RPfL- 5.0

Forums Fiction Characters RPfL- 5.0

This topic contains 319 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  E. Veryone 10 hours, 45 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 320 total)
  • Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Rune glanced around before dashing from the edge of the village and into the forest. He stopped a short ways in. Fang and Claw padded out of the underbrush to meet him. Fang purr-growled. Rune shook his head, grimacing. “No sign of the Wolfborn. Not here. We’ll have to keep moving.” He turned. Then tenses.

Movement came from the underbrush on his right. And more, on his left. He slowly crouched into a fighting stance, letting his hand drift to his dagger. Fang and Claw prowled next to him, staring into the bushes where the movement sounded from. They yowled and leapt just as nets shot out, entangling them in midair. Rune jumped out of the way just as another net landed where he had been standing. He rolled back to his feet.

Two men wearing strange clothes strode out of the greenery. Rune frowned. Shrieking skies, what were they wearing? And what where they holding? Strange metal things he didn’t like the looks of. One of the men stopped by the panthers, checking the nets. They tried to scratch him through the rope. The other one advanced on Rune.

Rune ran at him, drawing his dagger as he went. The man lifted his metal thing. Something barreled out of it. Rune ducked into a slide. The man pointed the metal thing at him again. Something shot out again. Rune couldn’t dodge again in time. It sank into his arm. He stared at it. It appeared to be some sort of dart with liquid in it. Then darkness took over his vision and he collapsed.

(Rune will be taken to the cages, but the panthers will be taken to a cell.)

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

I tilted my head. “You mean that you’re not a demon that I awoke stealing the Crown Jewels?”

The creature shook his head, and some of the tension drained from my body. I lowered myself off the fence and swooped my hair over to one shoulder.

“You’re not gonna eat me, though, right?” I asked, loosening my grip on the lock picks. He shook his head again.

“Good, because they took some of my gold and I want it back,” regretfully, I turned my back on the creature and began to pick the lock again. My arms were so thin that I could reach through the chain link.

“What are you doing?” The creature asked.

“What are you doing?” I mimicked in a perfectly similar voice,”what does it look like I’m doing, dancing the tango? I’m picking the lock so I can get back to Rosie.”

Crap. Throwing out names was also a problem. The creature cocked his head. I cursed in Russian, getting back to picking the lock.

“My name is Sander,” the creature called.

“Satio Rio,” I said dripping onto my thick Japanese accent, “konnichiwa.”

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

E. Millennium
    @millennium

“We have to save her!” Jackson wailed pathetically and Sander snarled at him.

“I’m trying to gather some information, Jackson. If you’re so desperate to save Lily, then find a way out!” Sander turned back to Satio Rio. “A pleasure to meet you…you are not American?”

Jackson kicked the cell door, rather hoping that Satio Rio would not notice Lily below her as Lily stirred.

Sander snarled again at Jackson. “Excuse me a moment,” he called to Satio then turned back to Jackson. “Listen to me, Jackson. I can try and break us out.”

Erin perked up from her corner.

The Gesha braced himself against door and pushed it, bracing his feet against the two benches. His muscles rippled and Jackson made a mental note to work out more as the door shifted.

“Push, boy! Push up!” Sander directed Jackson and the Asian jumped into action. They heaved at the door and Erin stood in surprise at the hinges twisted and the door lock snapped.

The ENFP movie quoter.
    ‘Permission to jump in an X-Wing and blow something up?’ ~ Poe

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

The door started to creak, and suddenly the metal ripped from it’s hinges and everyone stumbled out of the cell. One of the group broke off and dashed to a girl on the ground. I turned to my creature friend, “No, i’m not american. I’m from japan, but i went to Yale for linguistics. I now work for interpol. You can call me Rio.”

Sanders nodded from his superior height. I turned to the door as he focused on his friends, hopping to try and see out the window. The only flashes i saw were ominous, and soon, the door was yanked open and i was pulled out of the room.

The time i was out and away from the others was short and quiet, but i felt a lot of chemicals flowing into my body. I was shivering by the time they finished and shoved me back inside the old room, with only the warmth of a plush blanket wrapped around me.

i blinked, trying to revive my senses from the trauma they received. My sight came back, albeit blurry at first, and i glimpsed Sanders standing next to his friend–Jackson, i think? The smell of the metal came at me fast, and i knew that my knees were weakening.

What i wasn’t ready for, though, was the possibility i might lose one of my senses. When the voices and yelling and general chaos didn’t coalesce into a sound, i sorta started to freak out.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Btw I’ll be out of town until Monday. So don’t free any of my characters till I get back. 😜 *also needs to go remember what happened with Keldan*

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

E. Millennium
    @millennium

Um, @e_elaine_soup5, what just happened? Your post was a little unclear…

The ENFP movie quoter.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

oh, sorry

They got out of the cell, Rio–all for self-preservation–goes to the door to get out

Rio was taken out for around ten minutes, and her hearing is gone.

She’s a lingustics student, so she can read lips, but its a little shaking

E. Millennium
    @millennium

Alright, you can write the next piece if you like.

The ENFP movie quoter.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

🙂

—-

My knees shook as i tightened the blanket around my shoulders. i wobbled on my feet a little as i attempted to walk over to Sanders and his group of friends. He was standing next to a girl with purple hair and a guy who was asian like her. the other man was helping a blonde up off the ground.

Sander turned to me, a calm look on his face. “Where’d you go.” i tried to read his lips, but it was difficult with his long snout. i opened my mouth, but the little sound i made felt odd. too much vibration in my skull rather than sound. I pointed to the door, shivering slightly.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  E. Veryone.

E. Millennium
    @millennium

Erin frowned and Sander took a deep breath. “Jackson, leave Lily alone and talk to Rio. Something’s happened to her.”

“Why can’t you talk to her?” Jackson inquired.
    “I believe…she can’t hear us.”

Jackson paled slightly. “Why not?”

“I don’t know. Ask her where she went out the door.”

Jackson shook his head. Can this day get any weirder? “Can you hear me?” He asked.

The ENFP movie quoter.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

I shook my head quickly, my body trembling harder.

“a lab.” i answered quickly, not liking my voice. Sander looked up at the door, walking over to it quickly. He glanced out the door, jiggling the doorknob slightly.

“Locked. Why did they take Rio?”

i lifted my shoulders in a shuddering shrug. the muted muffled-ness of the room didn’t match the other chaos going on. My legs turned to jelly and i reached out from under my blanket to balance myself on the wall.

E. Millennium
    @millennium

Jackson moved forward to steady her. “Why are we here?” He glanced around then looked at Rio. “How did you get here?”

Erin and Sander shuffled slightly and Jackson spun on them. “You two have been here before. How?”

Erin raised an eyebrow at him. “The author sent us. But it was different this time.”

The ENFP movie quoter.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

I blinked at the black-haired man.

“I-I don’t know h-ow,” my voice cracked at the last syllable, causing me to shutter up my voice. Sander raised an eyebrow.

“Maybe stealing those Crown Jewels?”

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, reopening my mouth, “For your information, when i was taken, i was stealing the Crown of Ahkenaten. In Egypt. The Crown Jewels are in London, for your information, not in Egypt. My ward’s father had to travel there and i just couldn’t pass up giving her some good training time.”

Jackson’s mouth hung open, and the women just stared at me. I pulled the blanket tighter around my arms.

“I also have gold in my backpack that i want back.”

E. Millennium
    @millennium

Erin started at Rio. “London, Egypt, the whole lot were destroyed years ago!” She exclaimed. “Another person from the past…”

Jackson turned a grin at Sander. “Gold! Did you hear that?”

“Hey, guys?” Lily, who had almost been forgotten, turned from where she had been peering down a corridor. “Someone’s coming. They look like…scientists!”

The ENFP movie quoter.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

I whipped around quickly, self-preservation on my mind as i stumbled behind Sander, the biggest person in the group. The people entered the room, pushing our group back into the cells, but separated from our original groups. I was with Sanders, the girls were together, and they wrenched Jackson away without hesitation.

Sanders sighed beside me, and i tightened my blanket even further on my shoulders–if possible. I glanced at him.

“Wanna stage another breakout?”

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest