

Brooke
        @bookcrazygirl

Oh come on.  Arc and I were having a nice, civilize conversation, when all of a sudden he disappeared.  Not cool.  “Arc?”  I yelled.  No answer.  ‘Here Arcie, Arcie, Arcie.”  Still no answer.   Who leaves in the middle of a question?  Rude.

I heard Arc to my left. “You’re out past your bedtime.”  I turned that way, and began to silently walk towards whoever he was talking to.  Well, I tried silently, creeping has never been one of my stong suits.  Something brushed my foot and  I stifled a scream, instead choosing to make it a charm.  I shone my light on the charm and saw it was in the shape of a carrot.  Great.  Another rabbit charm.  I already had 50 of those.  I heard Arc’s voice again and shone my light in their direction.  He was facing aaway from me and I saw he was talking to some girl.  I pushed past him and addressed the girl.

“Hello,” I said, waving with my phone light.  “Excuse my friend here,” I turned to Arc, “We’re friends right?”  He just glared at me.  “Okaaay, well maybe not friends.  Anywho, I’m Amaya and this is Arc, who are you?  And is there any chance you know where we are?”  Maybe she could get us out of this creepy place.  Well, hopefully.

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

I, David
        @i-david

“Alright, I’m coming to you,” John called back, spotting the light’s glow not too far away.

“Anything you can tell me about these people now, Ena?”

“Nothing yet, John.”

“Just let me know when the tea stops boiling.”

John continued walking towards the light, and soon he could make out the people he had been chasing. One boy, who was probably the person he had been talking to, stood protectively in front of a girl, while another boy stood creepily nearby as darkness crawled up and down his skin.

“Uh, hi,” he said. “The name’s John. What’s up with that kid?”

Four
        INFP
        songwriter

Alaia Ballantyne
        @mckinley

(Sorry I’ve been gone. Stupid school XD)

“There’s nothing wrong with me, if that’s what you mean. I’d just rather not be killed today so I’m being a bit more cautious than usual. I’m Carmin, by the way.” She stepped out from behind Hildan, but stayed close to him. She wasn’t kidding about not wanting to be killed.

ENFP | I should be writing...

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

“He doesn’t mean you, Carmin.” Hildan gestured over to the shadow boy. “Him, on the other hand, I have no idea. He keeps telling us to go away.”

The shadow boy yelled at them to go away again as the shadows kept swirling around him.

“And there it is again. And since we have no idea how to help him, we should listen to him.” Hildan took a few steps back in the direction of the forest. “And I’m Hildan.”

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Saria raised an eyebrow. This Amaya is awfully talkative.

Yes, she is a human, isn’t she? Valkor took a few steps closer to the trio. When should we reveal ourselves?

Saria followed her twin. Soon, I’d say. But not yet.

Agreed. The more we find out now, the less we’ll have to later. Valkor went stalk still again, listening and watching.

True. Best to have as few interactions as possible with others unless they know of our quarry. Saria crouched down. This place was strange. Almost like how Ash had been before the Cataclysm. Perhaps they’d been transported back in time? But that answer would have to wait for later.

Valkor nodded, knowing that despite the darkness, his twin would still be able to make out the movement.

I, David
        @i-david

“Oh, uh… hi, Carmin,” John said. “But I was talking about Mr. Edgy Burnt Toast over there.” He pointed at the kid who almost seemed to be devouring the darkness around him.

“No updates yet,” Gwena said in his head. “Be careful around that boy playing with the darkness. There’s definitely something wrong with him.”

“Yeah, I figured that much out already,” John muttered to himself. He broke out of his thoughts and turned back to the other kids. “So what’s your name,” he said, pointing to the boy, “and why are you guys… here? And do you know where here is? Gwena still can’t figure it out, which isn’t reassuring considering how smart she is.”

“I’d be smarter if you’d move me to your-”

“Uh-buh-buh!” John quickly interrupted. “None of that! We’ve been over and through with that before, and I’m not changing my mind.” He noticed the other two kids were staring at him weirdly. “Oh, sorry. Ignore that. Got answers?”

Four
        INFP
        songwriter

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 2,075 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest