RPfL- 5.0

Forums Fiction Characters RPfL- 5.0

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 387 total)
  • Author
    Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

“No,” Gin said decidedly, “I can do this on my own.”

Keldan nodded, walking again, albeit slower than before. She was grateful for that, but needed to be able to prove to herself that, even in this body, she was useful. It had been such a long time since she was human sized. It really hurt to think of it, actually. Gin shook her head slightly and pointed it to the open door that the voice was coming from.

———–

and enter DRAVEN!!

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

i’m *chokes* dying ….

so is this thread!

in other news…

name for my fae?

I. D. Triskele
    @countryboy77

-sloooooooops in- Heeeeey, long time no see. Waiting on me?

(XNXP I'm not joking)
      Writ·ing: Creative Schizophrenia
      Know the Scarlet Band
      -Two-finger salutes-

I, David
      @i-david

To quote Starlord:

“How the heck is this dude thread still alive?”

Four
      INFP
      songwriter

I. D. Triskele
      @countryboy77

Lovecraft listened for a moment before muttering in some ancient tongue as he turned away from the bars, slipping his fabric wrapped hands deep into his coat pockets. He glanced around the small cell and pursed his lips. It was quite obvious whoever was behind the thick stone walls knew who he was and what he could do. What somewhat worried him (not really) was how seemingly unconcerned they were by this information. “Like a Noden in the day,” he muttered, grinning at his own poeticness.

“Ello!” He called loudly as he turned back toward the bars, “where’s that bobby pin I asked for?”

“Right here.”

Lovecraft raised an eyebrow as the two figures came into view. What looked to be a girl…. flower held up a bobby pin. A Stellad, no doubt, he mused, his eyes flicking over a figure clad in red armor. Out of all the colors…

The dark-haired writer shoved the thoughts into the back of his mind as he let a charming yet rather obnoxious smile spread across his face. “Ah! My my, did you take a wrong turn at the crossing of “What took so long” and  “Hurry up?”

They stared at him blankly until finally, the Stellad held up the pin.

He nodded, taking the small device and slipping it into the lock. He fiddled with it until the lock gave with a resounding click. Sighing in satisfaction he stepped from the cell. He pulled out his pen and held it up, relieved to see the golden ink at its tip.

“So now then,” he turned toward the two with a smile, “I am Lovecraft. Who might you be?”

——————-

(is tempted to put in Aiden.)

(XNXP I'm not joking)
        Know the Scarlet Band
        -Two-finger salutes-

Knowledgeful Butterfly
        @e_elaine_soup5

(if you put in Aiden, either his sisters or brothers or Victoria {Vicq} are coming in)

also, lovecraft sounds like the doctor *eyebrow raise*

—————-

Gin blinked at the man, who had bandages covering his whole body. She heaved in a big breath and wrung her tail in her hands.

“I’m Gin,” she held out her hand, shocked at the pink compared to the white of the man’s skin, “I don’t normally look like this. You caught me at a bad time.”

The man raised his eyebrows skeptically, a smile twisting onto his face, “So you don’t normally look like a pink striped dandelion?”

Gin frowned at the man as Keldan gripped her arm tightly, “I’m Keldan.”

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

That moment when you know so many charries named Aiden it takes far too long to remember which is which. *facepalm*

Anyway. It’s good to see that y’all are alive.

~~~~

Zerach grew tired of waiting for an answer. He’d figure out what’d happened to Wis himself. After he got her out of there. He needed some time to recharge before he’d be able to return to Earth, but he could at least get out of the cell. He expanded his maroon aura, concentrating harder than normal so it would form a rectangular, box-like shape instead of the usual sphere. After adjusting it slightly to match the door’s size, he hardened it into shield mode. Scooping Wis up bridal style, he lined up with the door. Then, he slammed the aura forward. The door was hit hard enough that it blasted off its hinges and into the wall across the corridor. Zerach stepped out into the hall, retracting his aura into an oval sphere that just covered him and his wife, protecting them both from the dust raised by the exit and any attacks that could happen.

~~~~

Keldan watched Lovecraft carefully. The man didn’t appear too threatening, but it paid to be careful anyway. Before he  could ask anything, a loud, almost explosive sound echoed from further down the hall. Keldan whirled, automatically throwing an arm out to push Gin behind him. He relaxed slightly when no one attacked, But stayed alert. The door to one of the cells had been blown off its hinges, raising enough dust that he couldn’t make out the features of the figure who  stepped out. Though it appeared to be a cloaked, but not hooded, man carrying another person, possibly a woman.

"You can dance with my henchman."

I. D. Triskele
        @countryboy77

(Elaine, heh heh heh… -laughter trails off nervously- I assure you he’s different though. Look up H. P. Lovecraft and you’ll see.)

(Kari, I actually have two Aidens. One being the son of #Arian and the other a manipulative lacrosse-playing 17-year-old mastermind with a thing for poisoned blades.)

————–

Lovecraft squinted at the pink girl curiously, resisting the temptation to touch her wine-colored skin (His OCD came into play a great deal when faced with new species). He had a feeling the queen’s guard would have something to say about it anyways.

An explosion pulled his attention past the “darling” couple as he raised his pen, ready for whatever should come through the door. Instead of the demented beast he was expecting, a second pair emerged from the dust. “Ello there,” he grinned at the new arrivals, ” Slipping his pen into the pocket of his dark coat with a flourish, he furrowed his brow as he spotted the unconscious girl. “What happened?”

(XNXP I'm not joking)
          Know the Scarlet Band
          -Two-finger salutes-

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

*adds another entry to my mental list of Aidens* Noted. Is it a bad thing that this second Aiden intrigues me already?

~~~

“I was hoping someone would be able to answer that question for me,” the man replied. He stepped out of the dust, but stayed well out of reach. Keldan half raised an eyebrow. Not only had both the man and the woman evidently dyed their hair, but a maroon tinted, translucent half-sphere surrounded them both with what could only be described as looking like tendrils of flame extending randomly outwards from the man to the sphere. Either they’d somehow gotten hold of a prototype forcefield, or… he wasn’t sure what it could be. Neither of the pair seemed to have any tech that could produce it, but it couldn’t be natural. Could it? No. He was probably just hallucinating again. Although whether that was a good or bad thing in itself was another question entirely.

~~~

Zerach watched the trio carefully, mentally noting their reactions. No weapons in sight. That was good. He could easily take them all on if he had to. He’d just have to make sure none of them got too close. Which was easier done than said if he kept up shield mode. And while he’d require more recharging before he’d be able to take himself and Wis back home, it was better than leaving them open to attack. In any case, he wouldn’t have to deal with these… people, for long. The female of the trio couldn’t be human, but she was presumably still a person.

I. D. Triskele
          @countryboy77

(Yes and no. No, because He’s a rather intriguing character. Yes, because he prides himself on intrigue.)

—————

Lovecraft stepped forward slightly, his face searching as his eyes studied the girl as well as the fascinating aura that seemed to surround the two of them. “May I take a look at her?” He quired, slipping his pen from his breast pocket. “I’m a… well not a doctor, but I do know something about auras.”

(XNXP I'm not joking)
            Know the Scarlet Band
            -Two-finger salutes-

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

Makes sense.

~~~

Interesting. Zerach hadn’t expected that. Was the man also a mage? “I don’t know if it was caused by an aura or not.” He hesitated, taking a moment to weigh the risks. “But if you think you can help…” He let out a barely audible sigh, then walked within arms’ reach, retracting his aura back into him. He’d mostly likely regret it, especially if the man was a mage, but if it helped Wis, he’d do it.

~~

Keldan backed away, gently pulling Gin with him. He stopped once they were a couple of meters back and looked at Gin. “I’m not sure if staying with them is a good idea,” he said quietly. “I don’t really trust them.” Or anyone else in this strange place, really. Aside from Gin.

A. Massey
            @millennium

(Well I’m lost)

https://theinkstaineddesk.com

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

Ummm. Basically, everybody’s breaking out. XD Also Zerach blew the door out of the cell that Lily and Erin were in so they can join the party whenever you’d like.

I. D. Triskele
            @countryboy77

Lovecraft motioned for the man to lay her on the ground which he did albeit hesitantly. Twirling his pen, he held the tip to the girl’s temple. He smiled to himself at the fact that she was a girl to him even though she appeared to be older.

His eyes flickered for a moment as he received the results of the scan. “It appears something, while tampering with her aura, managed to inadvertently block her lifeforce causing her aura to automatically form a protective shield and retracting her lifeforce deep within herself…” his voice trailed off as he examined the girl. The aura it was… (I am so sorry Elaine. It just goes along with what he does and in my defense, it was only used once whereas Lovecraft uses them constantly) He pulled a pair of 3D glasses from his breast pocket and slipped them on. “Holy…” He gazed at the particle aura, a sight invisible to the naked eye.

“Ha! I was right!” He flashed a look of triumph at the unamused spectators. “As far as I know….” he muttered, pressing the tip of the pen to the center of her chest as the golden energy flowed through her being; melting away the shield. In a few moments, a cough came from the subject as she opened her eyes. Lovecraft stood to his feet slipping both his pen and glasses into his breast pocket. “You’re welcome,” he grinned.

(XNXP I'm not joking)
              Know the Scarlet Band
              -Two-finger salutes-

Veraza Winterknight
              @kari-karast

(Assuming you meant me, and not Elaine, you’re good. Not too far off the mark, either.)

Wis coughed and opened her eyes. And immediately winced as her head exploded. She hissed slightly, then took a couple of deep breaths, getting semi-used to the pain. She finally focused on what she was seeing afterwards. The first thing she noticed was an unfamiliar tall man standing nearly over her, though it could have just been the angle. The second… “Zerach?”

Yes, it was definitely Zerach kneeling by her. Royal blue hair and all. He smiled, relief quickly passing over his features when she said his name. “I’m here. Are you alright?”

Wis considered the question, then sat up slowly. “Mostly. My head hurts, but other than that I’m fine.” Speaking of, she really needed to find some Advil.

Zer looked up at the man she’d noted earlier. “Thank you.” Wis glanced up. Had the man done something to help her? The last thing she remembered… oh. Trying to use her aura, and then… pain. Even as she remembered, she noticed the other two a ways behind the first man. A… woman… who was definitely not human, and then a man in bright red armor. Had they been there the entire time or were they trying to sneak up? No. They weren’t moving. So not sneaking up, then. She decided to keep an eye on them anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 387 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest