fb

Romance… *nervous cough*

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Romance… *nervous cough*

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@wordsmith –  Possibly sibling of many a person. I like it.

@brandon-miller
      –  He’s right, you’d never make it as a criminal. You’d have him on your tail, plus me, one of the best detectives in history, considering I’m in all of history! I time travel a lot, mostly to London to work with Sherlock Holmes and Jason Whittacker.

@cassandraia
      –  Yeah, the hard waiting part is definitely a good trade off for the further knowing a person you’d get. You’d never want to commit to someone for life and find out later things about him or her that are unexpected and potentially bad. I mean obviously you can’t completely learn a person inside and out before you’re married, but you should have a good, solid start

@brandon-miller
    What would you prefer your wisdom to spent on? The best way to develop victim-suspect relationships? The best way to confuse poor young ladies just trying to weave their way through the confusing world of the web?

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

Best detective?

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

Don’t forget that you are speaking to the person who basically just told part of your story, after seeing a very small part of it.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@wordsmith No, I’m not really that great of a detective. I just have an unfortunately large amount of pride and like to think I’m great at it. More likely I’d be the humble assistant who has a few good ideas now and then. Though I am taking forensic science for school this year, for my senior year science, and it’s awesome!

I humbly kneel in the face of your impressive reading-into-suggesting-ideas or however you would like to name it talent. This has been the most useful thread I’ve ever started and been on, and I think this book is going to be so much better for your input!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

Oh cool! @evelyn is doing forensics this year!

Haha! Wow… Am I really so imposing? Even with the profile picture?

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@wordsmith So you’re not siblings but you still know what school she’s doing? I guess that’s not weird when I think about it but it just seems so. Never mind.

I actually can’t really see your profile picture that well. They appear very small on my laptop. It looks like two faces, but I can’t see much more.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

She and I are colleagues in… crime? No… more like… hmm… we are world builders. I am the Head Coordinator of a world building group, which she is a part of.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@wordsmith What’s world building group? Is that part of the guilds here?

Okay, I clicked your profile pic. Yeah, big smiles and babies don’t usually make a person appear imposing… 😀 Greatly talented is a better way to put it.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

No. That has nothing to do with SE, it’s just a side project I’m working on with some friends, and Head Coordinating.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

*blushes* Thank you.

Please don’t worship me… *bleh* Even saying that sounded really weird. I thank you… but would rather have no bowing at all, unless it is for my imposing nature.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

As fun as this as been -and as sad as this will be for me to say- I must go to bed. It has been a pleasure speaking tonight and look forward to future conversations! 🙂

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@wordsmith Oh, cool. Sound interesting.

I totally get the weird don’t worship me thing. Won’t do it, don’t worry. People should be admired for their talents, not worshiped. Though it is okay to take pride in something you’re good at, remember. But bowing does take it a little too far.

I actually wrote something a while back, a random thoughts down on paper thing, about heroes and how we shouldn’t be focused on the people that seem amazing and perfect, because when they fall like all humans do it shatters our illusion and leaves us confused. If you’re going to have any hero to look up to besides Jesus, you don’t need a strong, invincible person – you should look up to and take as role models someone who will admit they’re human and can’t do anything except in the Lord’s strength, and pick up the pieces and move on with God’s help when they break things.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@wordsmith Yeah, me too. It has been really fun and helpful, and this is also why I love this place so much, because of conversations like these.

Cassandra Hamm
    @cassandraia

I’m glad it was helpful, @anne-of-lothlorien. 🙂 I wish you luck in writing your story!! Also, I think the idea of Felicity seeing emotions is really cool. I forgot to say that. 🙂

I crush readers' souls like grapes.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@cassandraia Thank you! I got the idea really from a all the descriptions we give of peoples feelings like ‘His anger boiled inside him’ or ‘Her happiness spilled over into her words’ and I thought ‘what would it be like to actual see our feelings doing actions?’.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest