fb

Role Play for Learning

Forums Fiction Characters Role Play for Learning

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,540 total)
  • Author
    Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

I looked at Lex, “She could, but it’s an immersing effect. one must be monitoring her while she digs around in his head, and i’m not specifically trained in this.”

I shrugged, “it was only skimmed over in the Circle protection class. I bet Lex’s mind moves a little too fast for mine, though I could try.”

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Eiri was still confused but she nodded and pretended she understood. Then she and Kor exchanged glances. It was obvious that Jake most definitely wasn’t fine. But there didn’t seem like anything they could do about it.

“Okay. We don’t have to.” Eiri smiled gently at Jake.

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

I looked down at Jake again, “Jake, what did you see? Not to be personal, but it would matter to someone who ca see visions. that might be the future.”

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

“It is the future. It’s my future. And I don’t want to talk about it. Not with you, and not with ANYONE.” Jake growled, kicking at the sand.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Eiri and Kor exchanged yet another glance. That wasn’t good. It didn’t sound like whatever Jake had seen was good. Eiri silently asked Kor a question with her eyes. He shook his head and looked pleadingly at her. She sighed but nodded.

Eiri took Jake by his shoulders and looked into his eyes. “Jake… look. I know I just said you didn’t have to talk about it… but… well. If it’s that bad, talking about it helps. It really does. That, and… it could be important for everyone here’s survival.” She sounded, and looked, incredibly earnest.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

“You can’t ask me to do that. This isn’t fair.” Jake tore away from Eiri. His hands continued to shake as he willed himself to breathe slower. “I hate my stupid visions.” he glared in everyone’s general direction. Though he wasn’t angry at any of them.

I, David
    @i-david

Karra wove through the open desert quickly. She had heard someone calling her moments after she started running, but she ignored whoever it was and pushed forward.

Physically, she felt amazing. Her body was stronger than the sand and heat. She was invincible to all normal petty annoyances that wore people down.

Emotionally, though, something was wrong. And she wasn’t sure what. She hadn’t felt this… helpless in years. Not since… She shook her head and focused on running. Memories were useless to her right now. She just needed to focus on finding Be-

Her left foot was met with nothing and her body followed. She was plummeting faster than she could process, spinning through the air. Then she was on the ground, sprawled out on stone. Her mind was fuzzy, slow, dazed. She couldn’t figure out what had happened, where she was, or what she felt.

She could, however, groan. A lot.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by I, David.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

“I know it isn’t.” Eiri remained where she was. She took a deep, shaky breath. “I understand. I… I used to have these nightmares. They seemed so realistic and scared me so much, I didn’t want to talk about them. I… well, let’s just say that was a bad idea. They only got worse, I could barely sleep, or do anything really. I was too…” she paused for a moment, mentally steadying herself, “scared. Then, when I was finally convinced to talk about them, I didn’t get them as much. Now, I almost never get them. So no. It isn’t fair. But I’m asking you to do it anyway.”

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

(ACK. David you’re so mean to poor Karra!!)

I, David
    @i-david

(ACK. David you’re so mean to poor Karra!!)

(In my actual book she’s dead and no one but Belial knows she’s still around as a soul stuck in a daeva. A daeva being a tool meant to capture souls for the purpose of preventing them from leaving this world so that other people can use the power they provide to gain powerful and dangerous abilities, at the cost of painfully extracting it from those captured souls. Thankfully, Belial’s daeva holding Karra is faulty, as most souls lose their very identity because of such atrocious acts, but it’s still bad. And other stuff happens to her as well, but that’s not important right now.)

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

(Exactly. See? Mean. [Not that I’m much nicer to my charries, but still. We writerss get mad when the other writers are mean to their charries but couldn’t care less about our own! XD])

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Avery somehow managed to keep running after Karra, though he slowly lost more and more ground to her. “WAIT!” He puffed. “Ugh, I know you can hear me!” He glared after her, but stopped in his tracks when she suddenly disappeared. “Whoa..” He jogged towards her carefully. “Oh no..” Avery found himself at the top of a very steep incline. “Please don’t be dead..” He began his careful decent. “I’m coming to help! Try not to move.” He shouted down to her.

Jake wanted so badly to be angry at Eiri. To be angry at everyone. But instead all he could do was start crying. “That.. was the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. I- I was back home, but then, everything went wrong. My home.. All of my friends. I let them all down. I.. I think I died. I let them all down! I’m going to die, and everyone else will too. It’s all my- fault.”

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Eiri’s eyes widened. Jake’s visions were a bit similar to her nightmares. “No! It is not your fault! The future isn’t set in stone! Just because that’s what you saw doesn’t mean it’ll happen! No one’s going to die. I am not letting that happen.” She went over and enfolded Jake in a hug. “It’s going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay. Trust me.”

Korzen watched Eiri try to comfort Jake. He bit his lip, unsure of what to do. After all, he’d never had any nightmares. He decided to just leave it up to Eiri for now.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

“No it wont. Eiri, you don’t understand. My visions always come true. It’s not like a dream.. they’re real.” For once he didn’t try to pull away from her embrace.

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

(Lex)

“Guys, I know this is dredging up a lot of bad memories, but I think I can help. if it sounds alright, I can do a communal mind-share. maybe it would make you feel better,” I suggested to Jake and Eiri after they had broken away from the hug.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,540 total)
  • The forum ‘Characters’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest