RPfL- 5.0

Forums Fiction Characters RPfL- 5.0

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Alaia Ballantyne
    @mckinley

The boy turned to her. “What are they going to do with him?” she could see his lip tremble as he spoke again. “Will they come get me next?”

Ember smiled sadly at the boy. “No,” she said. With a determined look the cage, she pushed the door open, stepping out into the room. As the men in suits rushed towards her, she turned again to the boy. “Be brave,” she said. She felt a prick in her arm and fell into darkness.

————-

I’m also gonna be away… from Saturday this week until the next Saturday. I don’t know where the characters are going after they’re knocked out by the needles…? Someone can have Ember just kinda follow someone around, or stay out of it until I come back. Whatever works better.

ENFP | I should be writing...

I. D. Triskele
    @countryboy77

(Okay, I am putting in Dryn Kloud, a character from a fairly new collab. He’s a WIP so give him some slack. His bio is on the doc.)

—————————————————-

New York City was beautiful this time of year. The trees painted in all sorts of rich reds and yellows, the crisp September air, the pumpkins that decorated the university’s entrance, all proclaimed the arrival of Fall.

Dryn Kloud took a deep breath as he pushed through the double glass doors and stepped out into the warm afternoon sunshine. Slinging his satchel over one shoulder, he strode down the sidewalk with an easy but steady gait. He smiled as a gentle breeze cooled his heated brow, ruffling his snowy white hair.

Like always, after a day of teaching seminars to several half asleep college kids, Dryn headed straight for the small coffee shop on the corner of 78th street. After waiting in line for a few short minutes, a quick conversation with a colleague, and flashing a smile at the girl behind the counter, he stepped back onto the street, steaming cup in hand.

Dryn took a few sips as he adjusted his wings underneath his jacket. They had been itching all day and he was strongly considering perhaps taking a short flight when suddenly something stung his neck.

With a low curse, he reached for the spot, his hand closing around a cylinder object just as the world around him began to fade. His heartbeat pounded in his ears as his knees buckled. With a final battle against the darkness that overtook him, Dryn Kloud collapsed onto the concrete.

(XNXP I'm not joking)
      Writ·ing: Creative Schizophrenia
      Know the Scarlet Band
      -Two-finger salutes-

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

I hast returned! Barely. *promptly keels over*

Anyways. @mckinley when the charries are taken away they’re taken to get experimented on. Then when everyone’s been experimented on, we’re gonna dump them all in a virtual landscape to ‘test’ the experiments.

Eina slowly regained consciousness, noticing first her piercing headache, and then that it was pitch black. She sat up carefully and waved her hand in front of her face. Nothing. Maybe it was night so they’d turned the lights off? Or maybe to disorient them? Either way, she didn’t like it. She felt around until her hand ran into the bars, then pulled herself to her feet, using the bars for support.

She couldn’t remember what’d happened after the men took her away. She growled. Stupid scientist lab technician people. Looking in what she hoped was toward a cage, she asked, “Does anyone know why the lights are off?”

Silence for a moment. Then someone spoke, although she couldn’t tell who, “Um… the lights are on… they haven’t gone out the entire time…”

Eina’s eyes went wide. “What do you mean? I can’t see anything…” It took a second for that to sink in. “I can’t see anything. I can’t see anything.” It was horrible. She was blind. She had to be. If the others could see but she couldn’t, there was no other possibility she could think of. Her breathing sped up as she clutched the bars so tightly her knuckles turned white. “H-How…” Her eyes darted around rapidly, as if that would somehow regain her sight. Eina squeezed the bars tighter, trying not to panic.

"You can dance with my henchman."

Knowledgeful Butterfly
      @e_elaine_soup5

The world was coming back into focus and the nausea in Daphney’s stomach had hidden for a second, but she vaguely knew it would come back soon. The girl who had been next to Daph when she had first awaken was back, raving something about lights, but Daphney couldn’t focus. There was too many things filtering into her brain.

The ticking of someone trying to pick their lock, the breathing of the man next to her, and, oddly enough, Zane’s surprise. Andi and Skyy were otherwise occupied–mainly talking to the little boy a few cages over–so when a loud thundering came and Daphney gave a terrified yelp, no one noticed. No one except one of the guards, who talked into his sleeve and approached her cage after getting an answer. another thundering came, along with the sickening rush of all the noise around her. So much noise.

She folded into the corner as thunder echoed in her ears again and the large man pulled Andi and Skyy out of the cage, putting them in the one above Daph. The guard then started to haul out Daphney by the red collar that hung loosely around her neck and she was shocked with his disgust. Why did she feel his emotions?

Daphney struggled, but the big man was stronger and through her over his shoulder. Somebody called out, but more sounds and smells and emotions were barraging into her now that the door was open, and she was going a little crazy.

“Stop it!” she said to nobody in particular, cupping her hands over her ears. When the sensations didn’t stop, she said it again, louder, “Stop it!” and again, “Stop it!” 

then, the thunder escalated and Daphney’s yelps escalated to a scream. A loud, prolonged one. a tormented one.

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

*coughs* Zane isn’t there. He was taken to be experimented. ahh you stole my screaming idea

Bethel
      @trufflehunter

I *raises hand* have a couple questions? What sort of experiments do you have in mind for our sharacters? Why are these people doing this? Who are they working for? is all this classified? What do they want?

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@trufflehunter

1. Each person is picking which experiments their charries undergo.

2. Because they want to see if these experiments actually work so they’re kidnapping people to use as test subjects.

3. I don’t think they’re working for anyone in particular.

4. I’d assume so, yes.

5. See answer to question 2.

Bethel
      @trufflehunter

@kari-karast

Brilliant. Thanks. Also, I’ll try to post soon.

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@trufflehunter

No prob! I’m not completely sure about if they’re working for anyone or not, but I’ve been assuming they’re a third part organization. Idk, tho, we didn’t talk about that.

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

(Guys, why is this already dying.)

Eina jumped and slammed backwards across her cage into the bars. “W-What’s happening?” She wasn’t sure if anyone even heard her over the screaming. She stayed crouched there, hating not being able to see what was happening.

I. D. Triskele
      @countryboy77

(Please tell me this hasn’t died already.)

(If it would help, the mysterious organization could be a branch of N.M.E. (Native Mandate of Examination)

(Also I’m taking out Dryn. Yes, I know I can’t make up my mind. Yes, I know this is like my fifth time changing my mind right when I put in a character. Instead, I give you GR and Jinx. Bios are on the doc.)

———————————————————

“We’ve turned our hands to guns, trade in our thumbs for ammunition
        I must forewarn you, of my disorder, or my condition
        ‘Cause when the sun sets, it upsets what’s left of my invested interest
        Interested in putting my fingers to my head”

Grimm chugged the rest of his Red Bull, resisting the urge to leap on top of the flag pole platform and rap the rest of Guns For Hands. He crushed the small blue and silver can and swished it in the closest dumpster before stepping through the solid brick wall, becoming visible as he stepped into the crowd of students that swarmed down the hallway.

Adjusting his headphones, he weaved through the throng. Ugh, maybe he should have stayed invisible… although, suddenly becoming visible in the middle of a classroom with the eyes of the entire class upon you usually had some pretty negative consequences. He sighed…, humans…

“If you think I’m staying in this backpack all day, you have another thing coming,” a familiar voice hissed from his back. “Backpacks aren’t supposed to talk,” Grimm chided. “But I’m bored,” Jinx whined, scratching at the inside of the dark bag.

Grimm smiled nervously at the strange looks directed at his dancing backpack. “Would you chill??” He clutched his pack tighter, quickening his pace. He materialized completely as he neared the entrance. He was just about to turn in when something stung his neck. A flash of a black suit and his world went dark.

(XNXP I'm not joking)
        Writ·ing: Creative Schizophrenia
        Know the Scarlet Band
        -Two-finger salutes-

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

It’s not dying if I can help it. The SE RP is my second fave of all the ones I’ve been in.

idc what the organization is. It can be part of the NME if the others agree.

At least you change your mind before you put them in… unlike me.

I, David
        @i-david

Man, I’m so proud of this. :’)

Four
        INFP
        songwriter

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@e_elaine_soup5 @mckinley @scarletimmortalized What happened to you guys?

Knowledgeful Butterfly
        @e_elaine_soup5

oh, sorry

Three jobs and a summer class will pull you away sometimes

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 391 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest