fb

RPfL- 5.0

Forums Fiction Characters RPfL- 5.0

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Alright, Wisteria is on the Doc. (Gosh it’s gotten long.)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Wisteria hummed softly as she walked down the sidewalk. Another one of the High Mages’ missions completed successfully, and another waste of time over with. It wasn’t like she needed to gain their trust anymore, after all, being cousins with one of the members practically guaranteed it from the beginning. Although at least they were being relatively accepting. But it was too late to change her mind.

She turned the corner and walked a bit faster. Only a few streets away and she’d be able to see her husband again. She heard a hiss behind her. She whirled just in time for a syringe dart to hit her arm. She expanded her aura in shield mode too late, and crumpled to the ground as the syringe emptied its contents into her system. Her aura faded back into her as men in black suits moved out from the surrounding shadows and took her.

"You can dance with my henchman."

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

Can I have a briefing on location, plot, etc?

When everything you touch turns to gold...
    gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@millennium Yep! So they’re at this lab type place where these scientists are experimenting on them. And then eventually we’re going to stick them all in this holographic simulator, only they don’t know it’s a holographic simulator.

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

Sweet. I’ll get started.

gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

“No, no, no. I’m back aren’t I?”

“Ooo. Fun.”

“This is not fun!”

“It sure sounded fun from your account after you calmed enough to stop cursing me for pranking you to tell us about it.”

“You didn’t prank me. It was all real.”

“I get to come this time!”

“Ugh.”

The darknesses faded and Erin could see now. Jackson’s dark eyes looked into hers.
    “Where are we?” He asked, his eyes moving slowly around their surroundings.
    Cell bars? Is this prison?

“I’m in prison again?” Erin stood and gripped the cell bars, her knuckles turning white.

“Wait, again?” Jackson stood also and turned around in a circle. “Is that Sander? Captain, look.”

Erin spun, her black hair twisted around her shoulder. A bench was positioned each side of the cell. A grey figure lay on one. “Sander?”

Jackson moved to the bars. “Gosh, it’s really cramped in here. If I can barley stand up straight, I doubt Sander can.”

“Maybe I can’t.” Sander pushed himself up and smiled at Erin. He pulled himself to his paws and stood. He ended up having to kneel, even then, his pointy ears still brushed the ceiling.

Jackson shook the bars. “Anyone out there?!”

gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

OH. MY. GOODNESS.  I COMPLETELY FORGET ABOUT THIS *hangs head in shame*  Did i miss too much to join back in?

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

I don’t think so, Brooke. C’mon back!

~~~~~~

Wisteria sat up slowly, groaning. Pain pounded through her head. One of the worst migraines she’d had so far. What was it with messing up spells and headaches? Then she remembered it hadn’t been a failed spell. She’d been attacked. She immediately jumped to her feet and took in her surroundings. A small, cramped cell dimly lit by a single light in the ceiling. A bench long enough for her to lay down on sat in the corner. A curtain hung across a small alcove. The door was only half solid, the top half was solid metal bars. A cursory examination revealed the alcove contained a toilet and sink, the door was locked with some sort of keypad, there were no loose floor tiles, and no advil to be found.

Wis muttered something impolite and sunk onto the bench, holding her head in her hands. What was going on now? She’d thought they’d handled everyone but Justin*, and he wouldn’t kidnap her. After a moment of sifting through the various possibilities, only to mark all of them off as either under close watch, or in prison, Wis stood back up. She stepped closer to the door and ignited her aura. The electric blue tendrils extended from her randomly. The pale blue shimmer in the air surrounding her where the tendrils disappeared marked the extent of her aura. Wis hummed a slightly eerie tune. She made a slight gesture with her hand as she shot the front of her aura forward. Her brow furrowed. It was harder to concentrate with the migraine. Just when she achieved the level of concentration needed to pull off the spell, a voice distracted her.

“Anyone out there?!” A male’s voice, it came from close by.

Wisteria’s aura pulled back slightly, dimming a bit. She shook her head and bit her lip, returning to the spell. She pushed her aura back out until it touched the door. Then she activated it. The tendrils pulsed and flickered like tongues of blue flame. She sent as much power as she dared into it. Nothing happened for a moment. She frowned. Everything touched by her aura should’ve disintegrated. Then her aura flickered wildly, and shattered.

Wis gasped, falling to the floor from the abruptness of it. The migraine hammered harder. She winced. They must’ve had wards on the door. Or maybe she was still feeling the effects of the drug. She staggered to her feet and walked back to the door. She leaned her forehead against the bars, clutching them for support. The coolness of the metal relieved some of the pain.

Then she remembered the voice. Her eyes shot open. The cell across from her was empty. She glanced down the corridor as best she could. The cell to the left of the one across from her appeared to be occupied. “Hello?” she asked shakily. She made a face and tried again. “Hello?” It came out stronger this time.

*Since I haven’t named her husband yet, his temporary name is Justin.

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

“Hello?” A voice echoed into the cell.

“Erin—er, Captain…there’s someone else here.” Jackson nervously looked at Erin as she strode to his side and Sander shuffled after them, still unable to stand properly.

“Who is out there?” Erin’s voice rung out. Years of practice filled her voice with a natural confidence. Jackson glanced at Sander and Sander looked up his snout back at him.

“Where are we?” Sander asked, slowly shaking his head to clear his thoughts.

gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Wisteria hesitated, debating how safe it was to tell them her real name. After a moment, she decided if they were all prisoners it wouldn’t matter too much. “Wisteria. Who are you?” She ignored the question on their whereabouts for the time being, since she wouldn’t be much help in answering.

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

“Maybe I should, Captain, it may not be safe,” Sander’s ears flicked as he looked at Erin. “I know I’m not a officially qualified bodyguard, but yours aren’t here, so I’m your only protection.”

Jackson made a face. “What about me?”

“Shut up, Jackson. Sander, you’re right,” Erin stepped aside and dropped onto one of the benches to let her first mate handle the situation. “Maybe don’t let whoever they are see you…yet. Last time they thought you were some wolf on two legs. Well…you are to a degree. Carry on.”

Sander nodded and stood as tall as he could…which wasn’t very tall because the ceiling hit his shoulders before he could raise his head. “We are the top three crew of the Comet…intergalactic security officials.” He spoke to the unknown person.

Worry wormed into Erin’s mind. Was this wise? Sander knows how to deal with unknown species…he’s had lots of training..though I believe this person is a human.

gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Wisteria blinked. Intergalactic? What was this, a sci-fi show? “And just what, exactly, does that entail?” she called back. Was this some sort of prank, maybe? Or had her cousin somehow cast her in a movie without telling her? And was this ‘comet’ an actual comet or something else?

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

oh oh!

i’m adding in a new charrie

🙂

Her name is Saito Rio, and she’s a basic spy/thief/consultant

she’s on the doc

—————————

I lowered upside down from my rope that was being fed down from the conveniently placed skylight. The crown of Akhenaten was just out of my reach. I wanted to call up to Rosie to lower me a couple of centimeters, but there were sound detectors in the large atrium, and yelling or whispering would set them off like an avalanche.

I stretched, my back popping and the fabric of my catsuit complaining. My fingers grasped the edge of the ancient crown, and i lifted it up swiftly, giving a loud whistle that both set off the alarm and warned Rosie to raise me up. The rope tugged at my waist and i clutched the crown to my chest as i watched the guards filter in. they didn’t even try to catch me as i slid the skylight shut and shuffled over to the solid roof.

A little girl, she was around ten now, beamed up at me, “Didja get it?”

I pulled the crown away from my chest and set it in her outstretched hands, “Yahtzee.”

Pulling my shoulder bag up and over my head, i pushed Rosie over to the ladder leading to the ground, “You go to the embassy and hand that over to Levi. Tell him i went out for a skate.”

Rosie nodded with a huge grin on her face. After she left, i changed my clothes to my favorite greenish sweatpants and crop top that read “f(x) tho”, and climbed off the roof. I pulled my skateboard out of the bushes and threw it on the ground, starting to kick off. After a few minutes of gliding on a sidewalk, i finally found somebody  walking.

It was a man, with a suit and fedora on. I couldn’t see his face in the dark, but i saw the bulge of a wallet and went for it.

I received a throbbing wrist, a trip, and a prick.

I was able to hold onto my skateboard as i faded into darkness.

——————————-

I woke up in a cage, cursing like a sailor.

Sitting up quickly, i took an assessment of what i had on me. Clothes–obvi–my hair was fine, my piercings were all in, and my converse were loose and untied like i had left them. No skateboard, no backpack.

i cursed in Japanese. That backpack had thousand-year-old coins i hadn’t cashed in on yet.

My ears picked up on other bickering in the room, and, as i pushed my way to the bars, i saw everyone around me. a couple of cages were empty, and i was on a stacked one, opposite of a floppy-haired guy spouting nonsense, a little kid who looked like he was going stir-crazy, and a handsome boy with glasses.

“((Okay, not doing that))” i whispered in Japanese. ((this means Japansese)) {this means spanish} [[this means russian]], “((just gotta pick this lock and get outta here))”

i glanced at the lock, then cursed again. What was with my potty mouth today? i was trying to do a cleanse.

“Hey wait! Look at her, she’s awake!”

another curse. UGH!

I yanked at the cage door and just about screamed. i needed to get out of that cage before i did something i knew i shouldn’t. I fumbled around in my hair for a pin, and when i didn’t find one, i tore open the hem of my shirt and let two little lockpicks fall out.

glorious.

i reached my arm out, and shoved the picks in the lock, mumbling in Russian under my breath

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

Can someone rly quick give me a quick summary? 🙂

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

@bookcrazygirl,

So they’re at this lab type place where these scientists are experimenting on them. And then eventually we’re going to stick them all in this holographic simulator, only they don’t know it’s a holographic simulator.

Also, @kari-karast and I are in cells as well.

gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Oooh. I’ll add Rune in now too.

Um, maybe, Bookgirl? I’m not entirely sure where you left out because nothing much has really happened other than Keldan and Gin and Jayce getting out in the lab area.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest