RPfL- 5.0

Forums Fiction Characters RPfL- 5.0

This topic contains 232 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  E. Veryone 1 day, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 233 total)
  • Author

Alaia Ballantyne
    @mckinley

Ember bolted up the dark stairway and paused at a landing where the morning light shone in through a broken window. She panted softly, out of breath from her dash here. Continuing up the stairs, she listened intently for the familiar sounds of the boys. She could almost pick out Lincoln’s high pitched voice, commanding the boys around the room. She heard Elliot’s laugh, and almost skipped a step.

A noise behind her caused her to actually skip one, and she skidded back to the landing. There was someone behind her. Turning her head sharply, she looked down the stairway, straining her ears to hear past the sounds of the rowdy boys upstairs.

A hand clasped around her mouth, but not before she could let out a scream.

There was a prick in her arm, and then darkness.

——————–

Ember woke to a room so full of light, she had to close her eyes again. Even with them squeezed shut, the harsh light gave her a headache.

After a few seconds, she managed to force her eyes open. Through the metal bars that encircled her, she could see a room, white and crisp, full of the cleanest and newest things she had ever seen.

But the light that filled this room was so harsh, it was worse than the darkness that so often haunted her. She shut her eyes again.

The sound of barking caused her to spring forward, and looked around the room again, to see what other inhabitants it held.

ENFP | I should be writing...

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@scarletimmortalized

Did you see our plotting on the other thread?

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@kari-karast

I did not…

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@scarletimmortalized

Okay, so like the last 2 pages on the last RPFL thread we figured out the plot for this one. (yes we have an actual plot this time. yay!)

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@kari-karast

Great! I’ll go look!

Update:

Cool Virtual landscape experimentation! Love it!

Second Update:

I’m going to use my two characters I started out with…Scarlet and Matz

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Love those two

characters are like geodes: you must break them to see what they're made of

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Daphney heard more people stirring in the other cages, and Andi stopped whining, looking to the side and poking her nose at a girl with blonde hair and green eyes. Daphney let out a light sigh. At least she wasn’t whining anymore. Now all Daph had to get to was Skyy, who was crying.

“Hey, shh,” the girl next to Daphney called to Skyy the puppy, but that didn’t calm her. Daph already had an idea how to get out, so she pressed her nose her hard to the cage and wiggled the door, trying to jimmy the lock. That only succeeded to get the attention of somebody in a white coat, who opened her cage and looped a leash around Daphney’s neck. She was lead outside of the cage, where she pulled to Skyy’s cage, barking.

You’re going to be okay, I won’t let anything happen to either you or Andi. 

Skyy gave a little yipping cry, please don’t get hurt.

Bethel
    @trufflehunter

@kari-karast

Um, I’d love to, but July is going to be really busy for me, so I won’t have much time to do it. But if you can think of a way my character can be around but only say things like two days out of the week, I’ll consider joing back in. 🙂

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Draven, is that you writing?

also, what is your character in this one?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  E. Veryone.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Yay! I love Scarlet and Matz!

@trufflehunter

Actually… yes. So we’re getting all the cahracters taken to a lab and then experimented on. Then taken to a holographic virtual world thing. So maybe the experiments done on your characters could make it so they only appear whenever you’re on?

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Daphney was staring at the wide table in the room that the scientists had brought her until a man in a black suit, who had been standing in the corner wrapped his arms around her skinny chest and heaved her up onto the exam table. Daph skittered, her long claws scrambling to get purchase on the metal table so she could get down onto the floor and run. The choke-leash tightened around her neck, and she let out a hacking cough.

“If you didn’t pull, then you wouldn’t cough,” the scientist said, turning away to smaller rolling table behind him. The man in the black suit whirled around the upside-down L-shaped piece of metal and hooked the leash to it, making it impossible for her to move off the table.

“You’re the oldest, so the electric power is more funneled into you. We took the border collie but her electricity barely lit the lightbulb,” Daphney barely listened to the man as he spoke, instead noticing anything around her that could help them get out

—————-

Andi poked her nose at the girl next to her, yipping and whining. She bit at the bars, running her little puppy teeth over the metal and trying to get the lady’s attention.

“Would you please be quiet?” the blonde asked as Andi shoved her nose between the bars and scratched. Skyy whined and Andi stopped to turn around and lick the little puppy, trying to calm her.

“Who was that older dog?” the girl next to Andi asked and the border collie puppy whipped around, barking.

She is not old! 

Skyy flinched, crying out

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@bookcrazygirl

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

I’m gonna keep Phoenix and Ash, since I was busy in the last thread and didn’t really work on them much.

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

A lab technician, or whatever they were calling those people now, it seemed to change every year, dragged a dog past Eina’s cage. She blinked. It had been barking she’d heard. Strange. She watched until the technician and dog were out of view, then stood and stretched. Whatever they wanted, they weren’t getting it without a fight. She couldn’t see much. Just a large room with various pieces of equipment and wall dividers. And cages. Mostly empty, but across a pathway of sorts cleared of any obstructions were three occupied cages. A girl was in one, and the other two held more dogs. None of it made sense. The sound of a slamming door echoed behind Eina. She whirled. Two of the men in black suits from before came into sight, dragging a familiar blond man…

~~~

Zane walked casually down the street, to all appearances he was just another guy going about his business. In reality, he was trying not to freak out. “Pick up… pick up…” He was practically jamming his phone into his ear. It just kept ringing. After what felt like an eternity, Tyrone answered.

“Hello? Zane?”

“Yeah. You’re tracking Reza, right?” Zane glanced around before ducking into an alley.

“Yeah, why? Something wrong?” Tyrone’s voice was distorted. He had to be losing connection.

“Well… I might’ve… lost Eina.” Zane finally let his nervousness show on his face, not having to worry about any bystanders noticing.

“Wait, what? How?” Tyrone sounded slightly panicky too, now. “Did she realize you were tailing her?”

“I don’t think so. She’s never noticed before. I think.” Zane peeked out of the alley before exiting onto a different street. “I looked away for a minute, and then she was gone.”

“You have GOT to be kidding me. You actually lost someone.”

Zane rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah, rub it in later. Right now we gotta do something. If Aiden finds out, he’ll ground me from fieldwork again. And you know how much I hate paperwork.” He started jogging.

Tyrone’s groan was audible even over the soundwaves. “Okay, okay. I’ll have Orb watch Reza while we look for Eina. Meet you at Crackstone. Stormwind, out.” The call clicked off.

Zane nodded, slipped his phone into his pocket, and changed direction. Crackstone was code for the corner by Pastry Sweet. He didn’t make it more than a couple blocks before the first Suits appeared. Men in pitch black suits and sunglasses surrounded him. Zane grimaced. “Can I help you?”

No reply.

Zane raised an eyebrow. “I said, can I help you?”

Still nothing. Then they closed in. Zane crouched down and drew his holdout pistol from his boot in one swift movement. He aimed as he stood. Fired. A hit. A man went down in a spray of blood. Zane whirled and fired again, and again. But there were too many of them. He couldn’t get them all. Within a few minutes something sharp poked the back of his neck. He slapped at it. Too late. Darkness enveloped him.

~~~

Eina glowered. Great. Just great. Of all people for her to get stuck with, it just HAD to be Zane. Thankfully, they dropped him across from her, in a cage near the dogs. If she had any luck, maybe she could escape before he woke up. Although she should probably take her with him if she did. She growled. Zane, as if hearing her, sat up. Eina exhaled loudly.

~~~

When Zane woke up, he was in a cage. That wasn’t a good sign. He shook his head to clear the dizziness away, and examined his surroundings. It looked like a lab. A large one, too. His cage was next to several more. Two of which held a girl and two dogs. Across a walkway of sorts were more cages. Mostly empty, except one. Which contained… Eina. Well, at least now he knew where she’d went. He stood and went to the lock on his cage. Relatively hightech. But nothing he couldn’t get out of. He hoped. He flexed his arm and waited for the knife up his sleeve to drop into his hand.

Nothing. He felt his arm. Oh, bullets. The sheath was still there, but not the knife. He reached into his boot. His pistol was gone too. So now he was weaponless in a strange, and probably hostile, lab type thing. He shrugged. He’d survive. He turned to the cage with the dogs and eyed it curiously. What were dogs doing in a lab?

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

also, i’m really bad at writing them getting into the actual place, so I’m gonna have them just wake up in the lab

——————————–

Phoenix groaned. It felt like the tiny elves were hammering on the inside of his head with slegehammers.   He sat up ever so slowly to avoid throwing up. It looked like he was in a cage of some sort. Where was he? The last thing he remembered was walking with Ash in the park.  Ash! Where was she? He crawled to the edge of his cage and peeked out.  The room was clean and even smelled clean.  There were other people in cages, as well as some dogs.  There, five cages down, next to the cage with some girl with dark brown hair and gray eyes.”

“Ash, are you ok?” he yelled,waiting anxiously for a reply.

“I”m fine, except for these creepy cages, but oh look there’s puppies!” Ash squealed and shook the cage next to her. “Did you see the puppies.”

Phoenix rolled his eyes. Typical of her. They were stuck, in cages, and she was excited about dogs of all things.

——————-

She’s next to Eina btw

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 233 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest