RPfL- 5.0

Forums Fiction Characters RPfL- 5.0

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

The material of the Knight’s gloves was slippery to Gin’s petal flats, and she tore a small bit of her dress. Gin sighed, but straightened and pushed her too-long hair out of her face. She picked the torn piece up and twisted it around, then reached her hands into the lock and started to work.

“What’s your name, knight?” Gin asked from inside the lock, her legs dangling a small bit above the Knight’s hand.

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Keldan tensed. Was she somehow, unlikely as it was, a spy? “I’m the Red Rider.”

Or was she from somewhere that hadn’t heard of Bakearen? Or… he gaped. Somehow another world?

"You can dance with my henchman."

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

Gin nodded, coming out of the lock, “You look like the Avai version of my Royal Protection guards in the Flower Guard.”

“How many armies do you have?” the Red Rider asked as Gin wiped her hands on a different petal that was falling off of her gown.

“We don’t have armies, we have regiments,” She explained, sitting on his hand for a breather, “There’s the Flower Guard, which is mainly for Pixies, and the Changeling Soldiers, but there’s even more species. The elves have a hierarchy of bloodlines, and the petal fae are handmaidens.”

Gin started to braid her hair in a five-strand plait, resting.

I. D. Triskele
    @countryboy77

I need to wriiiiiite. Wait how would putting in more than one character work?

(XNXP I'm not joking)
      Writ·ing: Creative Schizophrenia
      Know the Scarlet Band
      -Two-finger salutes-

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

Keldan didn’t understand most of what she said. Avai and Fae and Changelings. “Interesting.” That other worlds theory was starting to seem more plausible. “How close is the lock to being picked?”

_________

Um… the same way it usually works?

I. D. Triskele
      @countryboy77

I mean they are usually separate… and bad things happen when my characters interact

(XNXP I'm not joking)
        Know the Scarlet Band
        -Two-finger salutes-

Knowledgeful Butterfly
        @e_elaine_soup5

“Ugh, i wore the wrong thing for this,” Gin groaned, “Yeah, it’s just about finished, i just need a few…” she paused, tugging at her bodice, “Twigs.”

Gin shoved them into the lock, and earned a small click, “There ya go. Wait a second while i change my wardrobe.”

with a flourish of her hand, Gin’s long dress shortened to a nice pouf of little petals around her hips and a pair of maple leaf leggings. Her petal flats were still slippery as ever, though, and she couldn’t change those.

“Okay, lets go,” Gin said as she climbed up onto the Red Rider’s shoulder. But, just as he was about to swing the door open, men came inside and approached them. One of the men looked down at the broken glass crunching underneath them.

“She got out, just like the boss said she would.”

“Take him to, we need to test both of them. Then we could bring the dog back inside.”

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Ah… true. Yeah, there’s a reason I’m having them modify Keldan and Eina’s memories.

________

Keldan’s eyes narrowed. “Hold on.” Not waiting to see if the small queen followed the direction, he kicked the door open, sending it flying into the man directly outside, and knocking him out. Keldan then burst out in a flurry of combat. Even without his weapons, he could still attack. A bullet gouged his shoulder plate. He decided it hadn’t hit the queen when there weren’t any cries of pain. He whirled into a roundhouse kick that took the gun owner in the face.

Another bullet cracked the back of his helmet. He stumbled a step forward, then turned to continue his onslaught, only to be faced with nearly a dozen armed men. Reinforcements had arrived without him noticing. He glanced around with only his eyes, taking note of what could be used as a weapon. Nothing, really, aside from the glass shards. And the weapons of the fallen men. If he could just get to them…

He dove at the same time they shot. Most bullets hit armor and only armor. One hit where his armor was already gone on his arm. Another broke through the plates on his thigh, sending shards into his skin. He hissed. “Shirogami.” He crashed down within reach of the gun. Before he could grab it, black cloth filled his vision as the men moved in. A prick in his arm, near the throbbing pain of the bullet wound. And the darkness took him.

________

Eina went completely still during the fight, trying to figure out what was going on. Gunshots. Thudding. She growled, slowly clenching her free hand into a fist. She hated not knowing what was happening. And still no one had told her. To make matters worse, she’d heard a familiar voice probably owned by one of the fighters, but couldn’t place it for the life of her. After footsteps and what sounded like a dragging body couldn’t be heard anymore, Eina stood, hopefully facing a cage, and yelled at the top of her lungs. “WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT’S GOING ON ALREADY!!”

Bethel
        @trufflehunter

Kai tried not to cry– in his mind, Knights didn’t cry, and besides, the nice girl had told him to be brave. But he watched as one by one the suits came and led the others out of their cages, his positive enthusiasm, that usually knew no bounds, began to crack, When the scream echoed from a room elsewhere in the lab, it broke, and he burst into tears. “I don’t want them do hurt me.” He sobbed, “What’s happening?”

Knowledgeful Butterfly
        @e_elaine_soup5

Gin had accidentally fallen into one of the slats of the Red Rider’s armor. Shots echoed and she ducked, finding a pocket in her bodice. Gin flashed her hand out and threw a little handful of seeds, forcing them to grow quickly. Vines tangled at the men’s feet, but didn’t hinder them, only made the men more angry.

One clutched his arms, but didn’t reach his height, and another reached for Gin. Her eyes widened, “No no no no no,” she sad, “You don’t knew the repercussions of what taking me means.”

they snatched her anyway and took the Red Rider by the shoulders and led them out the door.

—————————

More people walked by the door and Daphney barked loudly, but an equally loud boom of thunder bounced through the room and, following that, an arc of electricity zapped through me.

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Awww poor Kai. *hugs the poor child*

Eina jerked when the sound of someone crying came. It sounded like a kid. Her brow furrowed and she turned in the general direction of the sound. “Hey, it’s okay. We’ll figure this out.” She’d heard and said the lie so many times it rolled smoothly off her tongue. She tried for a reassuring smile but it felt more like a grimace, so she quickly went back to a neutral expression.

~~~

When Keldan woke up, he was strapped to a something hard with a searing headache. He blinked, squinting against a bright light shining in his face. He could make out silhouettes of people moving around the room. The completely white room. And sterile. The smell of cleaning solutions invaded his nostrils. His eyes widened before going back to slits against the glare. His helmet was off. Not good. And his memories seemed muddled. He tried to ask what they were doing to him, but it came out as a groan. Immediately, one of the silhouettes came over, doing something he couldn’t see. After a moment, he slipped back into the darkness.

I. D. Triskele
        @countryboy77

“If you slap me one more time, I swear I’ll turn you into Chinese.” Grimm opened his eyes to see Jinx grudgingly lower his paw.

“You were the one sleeping on the job,” the black and white cat purred as he climbed off of the boy’s chest. “Now get off your butt and tell me where the heck we are.”

Grimm ran a hand through his dark hair as he slowly sat up and glanced around the small cage. “W-where are we?” He whispered a little hoarsely.

“How should I know? That’s why I asked you, genius.” Jinx’s blue eyes glinted as he set about licking his paws.

Grimm got a little unsteadily to his feet as he stumbled towards the bars, peering out at the long line of cages. He gripped the bars until his knuckles turned white when suddenly the realization hit him… he was gripping the bars. He moved his hand, but they were blocked by cold iron.

“Uh… Jinx?” He turned back towards his fluffy friend as he stared down at his shaking hands. “We have a problem,” he swallowed a lump in his throat, “I’m physical.”

Jinx stopped for a second to stare condescendingly and mentally raise an eyebrow, “Yeah, so? Your GR, you can do that. Now walk through the bars and get us out of this joint.”

“That’s just it… I can’t.” The last two words were hoarse.

Jinx stood up and walked over to his friend, “what do you mean you can’t??”

“I mean I can’t! I’m stuck! I…” A holler interrupted him, causing him to peer out of the bars once more, “WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT’S GOING ON ALREADY!!”

Grimm smiled at the girl in the cage across from him, “I, uh, I have no idea. I was hoping you knew.”

(XNXP I'm not joking)
          Know the Scarlet Band
          -Two-finger salutes-

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

Eina sighed. Great. Someone finally decided to answer her and they didn’t even know the answer. But at least they could see. Probably. And that might help. She looked in the direction the voice had come from. Even if she couldn’t see who’d spoken, it still made her feel better to at least try to face the right way. “Well, as far as I can tell it’s some sort of shiroganin’ lab.” She winced when she remembered there was a kid listening to her. “Make that just a lab. And they aren’t friendly.” She glowered and crossed her arms. “I don’t know who they are, where this place really is, or what they want. The only thing they’ve proven is they don’t like us.”

I. D. Triskele
          @countryboy77

Grimm swallowed hard as he glanced up and down the line of cages. A lab… but why? How? Who? Had they injected him with something to keep him materialized?

“So how do we get out of here?” Jinx trotted over to Grimm.

“It looks like a pretty average lock,” Grimm mused as he bent down to examine the small keyhole.

“Then pick it.”

Grimm snorted, “I’m sorry, I left my lock picking tools in my other jeans.”

“Ugh,” Jinx rolled his brilliant blue eyes, “do I have to do all the work?” He held up a paw as the light seemed to glint off of a single razor-sharp claw.

Grimm smiled and scooped up the cat, holding up to the lock.

“Easy, Einstein,” Jinx muttered as he worked at the lock. Within seconds a sharp click resounded as the door slowly creaked open.

Swallowing the uncertainty, Grimm grabbed his backpack and stepped out of the small cage. Jinx clambered onto the boy’s head as Grimm made his way across the room to where the girl he had talked to sat, staring blankly ahead as if she couldn’t see him approaching.

He closed his eyes for a few seconds before speaking. “Eina? We’re here to get you out!”

(XNXP I'm not joking)
            Know the Scarlet Band
            -Two-finger salutes-

Bethel
            @trufflehunter

Kai rubbed his eyes and tried to smile at the girl. “What’s a lab?” He asked, and sniffed. He picked up his wooden sword and tied it back around his waist. “Are there dragons here?” He began climbing the bars again. It was then he noticed the man and his cat. The man noticed him and put a finger to his lips. Kai nodded, and he clamped his mouth shut.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 391 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest